Legend of the Green Dragon

Rhomal

LotGD game is now installed on the site, you can reach it here:

http://www.nwn2news.net/dragon

It is currently undergoing a testing phase as I tweak the settings. Please post your gameplay feedback here.

Also keep in mind it takes on a D&D kind of tounge-in-cheek tone. Its not a 'serious' RPG type game, it ment to be taken with a bit of humor.

With that said, I would also like to know if this is the kind of tone you would like or would you prefer a more 'serious' fantasy game. (There's no reason I couldn't install 2 for both types of players, but I need to know what players would like.)

In the game you fight random monsters and other players, have special random encounters, with your earnings buy better equipment, etc

Old time BBSers will reconize it as loosly based on the old 'Legend of the Red Dragon' (L.O.R.D) BBS Door game.

Thanks for your feedback

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Well, I died twice in my first day.

You start out with 50 gold, enough to by a lvl 1 weapon or lvl 1 armor. Perhaps a bit late to suggest.. but id buy one or the other right off the bat. :(

To everyone - Does the tounge in cheek humor detract from the game? Would you perfer a more 'serious' D&Dish game? Or do you perfer it as is?

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I bought armor right off the bat. And I bought a weapon as soon as I could afford it.

I think I just run into some really bad luck, because I nearly died in every forest fight none the less.

And I don't mind Legend of the Green Dragon's style, because I liked LoRD.

I bought armor right off the bat.  And I bought a weapon as soon as I could afford it.

I think I just run into some really bad luck, because I nearly died in every forest fight none the less.

And I don't mind Legend of the Green Dragon's style, because I liked LoRD.

Thanks for the feedback.. ermm.. yea you died trying to kill my char who had better equipment and one lvl higher! :)

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Yeah, but I also had problems with the forest fights. That's not your fault. I've played LoGD before. I just got unlucky. I barely beat the forest fights at level 1, despite upgrading my weapon and armor.

And then I leveled up, and couldn't fight against level 2 monsters at all.

I did attack your character, but we were both level 2. And you were the only PC I could attack.

I see how you are.. *grab a towel and puts it over his head hoping Ender can't see him now to PvP*

:ph34r:

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Well, since I did poorly on exp and gold my first day (lost over 156 gold when I died the first time), I needed to gamble on a chance to improve my character. Yours was the only character I could fight.

I also missed out on a few turns due to a few forest events, and being in low spirits.

Somedays you have good turns, and some days you have bad turns. I just had a bad turn. I don't expect you to tweak the game because of it.

I may put LoGD up on my new website enderandrew.com (forthcoming).

Well, since I did poorly on exp and gold my first day (lost over 156 gold when I died the first time), I needed to gamble on a chance to improve my character.  Yours was the only character I could fight.

I also missed out on a few turns due to a few forest events, and being in low spirits.

Somedays you have good turns, and some days you have bad turns.  I just had a bad turn.  I don't expect you to tweak the game because of it.

I may put LoGD up on my new website enderandrew.com (forthcoming).

*nods* thats quite true.. some days are good.. others not so good with playing LORD. Luck of the dice as it were.

They just came out with a newer version of LoGD thats now modular based. Similar to the old door game. You can write a module for it in PHP and plug it in to the core. It a beta version, will prob wait until a production level version come out to put it up but its looking pretty nice from what I seen. May want to check it out.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

New link for the game. All chars have been reset as we moved over to the new ver of the game:

http://www.nwn2news.net/lotgd

enjoy!

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Very cool, but. . .

"You strap your Fists to your back and head out for some adventure."

:sorcerer:

Yes, default msg. It does not take into account if you have not bought a weapon yet.

Prob done on purpose, to add to the tounge in cheek humor. ;)

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Dagnabit!

Knowing that the water could yield deadly results, you decide to take your chances. Kneeling down at the edge of the stream, you take a long hard draught from the cold stream. You feel a warmth growing out from your chest...

It is followed by a dreadful clammy cold. You stagger and claw at your breast as you feel what you imagine to be the hand of the reaper placing its unbreakable grip on your heart.

You collapse by the edge of the stream, only just now noticing that the stones you observed before were actually the bleached skulls of other adventurers as unfortunate as you.

Darkness creeps in around the edges of your vision as you lay staring up through the trees. Your breath comes shallower and less and less frequently as warm sunshine splashes on your face, in sharp contrast to the void taking residence in your heart.

You have died due to the foul power of the stream.

As the woodland creatures know the danger of this place, none are here to scavenge from your corpse, you may keep your gold.

The life lesson learned here balances any experience you would have lost.

You may continue playing again tomorrow.

Although simple, it is quite addictive. Good jokes. :cool:

*nods*

Thats the charm of it in a nutshell. Simplicity yet the 'one more turn' addictive game play.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---