Why are you here?

MortalHarmony

I'm here because this gives me something to read while building the game.  ;)

Should read:

I'm here because this gives me something to read instead of building the game.

:angry:

;)

I'm here because I don't really have anything better to do until Rome: Total War gets its big fat patch mid-Jan. :)

But once it does, it will pwnz3r me.

EDIT: Decided to do the checklist

Why are you here?

Already answered.

What sort of NWN user are you?

A player?

Erm. No, I just use the CD as a frisbee :o .

A Builder?

No.

A developer of custom content?

No.

Do you play online?

No.

Do you play in PWs?

No.

Would you class yourself as a roleplayer or powergamer (though I don't expect many to admit to the latter)?

The RPG plays a large factor in dictating how I play. Example: I'll tend to roleplay more than usual in PS:T whereas Morrowind is more about teh powahz. I like gaining new abilities and whatnot, but I won't play a game just so I can get one level higher (Sacred comes to mind, *barfs*)

What is your background in RPGs.

I think 1st RPG was Final Fantasy 2 on SNES. I think Baldur's Gate was my first PC RPG, though I can't remember for sure.

Why are you following NWN2's development, rather than Dragon Age (unless you are following both)?

Following both, don't know which will be better than the other, not cheering for one group over the other. Hope they will both be good, will prob get both barring a major screw up in a game's design.

Act 3:1 is a key turning point in the play, because in this

scene the whole mood of the play takes a turn for the worse. Mercutio, a witty friend of the Montagues is slain by Tybalt, a violent Capulet, who wants to kill Romeo for secretly attending the party of the Montagues rival house, the Capulets. What Tybalt doesn

I'm an 'old school' RPG'er, starting with D&D, then AD&D Core Rules 1 and 2. Even now, I game bi-weekly pen and paper style. I've done most of the Computer RPG's that adhere to Core Rules (Gold box through NWN) as well as the classic Ultima series.

I'm on the board because NWN is the best of the genre I've played, both in the single player and I greatly enjoy the online multi-player as well with it's entirely different feel.

I'm greatly interested in seeing the development of NWN2 and I'm here to offer my support, interest and ideas to the development team, perhaps eventually into beta testing, something I've done personally and professionaly for Microsoft games and applications.

"consistantly in the top 10 in multiplayer"

NWN is cosntantly in the top 10 MP games not counting full fledge MMORPGS. In fact, it's usually in the top 5 (5th normall; as high as 4 as the top 3 are well beyond reach). Those people who think it's not a success that way would also be wrong.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've been playing NWN off & on since it was released. I actually really enjoyed the OC and both expansions.

Though you people are swaying me into MP a bit :D

I've never done any modding, but I've been playing P&P since I was 12, starting with AD&D 2nd Ed.

Since I started this, I should probably explain why I'm here.

I guess it all began with a little game called BG2. Chapter 2 of that game must have been the most fun I have ever had playing a video game. A whole country was opened up for me to explore, but unlike in say Morrowind, it was all quality. and so immersive. I fell in love fith the Forgotten Realms, got into all the other IE games, as well as NWN, just looking for something to match the high I got from that game. PST came very close; that was an awesome game.

I guess my expectations for NWN were a bit too high. The campaign felt like a big step back from BG2. It wasn't a world, just a bunch of areas witch all looked the same, and everything was generic.

I mod because I have yet to find any really good mods. They're all so unpolished that you can never get very immersed. I don't like custom worlds either.

That's why I took it upon myself to try and bring as large a part of the realms to life as possible. It took me a while to get round the scripting and limitations of the toolset. Now I make the NWS modules (which have proven very popular).

So what I want from NWN2 is this.

- A good campaign. it doesn't have to be huge, but it should be a bit less linear, and it should feel like I am exploring the forgotten realms rather than moving through a bunch of areas.

- A good toolset that will allow me to build varied FR adventures as easily as possible.

I'm here because I liked NWN1, but thought it had a few ... lacking areas that need to be improved. My main interests in the second game just as for the first was PW development and play. I like playing on pws, and I like building them more than just about anything else. I spent many hundreds of hours doing this, and I would love to have more tools to do it with and do it better :rolleyes:

I like good SP mods as well, so I hope for a good campaign and all that but it's not what draws me to want to comment and pay attention to these forums.