Stop the senseless violence against female villain

Kaftan Barlast

With X-Men and X2, you need to consider that the director (Bryan Singer) is openly gay.  I don't think he has sexual fantasies about women that are coming into play with Deathstrike's death scene.

Not everything is about sex.  People enjoy elaborate death scenes in movies, regardless of gender.

The fact that some people are interpreting elaborate death scenes as being sexually motivated somewhat disturbs me.

And while defending Deathstrike, I think you're leaving out that she ruthlessly attacked other people in the movie, far prior to Wolverine assaulting her.  She may have been mind-controlled, but she was a dangerous weapon none-the-less.

And X-Men isn't a stupid comic, nor a stupid movie.  There is social commentary about being "different".  Didn't anyone notice Iceman's "coming-out" scene?

I thought the visual effects at the end of that scene were nice as well. The Adamantium that came out of the corner of her eye looked like a tear. >_<

On second thought, they weren't nice, but...appropriate.

They were crappily done and detrimetary to miss Hu's career since being filled with adamantium is a death that makes it difficult for her to be revived for Xmen 3

besides the obviously sexual metaphor. in the japanese S.E, all the male xmen run in, grabs a adamantium-hose each and take turns at soaking her entire body in "adamantium"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

yes. but AFTER being impaled on a statue.. it was still Jackies fault.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good, evil.. its all just a matter of opinion, isnt it? You cant just go kill someone because you dont agree with their point of view, can you?

Mr Do-goodie "No if you go darkside Ill have to put up a pathetic but symbolic fight to show my disproval" Bindo? Neg.

...obvious sexual assault metaphor of penetrating her with a phallic object and filling her up with somekind of deadly metallic seemen...

So what, It's a movie, a bad one at that....

Besides penetrating women is fun.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Wow. At first I thought you were just being sarcastic out of nowhere for the sheer irony of claiming that the showdown between Yuriko and Logan was some bizarre sexual fantasy. After reading your replies I realize that you're serious.

Did you just finish reading Freud? The notion that all human behavior is ultimately sexually motivated has been heavily discredited. Any analogy between stabbing weapons and sexual penetration is purely coincidental. Just because there is an act that resembles (in some extremely far-fetched way, I might add) some portion of sexual intercourse does not mean that it is related to it. One who looks for connections between coincidences can always find them, because one can always limit what one wants to believe in order to make their connections look true. This does not make the connections true!

Not to mention the fact that Yuriko repeatedly "penetrates" Logan with her "phallic objects" to kill him.

The fight was inevitable- how trite and insulting would it be if Wolverine tried to talk some sense into Deathstrike? How stupid do we think our audience is? Try to "talk her out of it" just to appease the oversensitive and misguided sensibilities of some self-hating sector of the public? Are you nuts? How spineless do you want to world to become?

Logan can be seen as anything but woman-hating. He has a strong friendship with Rogue, and obviously has feelings for Jean Grey; he respects her as well. Clearly after reviewing the scene, Logan is driven to the conflict with Yuriko. Their gender is meaningless in this case, except fot the fact that it allows to author a way to create combat between two of equal powers without seeming uncreative.

As for the adamantium-filling, it seems the only way to decisively kill one of the two characters within the context of the scene- otherwise they both would have survived.

Your contempt for men is as bad as you make out men's contempt of women to be.

Blatant misogyny? There are areas where your energies could be focused, but not here. Try your local church. Your crying wolf is only going to make your goal of equality harder to obtain.

well written point... i think i agree.

the concept is stretched, btw, to include builders of skyscrapers. i.e. it's some phallic contest of "bigger is better." the fact that building up rather than out makes more economic sense is largely ignored.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

After reading your replies I realize that you're serious.

in the japanese S.E, all the male xmen run in, grabs a adamantium-hose each and take turns at soaking her entire body in "adamantium"

..no, not really no. (and I arent no darn missus either)

Totally unrelated to the rest of this trainwreck of a thread, I'm just curious about how she actually fights with those claws - does she try to slash or pierce or what? Does anyone ever try to just snap them backwards? 'cause they look like overlong press-on nails that'd break at the least bit of resistance.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I thought a bit about that myself actually but I think they just glue to attach the prosthetics to both the surface of the nails aswell as around the fingertip, then they used makeup and silver-colored nailpolish to cover it up.

Hugh Jackmans claws were CGI for the tricky scenes but the "live" ones had a grip resting in his palm.

the claws are alledgedly made out of the strongest material known to man they are not fragile but unbreakable and deathstryke was a ruthless individual who was in no mood to talk nice why not ask why wolverine didn't try to convert sabertooth or mystique in thier fights any wasted time would cost yo uin battle you just have no choice but to fight

I now realise that I should never have left the safety of the Kotor 2 section.

I have merely one question to the author of this thread: Why?

Why should we stop the senseless violence against female villains? Because you won't buy the Xmen 2 DVD, or perhaps because you won't go to Xmen 3?

I do not understand why movies and other forms of art should be censored for content because someone believes it is related to 'sex'.

When I watched Xmen 2, I was bothered by a lot of things, not in the least to say that I did not believe the actor playing Logan was convincing as Wolverine, and several other faults of picking the wrong guy for the job (except of course Patrick Steward and Sir Ian McKellen), but not at all by this combat.

Although I have no illusion that this movie was aimed at me as an audience, I do not feel you are part, nor want to be part of that mainstream audience.

I very much applaud the reply of anari_quun, whom you, in my eyes, almost completely ignored. As he so very well states some of the issues the world sees today that are so much more important for people to stand for.

Oh, and on the issue of sex, although I do not believe myself to be an expert on the matter, I don't recall ever seeing sperm coming out of a woman's eye, let alone forming a tear.

Mr U

the reply of anari_quun, whom you, in my eyes, almost completely ignored.

Well, both his and your problem is that you take this way to seriously. I have an odd sense of humor that may be difficult to fully comprehend, usually I tend to get as close as possible to being completely serious while still retaining full comedy. There may be some odd bits of material in here that could form the basis of a serious argument but that was for comedic effect

The only real true thing I have to say is that i think its sad when they kill off beautiful actresses and keep the lame protagonistic ones.