Suggestions for KotOR III

With the sucess of KotOR I and II there is no doubt that a KotOR III is in the making (a press release by lucasarts seems to confirm this) and seeing as Obsidian went on the KotOR I forums to get ideas for features to have in KotOR II (that is where the idea for jedi robes came from(I think)), I might as well make my own list of suggestions now before they get too far into KotOR III's developement.

Anyway I will go from most important to least important suggestions in my list.

1. KotOR III needs a new engine....KotOR II was lucky most sequal games that use the same engine as the last game dont do so well so I wouldn't press my luck and try to use the same engine for the 3rd game.

2. KotOR III needs several different models for hilts....rumor had it that this feature was going to be in KotOR II but that never happened....I specifically would like to see a hilt that resembles Count Dookus a.k.a. Darth Tyranus

3. Multiplayer....this is a highly controversial subject. I personally would like to see KotOR III have multiplayer because RPGs can be lots of fun online with these types of games like Diablo II or Dungeon Siege. Not to mention if they do make a new engine then now is the time to do it! However if Lucasarts really doesn't want any competition with Star Wars Galaxies and cares about the money more than they do about the fan then there is nothing I can except hope someone makes a KotOR Online Mod like they did with Vice City.

4. Different Animations for the different lightsaber forms....should have been in KotOR II but because it was on a time constraint I'll let it slide.

5. Simultaneous release of PC and XBOX (or XBOX 2 or any other console) versions.... Still quite pissed that this promised feature for KotOR II never came to be....and yes now I must call it a feature!!! Should have actually put this at #1 on this list but I will hope third times the charm.

6. Enhanced combat system and/or new combat system....KotOR combat system is awesome but I want to see it taken to a whole new level like perhaps seeing multienemy and/or multially fighting animations(preferably multinemy). Also I am a realism freak so making it as realistic (to the movies) as possible would also be nice.

7. soft of a given but more feats and powers is always nice though you dont need nearly as many as KotOR II added....however I have yet to see a telekinesis force power that allows you to throw objects at people.

So far that is about it though I probably should have made this list after playing KotOR II for the PC I just put in things I knew weren't in either games.

Make comments, add your own suggestions or whatever else you would like do with this topic, I will appoligize now if there was another recent post similar to this the last one I saw even related to this was a long time ao and most likely archieved or stopped by now.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

With the sucess of KotOR I and II there is no doubt that a KotOR III is in the making (a press release by lucasarts seems to confirm this) and seeing as Obsidian went on the KotOR I forums to get ideas for features to have in KotOR II (that is where the idea for jedi robes came from(I think)), I might as well make my own list of suggestions now before they get too far into KotOR III's developement.

Which "press release" is this, if it actually exists, can you provide a link?

New Engine? Yes.

New models for hilts? I don't see the point, because it's just a piece of complex metal. But if gamers want to feel like their in the game, fine. But if it comprimises something else, I will hunt you down, just like Jay and Silent Bob.

No multiplayer. Concentrate on making a good story and balancing out issues.

I would like this because it would enhance the effect of you choices, as well as adding replayability.

I don't care, because I own an Xbox, and the chances are it will be released here.

Sure.

Balance out the present ones, then add ones which aren't overpowered or similar.

With the sucess of KotOR I and II there is no doubt that a KotOR III is in the

2. KotOR III needs several different models for hilts....rumor had it that this feature was going to be in KotOR II but that never happened....I specifically would like to see a hilt that resembles Count Dookus a.k.a. Darth Tyranus

3. Multiplayer....this is a highly controversial subject.  I personally would like to see KotOR III have multiplayer because RPGs can be lots of fun online with these types of games like Diablo II or Dungeon Siege.  Not to mention if they do make a new engine then now is the time to do it!  However if Lucasarts really doesn't want any competition with Star Wars Galaxies and cares about the money more than they do about the fan then there is nothing I can except hope someone makes a KotOR Online Mod like they did with Vice City.

Yes you're correct there are lots of threads like this. anyways....

2. I'm gonna be honest with you, I hardly look at the hilt of my lightsaber. To name under 10 things to improve upon for Kotor 3, and one of them being hilts is simply ridiculous in my opinion. I mean, hilts don't do anything, they affect nothing. You can barely see them. Changing your character to be other species doesn't do anything, which is why I don't care about that, but at least that is something you see all the time!

