What I gathered from the game

Finished the game with a LS Jedi Guardian/Weaponsmaster, with Revan being a LS Male.

It was a pretty enjoyable game, with a cryptic ending that led to far more new questions that answers. One of the only good things is that is it left wide open for a third.

The Sith Lords

I also found them ridiculously easy, however I thought on this some more and realized why this was.

Darth Nihilis was expected to be the difficult, highest ranking master, that devouvered planets, and fed on force sensitives. Yet, he was taken down in about 3 hits. The reason for this was that Nihilis was weak, the attack on Telos was an act of desperation, that he was manipulated into doing by Kreia. He hadn't fed since Visas' home planet. And trying to feed on the Exile probably weakened him more.

Darth Sion was slightly harder, considering the fact that he couldn't be killed. He seemed to love and despise Kreia at the same time. And also appeared to be jealous of the Exile, because of her relationship with him.

Overall I was happier with the Sith this time around, although underdeveloped they were less moustache-twirling, cartoonish villains, and more serious.

The Exile

The Exile had cut himself off from the Force after Malachor V, and managed to live. This should not have happened, and the Force did not anticipate this. Kreia said that inside Revan she saw the soul of the Force, and in you she saw the death of the force. You carried the the deaths of everyone on Malachor V inside yourself.

According to the Jedi Masters, you hadn't re-established your connection to the Force, but were feeding off others around you. This is why the council tried to strip you of that power. They truly feared you and what would happen if you continued your path. Also according to them, what you did at Malachor created Sion, Nihilus, and Traya.

Kreia/Darth Traya

The most complex and developed character in the game. She controlled and manipulated every situation in the game. From the Peragus Station to Malachor. She needed you because she wanted to destroy the Force. She used you to gather and kill the remaining Jedi Masters, and to kill the Sith Lords. I still don't understand why, because without the Force, there is no life., and yet she wanted you to live. Her reason was because it had a Will.

The Ending

Complex and open-ended. Perhaps it was left too open, with very little closure. I was hoping to see some trace of Revan. Seeing Carth and Bastila was nice. Also MIA was Jolee, Juhani, Zaalbar, and Mission. I don't understand how the Ebon Hawk, which took hard hits crash landing, and then falling into a pit, came to your rescue. Talking to Kreia gave me my party's future and the planets' future. Apparently, Revan went past the Outer Rim to fight the true Enemy, the "Real Sith" which is kind of lame, but I'll take it. Revan went to the DS because he wanted to prepare the Galaxy for what was appoaching. And myself and the remaining party members left to Go after Revan, which was the option I chose.

The Exile had cut himself off from the Force after Malachor V

no he didnt do it to him self perpusfully.(acording to the game)

i dont buy that i think that the jedi cancle cut him from the force becuase of there anti-war positions.

You may very well be right, but when I wrote that the Exile had cut himself off from the Force, I meant that he did it inadvertently because of what s/he saw and what the results of their actions were.

Very Nice, of all th e spoilers I have read this is probably the most organized and really helps you understand what went on throughout the game. Kudos

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

It was the death of so many Jedi that made the Exile lose his/her connection to the Force.

The Exile created a wound in the Force that he/she then carried around, and yes, like Nihilus, the Exile feeds off of others for power, Light or Dark. Like Nihilus would corrupt everyone around him, so would the Exile, but perhaps with a weaker effect.

And yes, the whole Malachor "incident" spawned Sion, Nihilus, and Kreia, but I think it is only Nihilus that was actually spawned literally. Today when talking to Colonel Tobin, Visas said to me: "My master is of Malachor" (not exact quote)

So, I'm thinking Sion perhaps fought in the wars (he refers to Revan as Lord Revan all the time) under Revan, and was there at Malachor, and almost died. He learned Pain from the Trayus Academy.

Kreia learned Betrayal, but she was not at Malachor. She had been Revan's master, and Revan may very well have been the reason she sought to find the Trayus Academy.

And something not so hard to figure out; Nihilus learned Hunger.

These three things the three Sith Lords learned said in a Loading Screen, so I'm not making this up.

