Things that made me really smile

1. I played LS female. I liked Carth's confession about how Revan had left 4 years ago, and how he wanted to let her know he was waiting for her. This seemed to me very human, and actually very real -- exactly what would happen if a Revan like character realized there was some greater evil to confront.

I'm curious to see how this pans out in KOTOR 3.

2. I actually found the character of Mira to be an interesting twist on the whole Mission Vao thing from KOTOR 1. The characters had things in common, but Mira was a much more tortured person. Her conversion to the Jedi seemed to be all the more meaningful.

3. I liked the interactions between the Remote and GOTO.

4. I liked learning that Mandalore was Canderous, and that he was following Revan's orders, but didn't really want anyone to know that he was following Revan's orders.

5. I loved the icey Telos world and wish we could have seen more.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add to this topic the stuff that made me laugh (or at least crack a grin). Can't remember the exact quotes, but the gist of it should be clear :p .

Conversations with Atton:

1. Talking about Revan and he casually mentions that Revan's a she.
    [Me]"How long were you in that cage? Revan's a man, not a woman!" :huh:
    [Atton]"Really? Maybe I was just hoping Revan was a woman ..."
    [Real Me]<HoooKayyyy ... you just got black-listed, dude> :ph34r:
  2. He redeemed himself with the "Mr. Sleeps with Vibroblades" comment. :rolleyes:
  3. He earned my good favour with that Echani Fighting Stance gag "Oh that. You wouldn't believe how many fights you can avoid by pretending you know that stuff." :p
  4. [Me]So can you teach me to shield my mind?
    [Atton]No, I can only teach you how to play Pazaak.
    [Me]Alright then, can you teach me how to play Pazaak?
    [Atton]Right ... <goes into indepth explanation about the benefits of focus and such to avoid Jedi Mind Reading> :p

Mandalore:

1. As soon as I saw Mandalore and heard his voice, I was thinking, "Dude, you don't know how lucky you are being who you are, right now. If you were any other man behind that mask, I would have shoved my 'sabers through you and then levelled the place."
  2. As Darth Nuke above, with Mandalore making his Entrance on the "Ravager".
  3. Later on in the Ravager:
    [Mandalorian]"Forgive me Mandalore, I have failed you."
    [Mandalore]"Nevermind that, just be ready to detonate the charges. And don't you dare kill yourself until I give you the order to do so!" :)

Handmaiden:

1. [Handmaiden]I don't trust Atton.
    [Me]At cards?
    [Atton in the background]Whaddya mean Pazaak! Again?
    [T3-M4 in background]Nonsensical beeping and whistling.
    [Handmaiden]That too!
    [Me]This is gonna be a real short trip ... :lol:
  2. [Visas Mar]I agree with Handmaiden ...
    [Handmaiden]I don't need your support. Your words only undermine my arguments. :lol:

HK-47:

1. [HK-47]If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster, I will kill them myself! :lol:
  2. His reaction and subsequent rant and rave on discovering there are a bunch of "cheap knockoffs" of himself running around. :lol:

G0-T0:

1. Explaining why he uses his current exterior, since his previous one couldn't inspire a satisfactory level of terror in others.
  2. [G0-T0]You have no idea how frustrating it is with the Jedi and Sith ... both of them hiding from each other ... like playing khadrez(sp?), but the pieces are invisible to the players ... it's not a fair game, not an equitable game. :lol:

Mira:

[Mira]For a minute I thought you and Handmaiden ...

[Me]It's that kind of glow. (Bigtime :lol: )

Meeting Darth Revan:

[Me]"The Great Revan. There's a lot of people who are looking for you." <YEAH DAMMIT! I'm one of them!! But hey, I'll take what I can get for now :lol: >

Finding various clues and hints concerning Revan, as well as background filler on Darth Revan, finally culminating in a face-to-face meeting with Carth and Bastilla after the destruction of the Ravager.

