KOTOR III

3 Suggestions for Kotor 3

3) A rapping mandalorian. Kids love rap. They also love mandalorians. This would be the ultimate party member and a marketing juggarnaut plus if he could have some sort of breakdancing fighting style that'd be totally 'Nam. I'm thinking Mos Def Fett. He could be from the streets of Alderaan, and for street cred. we'll say that he got shot with a blaster like 57 times and use to see spice just to get by. Suburbia will love him

:(

Shhhhh. Don't give them any ideas. But, I don't think it's dumbed down enough. o:)

The projected was cancelled and its not being worked on at this time.  It is of no good use to even bother talking about the game til that changes.

Canceled. Eh, I suppose one could view it that way. I'm not at all disagreeing with that, but how "they" worded it was more of:

"It is currently not being worked on at this time." ...as LucasArts made a few employee cut backs.

It all comes down to POV's. "It's currently not being worked on at this time" or in other words it has been postponed and will be worked on later. LOL :lol:

Thanks crazy joe :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Er, some of you have pointed out some problems with playing as Revan again as the main PC. Such as level deterioration, naming, etc.

I just thought I would add my two cents to the matter.

1) Swindeling down to level one again really shouldn't be much of an issue, IMHO.

Revan went off to fight the True Sith, and didn't take some of the more powerful assets to him/her because #1 S/he had feelings for them and didn't wish to see them hurt, or #2 Because Revan was the only one that truly knew War - or so according to Kreia and knows about the True Sith - or it could be a combination of both 1 and 2. Revan knew there would be dangers, and thus thought it best not to involve anyone that s/he cared for. Carth also hints that he feels Revan is not dead, but has somehow failed in what s/he had set out to do. If these true Sith really are like Nihilius in any relation, then facing them with Revan, all by him/herself, it would prove a difficult task. And if they have the whole 'feed off force sensitive' ability, then wouldn't it be possible to drain Revan of his/her power? Since, Revan I believe doesn't possess an ability to feed off other Force sensitives, than Revan would have no defense as the Exile did against Nihilius abaord the Ravanger. Draining energy would definately take its toll on Revan, but since Kreia noted that Revan was like 'staring into the heart of the force' I doubt Revan would die from his/her confrontation, but s/he would be considerably weakened.

2) Re-naming Revan?

I think it is entirely plausible to play as Revan (not sure about the Exile) and not have a problem in reference to naming or re-naming him/her.

Revan left the reaches of known space and travelled to the Outer Rim. The reason I believe Revan has been so hard to detect is because s/he does not want to be found by either the True Sith or the Republic until the oppurtune moment. So, if Revan wants to remain hidden, I don't think s/he would be prancing around with a recognizable face and go by 'Hey, I'm Revan! You know, the Republic saviour [or all powerful Sith lord] from 5+ years ago, blah blah blah, ecetera ecetera ecetera.' I think Revan would take up a new appearance, and be addressed by a new name to avoid being identified easily.

My piece of pie :rolleyes:

My idea for Revan level cutbacks.

During the course of K2, you learn that Revan was suffering from recurring memories from his past. No doubt he has some doubts on what his true memories and false memories are. His mind was totally wiped and reprogrammed by the JC.

So faced with uncertainty yet knowing some ominous threat looms in the shadows, he unlearns what he has learned. He forces himself back to a clean slate so he can discover his true self.

Due to his previous mastery of the Force, Revan possesses certain insights and instincts that still give him a deeper understanding of the Force. Therefore he begins as a level one prestige class with some special feats.

And ninja dinosaurs on space skies rapping it up with their Mandalorian homeboys? What more could you ask for?

okay people if revan went to find the true sith and the true sith can detect force users then revan would have had to learn to hide this fact for the 4 years he was in the outer rim. as in kotor 1 they explained if a jedi master had accompanied them it would present them as a bigger target. but revan would know this as he would be the biggest target of all as kreia said he is the heart of the force. so he would have had to abandon his force training and with time he lost his combat abilites and his use of the force. to protect himself for the greater good of the republic and kreia always emphasised that when revan was captured by bastila and the jedi council, that it was not much of a task to show to revan that in his heart was always a lightsider. and it was arrogant of the jedi council too think they turned him to the light as he never left he simply shifted to do wot was best for the war against the true sith.

I only read the first paragraph or so before becoming sick and didn't bother reading the posts after like, #3, so bear with me. If i repeat and I probably will, sorry.