3. No no no omg no! :thumbsup: Though to be fair, this would be a better game than SWG. That game is having so many problems right now... At least a Kotor mmorpg would make sense. There could be multiple Jedi and Sith and not affect the story. The designers wouldn't be limited to adding things only form movies and EU because it's 4000 years and the past and the drawing board is wide open. Anywho, we have SWG now, and Kotor 1 & 2 are sp, so making a mmorpg kotor now would be silly. well, really silly :lol:

... and seeing as Obsidian went on the KotOR I forums to get ideas for features to have in KotOR II ...

Yes, the really stupid ones ... if anything this game just proves people sugestions tend to be rather idiotic pointless things that add nothing at best and screw up the game at worst.

I hope that finaly sink in on someone people working at OE, I expected FAR more from former BIS staff ... this game looks like is a god damn mod made by mushkins with no sense of the Stars Wars universe.

drakron.png

Except for the usual graphics-, animation- and features-updates, KotOR III needs another mini-game to make it feel more fresh.

I suggest (with FFVII as inspiration), "Gizka-racing". Every planet will have its own racetrack and you can breed diffirent kinds of Gizka's for these individual tracks (Like Stamina, Speed and so on). Of course there's a whole lot of betting and gambling with the Exchange involved, there should even be a sidequest where your best Gizka is kidnapped and held for ransom.

Due to their small size, you can have 15x15 squarefoot area in your spaceship as a stable for your own little racing-pets.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Except for the usual graphics-, animation- and features-updates, KotOR III needs another mini-game to make it feel more fresh.

I suggest (with FFVII as inspiration), "Gizka-racing". Every planet will have its own racetrack and you can breed diffirent kinds of Gizka's for these individual tracks (Like Stamina, Speed and so on). Of course there's a whole lot of betting and gambling with the Exchange involved, there should even be a sidequest where your best Gizka is kidnapped and held for ransom.

Due to their small size, you can have 15x15 squarefoot area in your spaceship as a stable for your own little racing-pets.

Roflmao... Gizka obsession :D

Roflmao... Gizka obsession :D

After playing both KotOR games, i feel that the series is need for some witty humor, hence the "Gizka-races" :D

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, I'd like to see this.  LucasArts laid off most of their staff, and admitted that the KOTOR:3 team was part of the people laid off.  Akari said that no one is working on KOTOR:3.

Really? I didn't know that. I just assumed Lucasarts would hire a new team to continue the 1st teams work, anyway that was the press release I was refering too. But even so I doubt LucasArts would let that project go unfinished

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

There already is a racing mini-game.

But in Gizka racing, you don't race them yourself (i wonder how that would work anyway), everything is based on stats + current condition, like injuries, morale and so on. In order to add some replayability, there should be a 'dark-horse'-variable in the equation, making some races more unpredictable.

It's almost like championship manager, but with Gizkas :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

... and seeing as Obsidian went on the KotOR I forums to get ideas for features to have in KotOR II ...

Yes, the really stupid ones ... if anything this game just proves people sugestions tend to be rather idiotic pointless things that add nothing at best and screw up the game at worst.

I hope that finaly sink in on someone people working at OE, I expected FAR more from former BIS staff ... this game looks like is a god damn mod made by mushkins with no sense of the Stars Wars universe.

Even though I agree that from what I heard of TSL it seems to "strain" the Star Wars Universes limits, I wish you would just out right say my ideas are lousy instead of having me read a entire reply post that says basically the same thing

Edited for content

Why do you doubt?

After all were is Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 ... both LucasArts games cancelled during production stage.

Let me guess ... SW:KotOR is magical and pink vorpal bunnies of doom make sure the game is completed ...

drakron.png

I have no sense of humor when it comes to gizka so I must ask "Is this a joke or do you really want to see gizka racing?"

Edited for content

Why do you doubt?

After all were is Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 ... both LucasArts games cancelled during production stage.

Let me guess ... SW:KotOR is magical and pink vorpal bunnies of doom make sure the game is completed ...

Remember that any of those people behind Lucasarts' great adventure games of the '90's are there anymore, they moved on and founded new companies on their own.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Anyway I will go from most important to least important suggestions in my list.

1. KotOR III needs a new engine....KotOR II was lucky most sequal games that use the same engine as the last game dont do so well so I wouldn't press my luck and try to use the same engine for the 3rd game.

3. Multiplayer....this is a highly controversial subject.  I personally would like to see KotOR III have multiplayer because RPGs can be lots of fun online with these types of games like Diablo II or Dungeon Siege.  Not to mention if they do make a new engine then now is the time to do it!  However if Lucasarts really doesn't want any competition with Star Wars Galaxies and cares about the money more than they do about the fan then there is nothing I can except hope someone makes a KotOR Online Mod like they did with Vice City.

4. Different Animations for the different lightsaber forms....should have been in KotOR II but because it was on a time constraint I'll let it slide.

5. Simultaneous release of PC and XBOX (or XBOX 2 or any other console) versions.... Still quite pissed that this promised feature for KotOR II never came to be....and yes now I must call it a feature!!!  Should have actually put this at #1 on this list but I will hope third times the charm.

6. Enhanced combat system and/or new combat system....KotOR combat system is awesome but I want to see it taken to a whole new level like perhaps seeing multienemy and/or multially fighting animations(preferably multinemy).  Also I am a realism freak so making it as realistic (to the movies) as possible would also be nice.

7. soft of a given but more feats and powers is always nice though you dont need nearly as many as KotOR II added....however I have yet to see a telekinesis force power that allows you to throw objects at people.

1.Yes, it needs a new engine.

2. Custom hilts would be cool and all, but would be nothing more than eye candy.

3. Multiplayer? Well, it might be kinda of a cool idea. Me and my brother always argue over whose character is stronger, or light vs dark, whatever. I'd be very eager to show him that the Light is better.

4. The forms need animations of their own. I was dissapointed when they stayed the exact same as your normal stance.

5. Meh, I couldn't really care once in hell. But if it were to stop posts like "OMFG I NEED KOTOR2 ON MY PC NOW!!!!111oneeleven", then same release dates would be good.

6. There should have been some animations, or at least a feat that lets your fight two enemies at once. Man, there have been so many times that I was back jumped by a couple of Sith Assassins, and I had to fight one at a time.

7. I don't think there is really a need for more feats, since there are alot as it is. But using the Force to throw objects at people, like Vader did, would be very cool.

Why do you doubt?

No......I doubt because KotOR I made alot of money....KotOR II will probably make about as much and thus there is no reason not to make a KotOR III. with any Company or business it is always about the money in the end + I heard

Kotor II had a hanging ending that leaves room for a third

Edited for content

Even though I agree that from what I heard of TSL it seems to "strain" the Star Wars Universes limits, I wish you would just out right say my ideas are lousy instead of having me read a entire reply post that says basically the same thing

Its more "stain" ... I cannot even think over "Force Vacum Cleaners" without think how that go pass someone checking for Star Wars intregity.

And I seen worst that your sugestions (we all agree the engine is crap at this stage) with one that keeps pooping up from time to time is the one about how we continue to play the same character we played on the previous game.

That always make me thing "there is no inteligent life on Earth" ....

drakron.png

I have no sense of humor when it comes to gizka so I must ask "Is this a joke or do you really want to see gizka racing?"

It's a joke.

But i wouldn't mind if it was implemented though.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

It's a joke.

But i wouldn't mind if it was implemented though.

Ok, now I can laugh without hurting anyones feelings.

Edited for content

Its more "stain" ... I cannot even think over "Force Vacum Cleaners" without think how that go pass someone checking for Star Wars intregity.

And I seen worst that your sugestions (we all agree the engine is crap at this stage) with one that keeps pooping up from time to time is the one about how we continue to play the same character we played on the previous game.

That always make me thing "there is no inteligent life on Earth" ....

Just remember you insult yourself, your family, your friends, and everyone else when you say that.

Edited for content

No......I doubt because KotOR I made alot of money....KotOR II will probably make about as much and thus there is no reason not to make a KotOR III.

KotOR II make out in a piggy ride of 3 things ... Star Wars name, KotOR success and the Xmas release.

KotOR III have to live with the fact its a sequel to KotORII were they already decided what SW:KOtOR III story is all about and we are not getting sales figures at this stage, I ca say its one less sale that KotOR since I have no intention of being subject to that kind of plot, I have some taste when it comes to plot and universe intregity and I have FF X-2 to prove that I am right when it comes to have a decision if a game is good or not.

drakron.png