[Carth]If you find Revan, tell him that Admiral Onassi is still following his orders. Tell him I'll make the Republic strong.

[Me]<Dammit, why can't I take these guys with me?!>

There's A LOT more, but those are the one's I could remember from the top of my head. I have to admit, I really enjoyed KotOR2. From the general tone of this forum, it seems I'm one of the minority though. Almost feels like I was playing a totally different game from the others, or maybe it's just the reasons and the approach I had for playing it. I was tearing apart the Galaxy looking for Revan (Kreia and the Sithlords be damned!), but I never got closure on the Big Mystery of Revan. I am looking forward to finding out about him in KotOR3, or possibly KotOR2:expansion (closing eyes tightly and crossing fingers).

I get the feeling that the next KotOR will more likely be an expansion pack, rather than a full blown sequel. But I also get the impression that KotOR3 will be following soon after. There are too many loose ends, actually there's only one for me, and that's finding Revan.

They say the Exile went alone, but I'm desperately hoping they'll give us the opportunity in the sequel/expansion to round up the old crew (getting HK and Canderous was cool, but I want them all back, it'll be that much more sweeter when/if(?) I finally meet him with his old crew in tow. I'd like to bring along the 'new gang' as well, just to show Revan the people that made it possible to bring together the old crew.

[Edit: correcting a reference to another Forum Member]

What would be *really* smart is if through dialogue at the beginning, you can pick who your previous companions were (maybe just 2 out of the original bunch to tag along with you). Depending on your conversations, you'll meet up with them later on :p! (However, this'll create HUGE possibilities in which direction the game can go and is probably impossible :rolleyes:).

HK mocking Carth and Bastila from KoTOR 1.

HK's definition of love.

HK calling G0T0 "fat one"

T3 electrocuting HK

T3 playing me the Bastila hologram

Kreia/Traya getting busted by Sion and Nihilus

Kreia being kind enough to answer questions before she dies.

1. I played LS female. I liked Carth's confession about how Revan had left 4 years ago, and how he wanted to let her know he was waiting for her. This seemed to me very human, and actually very real -- exactly what would happen if a Revan like character realized there was some greater evil to confront.

I'm curious to see how this pans out in KOTOR 3.

I still have yet to get to that part (also playing as LS female), but I was naughty and located the sounds clips and listened to them. All I can say is that listening to those made me love Carth all over again. His voice actor is also so damn good, too... he's so touching and emotional saying those lines that you'd swear it was real or something.

I know a lot of folks didn't like Carth because he was "whiney", but I liked that he was so passionate about stuff and had his own opinions.

It'd be a real tough choice choosing between Carth and Atton though... although I'd probably pick Carth since the whole "I killed her because I loved her" thing weirded me out from Atton. I still don't understand how someone would do that when they "loved someone enough to die for them." >_> I mean, he obviously loves the Exile that much as well... so why doesn't he try to kill her at some point? lol...

I'd also be curious to see if everything's tied together in KoTOR3. If they could somehow manage to wrap up both games' dangling threads, then I would be so pleased. :rolleyes: Plus I'd be rooting for a Carth/Revan reunion.

HK mocking Carth and Bastila from KoTOR 1.

Oh yeah! That was hilarious! :rolleyes:

HK's definition of love.

HK calling G0T0 "fat one"

That was a good moment as well. :p

T3 electrocuting HK

T3 playing me the Bastila hologram

This one glitched on me, since the Bastilla hologram wouldn't go away. It got even stranger when she started attacking Visas Mar when she was attacking the Exile in the Ebon Hawk.

Kreia/Traya getting busted by Sion and Nihilus

Kreia being kind enough to answer questions before she dies.

That whole Peragus thing and the HK-50 bit was kind of funny too. Sadistic humour :D .

I'd also be curious to see if everything's tied together in KoTOR3.  If they could somehow manage to wrap up both games' dangling threads, then I would be so pleased.  :rolleyes:  Plus I'd be rooting for a Carth/Revan reunion.