We don't all play lightside.

There.

Everything you said is based on goodie-goodie Jedi crap. What if we don't want to start Jedi, what if we don't want to be doing work for the senate or the council, what if we'd rather dance half naked around a pyre with the bodies of Jedi's on it, and their heads perched on pointy sticks? What if I just wanna kill people and take over planets?

I don't wanna have to start as Jedi anymore :'(

i stopped reading when he said "coruscant" and 5 - 10 years later.. the Exile went right after Revan.. wouldnt have even had chance to sit it out 5 more years.

My Ideas anyhow.. I only have thought about a possible lightside story so when it comes to some goody goody thing near the end, just turn it into something bad.. like theres a squadron of Star Forges using the True Siths powers to eat up planets blah blah blah.. or you collapse the citidel station above Telos and kill the republic and the mandalorians in one swift strike (along with loads of Sith Masters), anyhow.. i'll try to tie in to K2 and maybe K1.

Revan somehow remembered how to use the force bonds as the exile does without knowing it, and heads out to find the sorce of these True Sith because he knew that would be the only way to end the wound in the force.

Bastila sends out T3 to find Revan, which he succeeded, and was sent back to find the Exile who surved him/her during the wars (he would have remembered) Now.. I'm not sure if the Exile will go alone as Revan did, because of these dangerous bonds that are caused (note: Kreia got her hand cut off, and it felt like you did.. it wasnt her who caused the bond, it was you blah blah blah etc etc.. wound in the force).

I think thats why Revan decided to go alone, now he could have sent for help from the best jedi around the galaxy who he fought with in the on Malachor against the mandalorians. One of the Jedi like i said would have been the Exile, his/her padawans from K2 will probably do there own thing, like rebuild the council, look for more force sensitives, and send who ever they can to aid the Exile and Revan.

Through out the game, various Jedi and Sith Warriors will find you, and join you depending on your choices with one of the newbie characters (Ulic Qel-Droma, I seem to always say that name lol) which would probably be at least 1 year later (to make it 5 years since Revan left) you eventually catch up with the Exile, he joins your group. now this time, you have at least 3 main characters you can switch to at some points of the game, to build on. like the first 2 games, but linked? :-

Blah blah blah, you fill in the blanks.. somewhere in there, the Exile will be visited by the spirit of Kreia on occasions.. and the ending will come where the newbie guy will be in a space battle with the sith, who are trying to reach known space to destroy the galaxy? (not too sure) mean while, Revan's bond has grown stronger with Bastila, and he tells her that the Sith are coming, and to get ready. to make things short cause i'm tired.. the sith goto the republic worlds destroying planets as Darth Nihilus destroyed Katarr(sp?), the Republic and the Mandalorians join forces, Carth and Canderous will reunite with the jedi from K1 and K2 who are seen in cut scenes fighting against the sith on various worlds and bastila will use her Meditation thingy, while the new guy is fighting main big boss person.

anyhow.. Revan and the Exile are fighting something who resembles the Emperor, or the actual guy who creates things like "Anakin Skywalker" lol *shrug* who is powerful and both Revan and Exile need to attack em like in SW2 with Dooku vs. Obi + Ani.. they kill him, the Republic succeed.. Mira does something (like Kreia said) and she will die saving others. Then Revan and Exile battle it out even if your both lightside, you have a choice of the out come.. i.e. give up your powers again, fight as revan, fight as exile..

They will fight if Revan is still alive, the thing he went to destroy was the true sith who uses the thing Vrook said about the wound in the force.. and the force will end with the Exile if nothing is done about it. the ending i'm thinking about, will be that the exile will lose, or will remove his powers (hey.. kinda like ulic :D lol)

There will be an ending celebration again, with the mandalorians and republic soldiers on Telos dancing about like on SW6 :D. If Revan or the Exile is killed, then the one who survived will burn him like the Jedi do (yeah thats sick).. then we'll see a ghost thingy at the end.. rofl j/k.. somewhere along those lines though.. Revan will reunite with bastila, if Exile gave up his powers and is a guy, he will go to Visas/Handmaiden.. all the original K1 and K2 party will be seen. and th-th-thats all folks :D.. though the dark side ending will probably be something completly different.. oh and dont forget about the new guy.. he will fit in there somewhere.

basically, K1 seems a bit like "A New Hope".. all the way to the Award Ceremony at the end, and the big Death Star thing being blown up.

K2 was the dark times for the Republic.. so that was Empire Strikes Back.. very similar to the films.. the

ship flys into the distance in the

end, someone gets there

hand cut off

so whats left is a Return of the Jedi type ending/game. I threw in a few things there.. also, same as the films, we will see all the worlds touched by the war (mensioned above in "spoiler") and also show celebrations.

hey.. sorry for ruining your thread by the way.. but this idea as been floating around my head for sometime now.. just had to let it out (who knows that feeling? :)) oh, and tell me if it made sence, i think i may have repeated myself more than once.

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Think of Revan and the Exile as chess pieces... what if the new PC in KotOR III was Revan and Carth/Bastilla's son/daughter?... ties in the story and gives that character the 'Luke Skywalker' touch.. of course he/she'd know Carth is his/her father or Bastilla is his/her mother.

Just an idea, because I for one would prefer to be a newcharacter because it just wouldn't 'feel' right being Revan or the Exile, unless they are super powerful.. but that would just be boring.

Think of Revan and the Exile as chess pieces... what if the new PC in KotOR III was Revan and Carth/Bastilla's son/daughter?... ties in the story and gives that character the 'Luke Skywalker' touch.. of course he/she'd know Carth is his/her father or Bastilla is his/her mother.

Just an idea, because I for one would prefer to be a newcharacter because it just wouldn't 'feel' right being Revan or the Exile, unless they are super powerful.. but that would just be boring.

how about a new character, and the ability to finish mastering both Revan and Exile?..

I dont really think the "Son" thing is even possible.. Carth said he/she has been gone 4 years... K3 wouldnt start 10 years later, and still no Revan, and even then, everyone would have forgotten about Revan and the True Sith.. and maybe moved on.. but maybe it could.. I only said someone like Ulic Qel-Droma cause he gave up his powers, just like the Exile, actually.. i think thats where they got the Exile from.

But Revan will have asked T3 to find anyone who has had something to do with War, he didnt want to risk the death of his friends because of those force bonds (if he dies they die etc) so he would have sent out for the Exile first, maybe the Exile picks up war veterans on the way, or even asks the new char to do it for him.

I would prefer controlling my original characters again, I never got to fully use all of my skills for either character.

Shane Tyduk

Peple the Force bond the Exile had with Kreia was a joke.

She made the exile feel the pain. It was a way of enforcing her will on him....

in the end she dies but the exiles doesn't even feel the pain. That should give you a clue.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

in the end she dies but the exiles doesn't even feel the pain. That should give you a clue.

I was thinking about that, but if you listen to the council, Vrook said that you've always been able to inspire others, even has a padawan. Then you started gaining bonds as soon as you re-gain your force powers, with Mira and the party, when you reach Telos after the Council.. you

sometimes get a little cutscene.. not sure if you get it only when your party is non-jedi, but i've had mira say: "Why am I attacking? It all feels natural and I dont know why.. I cant seem to stop" (somewhere along those lines) then you can say "in time, you will learn to accept it" and some other stuff.. but thats just to prove that there are actually bonds Revan wants to stop, as the council said.

But yeah, Kreia was manipulating you from the beginning, but thats exactly the kind of bonds that actually exist. Say, if you where inspiring Atton and Mira, and they died, you will die too. If you remember also, in the council, Vrook said

you cut yourself from the force in order to stay alive, you didnt loose the force, you where deafened from it.. with all the pain your friends suffered in the war, it could have killed you.. but then HK said that Revan knew about your bonds, and said it's a vulnerability, and he feels sorry for you (or something) maybe it had something to do with Revans teachings about the True Sith on malachor..

Shane Tyduk

I was thinking about that, but if you listen to the council, Vrook said that you've always been able to inspire others, even has a padawan. Then you started gaining bonds as soon as you re-gain your force powers, with Mira and the party, when you reach Telos after the Council.. you

sometimes get a little cutscene.. not sure if you get it only when your party is non-jedi, but i've had mira say: "Why am I attacking? It all feels natural and I dont know why.. I cant seem to stop" (somewhere along those lines) then you can say "in time, you will learn to accept it" and some other stuff.. but thats just to prove that there are actually bonds Revan wants to stop, as the council said.

But yeah, Kreia was manipulating you from the beginning, but thats exactly the kind of bonds that actually exist. Say, if you where inspiring Atton and Mira, and they died, you will die too. If you remember also, in the council, Vrook said

you cut yourself from the force in order to stay alive, you didnt loose the force, you where deafened from it.. with all the pain your friends suffered in the war, it could have killed you.. but then HK said that Revan knew about your bonds, and said it's a vulnerability, and he feels sorry for you (or something) maybe it had something to do with Revans teachings about the True Sith on malachor..

This is exactly why I said that K2 made more sense to me playing it DS. Mainly because

at one point Disciple tells you onboard the Ebon Hawk that he believes that the Sith Assassins hunting you that grow stronger as you grow stronger are Revan's legacy. If you put that together with what HK tells you, about Revan knowing about your bonds and your wound and how Revan believes it needs to be stopped, then it makes sense that eventually Revan will return to confront you.

That's pure conjecture, btw. But at nearly every critical plot point in the game, some NPC comments about the connection between Malachor V, your wound, and the nature of the Sith striking from beyond the shadows. They all seem to be tied and all seem to stem from the same source: you.

Kreia lays it out perfectly very early in the game when you go talk to her onboard the Ebon Hawk after you leave Peragus. And somewhere on these boards I saw a translation of what Nihilus says to you when you confront him onboard the Ravager. I don't know if it was true or not, but it went something like, "I'm going to take back from you what you took from me at Malachor!"

According to the Jedi Council, Disciple, and Darth Traya, Revan is well aware of all of this and he went off to confront a certain aspect of this on the Outer Rim. It is only inevitable that at some point, he/she will come to take care of the most important aspect of the conflict: the exile, the source of "the darkness that is to come". As Sion put it.

Now, whether that is as an ally or an enemy remains to be seen.

This is exactly why I said that K2 made more sense to me playing it DS. Mainly because

at one point Disciple tells you onboard the Ebon Hawk that he believes that the Sith Assassins hunting you that grow stronger as you grow stronger are Revan's legacy. If you put that together with what HK tells you, about Revan knowing about your bonds and your wound and how Revan believes it needs to be stopped, then it makes sense that eventually Revan will return to confront you.

That's pure conjecture, btw. But at nearly every critical plot point in the game, some NPC comments about the connection between Malachor V, your wound, and the nature of the Sith striking from beyond the shadows. They all seem to be tied and all seem to stem from the same source: you.

Kreia lays it out perfectly very early in the game when you go talk to her onboard the Ebon Hawk after you leave Peragus. And somewhere on these boards I saw a translation of what Nihilus says to you when you confront him onboard the Ravager. I don't know if it was true or not, but it went something like, "I'm going to take back from you what you took from me at Malachor!"

According to the Jedi Council, Disciple, and Darth Traya, Revan is well aware of all of this and he went off to confront a certain aspect of this on the Outer Rim. It is only inevitable that at some point, he/she will come to take care of the most important aspect of the conflict: the exile, the source of "the darkness that is to come". As Sion put it.

Now, whether that is as an ally or an enemy remains to be seen.

umm, maybe, I havent done the Darkside yet, i kinda hated the K1 darkside, having to kill half of your party :p lol.

though i think

It could always work out that even if the exile is light he still has to be killed, or the force taken from him.. I believe Revan is strong enough to do so.. but the lightside ending, he will alow him to do it, but the darkside, you will fight.

Shane Tyduk

Well if Obsidian ever reads their forums I truely hope that they hear me when I they must really do and excellent job with KOTOR3 and this time not to dump the love story because they hated it, for me it was one of the things that had me hooked to the game. Also if the series was done in a triology, then it would follow the Starwars tradition of always being done in trilogys.

Of course Obsidian would have to come up with an epic story that kicked ass out of KOTOR 1 & 2, that shouldn't be too hard considering most of their employees are ex-blizzard dudes, I think. Plus the graphics need a complete overhaul, personally if they got the licence to use the Unreal Engine 3.0 I think the lightsabers and force powers would go beyond cool. Though if this is the last in the series it may kinda have to do with the destruction of the Sith, because for those who have seen the starwars movies will know that the Jedi Council mentions that the Sith haven't been seen for 1000's of years till Darth Maul.

Now I haven't played KOTOR 2 yet, though I do plan to, I've heard that its ending was kinda anti-climatic, but doesn't most penultimate shows end with a cliff-hanger, look at Halo 2 for example or possibly Star Wars Episode 5 in a way.