The Exile had cut himself off from the Force after Malachor V

no he didnt do it to him self perpusfully.(acording to the game)

i dont buy that i think that the jedi cancle cut him from the force becuase of there anti-war positions.

You may very well be right, but when I wrote that the Exile had cut himself off from the Force, I meant that he did it inadvertently because of what s/he saw and what the results of their actions were.

hehe, well thats what the council says to you, but at start of the game speaking to Kreai she says they did cut you off from the force. And while shes manipulative through out the game, shes also far more honest and forth coming then the Jedi Masters were or are in the game.

I agree with other poster, Based on the dialoge and actions in game I think they did cut the exile off regardless of their claims.

I really wasnt to impressed with the Jedi Counsil to be honest, they came across as everything they are not suppose to be.

Atris was evil: you knew this from the first time you met her even if the game made your conversation choices sound like you didnt know.

Zar was a coward: He was on Nar Shadar hiding outta fear. No other way to put it.

Vrook was well on his way to being a Sith Lord: He had embrassed (and drew power from) his rage, envy, jealousy, and arrogence/conceit. He loved to manipulate things from behind the sceens to advance his own personal agenda's. He did this all under the "appearence" of doing good, but his words and attitude did not back up his actions.

Kavarr was probably the closest thing to a real Jedi: He was counciling the queen but even he had embrassed the dark side for he was useing the Queen to expose his enemy at the risk of her rule and empire. In other words he used those around him as pawns caring little for the overall effect of his actions.

The most telling point tho about all of them was when someone appeared that could fight the sith and win (something none of them had been able to do), rather then join togather to remove the danger, they tried to remove the person that could accomplish what they had failed at and endangered their reputations and status. Pure envy and jealousy.

Kreia learned Betrayal, but she was not at Malachor. She had been Revan's master, and Revan may very well have been the reason she sought to find the Trayus Academy.

Kreia was at Malachor, at least according to Master Vrook. When he saw Kreia at Dantooine, he replied "I thought you died at Malachor."

The last people to die at Malachor V were at the final battle, up to that point.

The Exile forms bonds with people (like Bastilla and Revan) and when they feel pain he feels it as well. During the war when so many Jedi that he formed strong bonds with were dieing he felt the pain (like in the beginning when Kreia has her hand cut off) so he cut himself off from the force (yes he did it to himself, atleast thats what I got from it). That is why Kreia likes The Exile so much, she hates the force and she loves his ability to 'kill' it...

The Exile forms bonds with people (like Bastilla and Revan)  and when they feel pain he feels it as well.  During the war when so many Jedi that he formed strong bonds with were dieing he felt the pain (like in the beginning when Kreia has her hand cut off)  so he cut himself off from the force (yes he did it to himself, atleast thats what I got from it).  That is why Kreia likes The Exile so much, she hates the force and she loves his ability to 'kill' it...

that was my take on it as well. :)

In the LS game, during the final confrontation between the Jedi Masters and Kreia on Dantooine, Kreia tells the Masters she is going to show them what it's like to see the world through the Exile's eyes (or words to that effect) and zaps them. They fall down, deader than dead. Kreia then kneels next to the unconscious Exile and says something to the effect that she understands what happened now: "It was because you were afraid."

I found this dialogue to be rather cryptic. At first, I thought she was referring to the Jedi Masters being afraid of the Exile (which of course they were). When I replayed that scene again, it seems pretty clear Kreia meant that the Exile was afraid. My feeling was that she meant the Exile was afraid to form any more bonds with anyone because Malachor caused her so much pain; hence her 10 year self-imposed (at least according to some of the dialogue) exile.

So, is Kreia saying that the Exile cut herself off from the Force because of that fear? But it seems that being cut off from the Force kills Jedi -- UNLESS the Exile had no Force abilities of her own to begin with -- she was only able to tap into the Force abilities of others from the very beginning. So, instead of cutting herself off from the Force, she only cut herself off from Force users, which would be really lonely, but wouldn't kill her. Wouldn't this also mean that Malachor V didn't cause her "Force-vampirism"?

What do you guys think?

In the LS game, during the final confrontation between the Jedi Masters and Kreia on Dantooine,  Kreia tells the Masters she is going to show them what it's like to see the world through the Exile's eyes (or words to that effect) and zaps them.  They fall down, deader than dead.  Kreia then kneels next to the unconscious Exile and says something to the effect that she understands what happened now:  "It was because you were afraid." 

I found this dialogue to be rather cryptic.  At first, I thought she was referring to the Jedi Masters being afraid of the Exile (which of course they were).  When I replayed that scene again, it seems pretty clear Kreia meant that the Exile was afraid.  My feeling was that she meant the Exile was afraid to form any more bonds with anyone because Malachor caused her so much pain; hence her 10 year self-imposed (at least according to some of the dialogue) exile. 

So, is Kreia saying that the Exile cut herself off from the Force because of that fear?  But it seems that being cut off from the Force kills Jedi -- UNLESS the Exile had no Force abilities of her own to begin with -- she was only able to tap into the Force abilities of others from the very beginning.  So, instead of cutting herself off from the Force, she only cut herself off from Force users, which would be really lonely, but wouldn't kill her. Wouldn't this also mean that Malachor V didn't cause her "Force-vampirism"? 

What do you guys think?

Aye, I think Kreia is saying the Exile cut himself off because of all the deaths he caused at Malacor. He was scared to be veiwed as a leader again so to speak.

Thats the best I could figure out tho and have replayed game like 6 times now.

I think Malacor V opened his eyes to the horrors of the universe. So while not causing the effect it was the main catalyst to his choice after that.

In the LS game, during the final confrontation between the Jedi Masters and Kreia on Dantooine,  Kreia tells the Masters she is going to show them what it's like to see the world through the Exile's eyes (or words to that effect) and zaps them.  They fall down, deader than dead.  Kreia then kneels next to the unconscious Exile and says something to the effect that she understands what happened now:  "It was because you were afraid." 

I found this dialogue to be rather cryptic.  At first, I thought she was referring to the Jedi Masters being afraid of the Exile (which of course they were).  When I replayed that scene again, it seems pretty clear Kreia meant that the Exile was afraid.  My feeling was that she meant the Exile was afraid to form any more bonds with anyone because Malachor caused her so much pain; hence her 10 year self-imposed (at least according to some of the dialogue) exile. 

Like I wrote in mmy thoughts on the exile, I think the "bonds" issue was a misinterpretation by people who had little understanding of the bonds in the first place. It's clear to me that the exile and Kreia had a bond, as Revan and Bastilla did. It's likely that the Exile too had a bond with Visas and possibly Bao Dur. But Mira? The Disciple/Handmaiden? Atton? Canderous?

I think there's confusion between charisma & the simple ability of being a leader which the exile clearly has, and this "bonding" problem the Exile purportedly has.

And Malachor V could not have turned Malak & Revan to the Dark side. They went back to Dantooine and opened the first Starmap. Up until that point, the possibility existed that they would/could return.

So, is Kreia saying that the Exile cut herself off from the Force because of that fear?  But it seems that being cut off from the Force kills Jedi -- UNLESS the Exile had no Force abilities of her own to begin with -- she was only able to tap into the Force abilities of others from the very beginning.  So, instead of cutting herself off from the Force, she only cut herself off from Force users, which would be really lonely, but wouldn't kill her. Wouldn't this also mean that Malachor V didn't cause her "Force-vampirism"? 

What do you guys think?

I think to believe this means that the Jedi Council were right, and that the exile was indeed a wound in the force who needed to be cut off or destroyed or whatever. I just have a hard time agreeing with that. I agree with the other poster who pointed out the dark side deeds of the Jedi Council members.

1 of the big issues between Jedi & Sith is whether to serve the Force, or to use it as a tool. The exile, in turning off/away from the force, appears to validate the Sith ideal of using the force as a tool instead of allowing it to dominate your destiny. Perhaps this, among other events, was the greatest flaw within the Jedi teachings that allowed, enabled or caused so many Jedi to fall.