I'm still hoping to find Mission so I can train her to be a Jedi. Although, as ladymurasaki observed, there's more than a passing resemblance (attitude/personality/character-wise) between Mission and Mira.

And although Carth's seemingly constant "whining" tested my nerves, I still have to admit to being proud to meet him near the end (he made Admiral, that's just too cool! :p ).

The "fat-one" comment cracked me up..

And also what HK says when I tell him to stop asking me if anyone needs to be killed

"A quick death.A little one."

"I beg you" - HK-47

THAT character is unchanged and pray to God to see him in KoToR3 ...the very reason I play this game(figuratively speaking)

EDIT:Mandalore is cool BUT...as soon as I heard his voice even modded(by the mask of course :) ) I just knew what clan has the honor of having Mandalore...THAT voice can`t be forgotten :)

Oh...did I missed HK-47`s voice?? THAT flowing irony is simply ADORABLE!!!

So let me tell you about HK-47..... ;):p

I loved being able to talk to Carth too and how he's still waiting for my girl revan to come back to him. I hope that happens because he's had some rough luck with women. 4 years after his wife dies he meets Revan and falls in love with her and then she goes to save the galaxy and he's waiting another 4 years. Patient man. I love him. :p

I also just liked Atton's whole attitude. And when you have him with you when you get the disciple (female char.) it's funny. If you have mira and atton when you meet him he says something sarcastically funny about throwing a party on the Ebon Hawk.

Two things that really made me smile just happened while playing through yesterday.

On Nar Shaddaa:

1. My female Sith Marauder in a Twi'lek dancing girl costume. Too bad it isn't upgradable! :wub:

2. When the three bounty hunters approach the Ebon Hawk. All of the NPCs are standing out there to greet them. (your PC is off solo trying to get to the Exchange). After some back and forth between Atton and the lead bounty hunter:

Atton: So, which one do you want?

Bao Dur: I'll take the stupid one. The one who had a chance to just shoot us, but chose to tell us about it first. (or something like that).

The line about "Not charging up her cargo ramp". I almost spat my drink out in disbelief.

The mouthy merc on Dantooine that you can force pursude to give you his creds,his weapon and never speak to you again.

HK with pacifier installed and his views on love.

And the bit where HK is giving his views on his former companions.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

This one glitched on me, since the Bastilla hologram wouldn't go away. It got even stranger when she started attacking Visas Mar when she was attacking the Exile in the Ebon Hawk.

Whoa! :o Now that is something I'd LOVE to see. This game is crazy. The Handmaiden, Visas and Mira are in love with you. Now so is the Bastila hologram? Hilarious :lol: Those Obsidian guys are nutcases! :p

Two things that really made me smile just happened while playing through yesterday. 

On Nar Shaddaa:

1. My female Sith Marauder in a Twi'lek dancing girl costume.  Too bad it isn't upgradable!  :lol:

2. When the three bounty hunters approach the Ebon Hawk.  All of the NPCs are standing out there to greet them.  (your PC is off solo trying to get to the Exchange).  After some back and forth between Atton and the lead bounty hunter:

Atton: So, which one do you want?

Bao Dur: I'll take the stupid one.  The one who had a chance to just shoot us, but chose to tell us about it first.  (or something like that).

Excellent choices gramps! I didn't know Bao Dur had a sense of humor until that scene!

And how can I forget the dancing girl outfit. The Handmaiden readily volunteered to wear it for me (and Vogga)! :p

Another Nar Shadda moment:

When you encounter a couple of thugs harassing a commoner on the refugee dock.

You force persuade them to give you their credits, then force persuade them to jump off the platform. "I-It will be m-much quicker getting to the bottom that way..." says one of the thugs. Then as you aproach the commoner, he says "I don't know what you just did to them, but I'm getting out of here!"