Character-wise, perhaps they should allow you to play as either Revan or the Exile, preferably Revan, and the Exile as a NPC maybe, because theres just something about Revan's character that could lend itself to the destruction of the Sith. Also during Kotor1 I'm one of those fans who was hooked on the game due to many reasons, the love story included. Playing from a male's point of view I couldn't wait to see how the relationship between Bastila and Revan would end up. Though in the end I was disappointed, sure Bastila admitted her love for Revan but the last thing Bastila ever said to Revan was 'Good Luck my love...and may the force be with you'. I mean what kinda ending was that!!! In KOTOR 3 they should have the two back together, now I don't mean they have to defy the Jedi Council et al Anakin and Padme. But if the Sith did fall in the end perhaps Revan and Bastila leave the Order, which the Jedi don't exactly accept which explains why in the movies they don't talk bout them. Think about it.

And hopefully Obsidian actually reads these forums because frankly if they took in some ideas they could have a product which pleases a lot of fans.

What they could do is have Revan start the game as a level 15 Jedi/Sith (depending on what you had chosen for him). The reason why he has gone down to lv 15 is, in the game's point of view, you dont want your character to be too powerful at the start, and in the storyline point of view, he hasn't been doing much battle since the defeat of Malak, mainly investigating the Outer Rim instead, and so has let his training go a bit.

in kotor 3 i would mind if the true sith have captured revan and stripped him of his power so then he/she could see the galaxy fall under there feet. But the next part you choose whether revan lives or dies by the exile's hand. As you would start the game off as the exile. but then you decide whether or not u play as the revan or the exile. as if the exile was dark he would see revan's weakness and kill him for the sith throne but if good he will save revan you will carry on the game as revan regaining your force skill. hell may be we will see the origins of the valley of the jedi (from jedi knights)as maybe revan travelled there once to regain his link with the force as did kyle katarn did as maybe it held the clue to the true sith and revan had not realised it that maybe there was a force that could stop the true sith. but if you choose revan to be dark then instead you would return to korriban and find ancient true sith temple hidden on the planet and regain the link with the dark side force. then you would return to the true sith and kil there leader and take control of the republic and the true sith.

in kotor 3 i would mind if the true sith have captured revan and stripped him of his power so then he/she could see the galaxy fall under there feet. But the next part you choose whether revan lives or dies by the exile's hand. As you would start the game off as the exile. but then you decide whether or not u play as the revan or the exile. as if the exile was dark he would see revan's weakness and kill him for the sith throne but if good he will save revan you will carry on the game as revan regaining your force skill. hell may be we will see the origins of the valley of the jedi (from jedi knights)as maybe revan travelled there once to regain his link with the force as did kyle katarn did as maybe it held the clue to the true sith and revan had not realised it that maybe there was a force that could stop the true sith. but if you choose revan to be dark then instead you would return to korriban and find ancient true sith temple hidden on the planet and regain the link with the dark side force. then you would return to the true sith and kil there leader and take control of the republic and the true sith.

Wasn't the Valley of the Jedi created after the battle of Ruusan? When Lord Kaan did his thought bomb?

For LS or DS, he/she starts remembering that the reason for turning into Sith and getting the Starforge is that he/she wanted to unite the galaxy in order to fight the "True Sith" as one.

I like that idea. That could mean that Revan was right to go to war with the mandalorians, then go on to find the star forge and make the galaxy his so he could in turn crush the true sith...but it would't make sense that he left the star forge probably destroying it....ahh well

I want Revan back as the PC, Exile i didn't think was that great, and i think 3 is a crowd. Make Kotor 3 then set Kotor 4 in a different time period (maybe 100 years later or so)

the exile will be the main character for the 3rd game, they will make a reason why he would start out as level 1. they left far to much unresolved for that character to just drop him off as the hero, the only reason revan was not the center of the 2nd game is becuase hes biowares hero, obsidian wanted their own, and the exile was it. just remember people the entire story for games 2 and 3 have likely already been written and done, just need to make the games. You can figure this out due to the way they have heavily hinted upon game 3 throughout game 2

next game is easy

you go after revan as the exile

you find out what hes plotting as the new leader of that sith empire

back in 'known space' you must defeat revan

bah, no defeating revan! lol, though i think you'll beable to turn him back to the lightside if he has fallen.

i dont really like the exile, i liked Revan more.

Shane Tyduk