All in all, I like the humor in TSL much better than KOTOR. I want to thank the writers for some excellent moments, and overall better quality of dialog in general. Whoever wrote Atton's...thanks. He's got some of the funniest sarcastic moments I've yet found in a video game of any genre. But that's just my opinion...your mileage may vary.

Wow. I never got any of those dialogues. :lol:

My character, also a LSF, never even got to meet Carth Onasi because a bug just took her directly from the Ravenger through a bunch of blinking, half-done cutscenes, into Malachor V. I was so disappointed.

Also, from the time they became Jedi, none of my characters ever had a single, solitary new thing to say to me. Which, as it turns out, was most of the game. I was really disappointed in that as well.

Also, I never got enough influence over GoTo or HK47 to have them say anything beyond their initial dialogue. (Is there a menu someplace where you can see how much influence you have, or do you simply have to count the number of light-beams to hazard a guess?) Since I'll never play a DS'er, I guess I'll never hear 'em, either. *sigh*

Still, I can't help but wonder if the lack of new dialogues for the crew no matter what planet we'd just visited or what happened there could be some kind of bug.

Wow.  I never got any of those dialogues. :lol:

My character, also a LSF, never even got to meet Carth Onasi because a bug just took her directly from the Ravenger through a bunch of blinking, half-done cutscenes, into Malachor V.  I was so disappointed.

Also, from the time they became Jedi, none of my characters ever had a single, solitary new thing to say to me.  Which, as it turns out, was most of the game.  I was really disappointed in that as well.

Also, I never got enough influence over GoTo or HK47 to have them say anything beyond their initial dialogue.  (Is there a menu someplace where you can see how much influence you have, or do you simply have to count the number of light-beams to hazard a guess?)    Since I'll never play a DS'er, I guess I'll never hear 'em, either.  *sigh*

Still, I can't help but wonder if the lack of new dialogues for the crew no matter what planet we'd just visited or what happened there could be some kind of bug.

I just think that there is simply a lot more writing in this game that is specific to gender and class. If you aren't the right thing at the right time, you won't see certain dialog, ever. Since I am playing through DS this time, I plan to give it a go LS next time to take in all the options. Maybe grey the taime after that.

The line about "Not charging up her cargo ramp". I almost spat my drink out in disbelief.

That one got me pretty bad when I saw it. ;) But then, I figured Kreia was just being jealous by bringing it up.

The mouthy merc on Dantooine that you can force pursude to give you his creds,his weapon and never speak to you again.

HK with pacifier installed and his views on love.

And the bit where HK is giving his views on his former companions.

One other thing that I found funny was when Master Vrook goes on to teach you his secret technique, he prefaces by saying, "this is considered the pinacle of force abilities ... " (or something like that). I'm thinking, "You're only saying that because it's the only technique you know!" :lol::lol:

Meeting Darth Revan:

[Me]"The Great Revan. There's a lot of people who are looking for you." <YEAH DAMMIT! I'm one of them!! But hey, I'll take what I can get for now ;) >

You can meet Revan? I didn't know that! How is it done?

Not the real thing if that's what you're thinking. You meet Revan in the Shyrack caves, when you head into that tomb. Kreia instructs you there.

Meeting Darth Revan:

[Me]"The Great Revan. There's a lot of people who are looking for you." <YEAH DAMMIT! I'm one of them!! But hey, I'll take what I can get for now ;) >

You can meet Revan? I didn't know that! How is it done?

Not the real thing if that's what you're thinking. You meet Revan in the Shyrack caves, when you head into that tomb. Kreia instructs you there.

Oh, yea. I thought it was meant that Revan was met in the fleshy. Oh well :lol:

I enjoyed the line referencing Jolee and love. Something like:

Handmaiden: "But I thought Jedi weren't allowed to love."

Exile: "But some do anyways. We call it pulling a Bindo."

Great Stuff (yes, I know that quote is in my sig)

Really like the Bao-Dur "I'll take the stupid one" and the "marching up her loading ramp" lines.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile