Obsidians Fall

Mission, wheres Zanzibar or Juhani or Jolee.

If I were to hazard a guess then I'd say Zalbarr went back to Kashyyyk to rule his tribe and that Mission went with him. It's just a guess though. As for Jolee and Juhani, I have no idea. It would have been cool to have Jolee in your group pulling you one way while Kreia pulls you the other.

Jolee and Kreia -- what a pair they'd make! ;)

I think Jolee would frustrate Kreia until her head exploded.

I actually didn't have a problem with this game not making mention of some of the original crew. Personally, I didn't really care what happened to Mission, Zalbarr, Jolee, and Juhani while I was playing the first game. So, I didn't mind not knowing at all.

Carth, Canderous, and of course, Bastila, were the only characters that really made a significant impact in the first game and those were really the only characters that we needed to see again, IMO.

Having T3 and HK in your party again was a bonus. And a way to reveal Revan's location.

I actually didn't have a problem with this game not making mention of some of the original crew.  Personally, I didn't really care what happened to Mission, Zalbarr, Jolee, and Juhani while I was playing the first game.  So, I didn't mind not knowing at all.

Carth, Canderous, and of course, Bastila, were the only characters that really made a significant impact in the first game and those were really the only characters that we needed to see again, IMO.

Having T3 and HK in your party again was a bonus.  And a way to reveal Revan's location.

Jolee is dead.

When you meet the Disciple in the lower enclave he makes mention of the "Adventures of Jolee Bindal in the outter Rim Worlds". Thats said to me that Jolee died and his history was lost along with other material the Jedi's had.

"LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD"

ok.

on friday we will finally post a review... just not bothered yet. apologies to those who asked for a review from us... and is still waiting. however, until then, we simply note that obsidian did not "fall" or "fumble" at least as far as Gromnir is concerned... but much like the original kotor, there is more than a handful of "why the hell did they do that," kinda issues that prevent it from being... complete.

kotor2 is a game that makes us wonder how good it could have been if not for some questionable design/story choices and a few irksome technical issues.

no doubt the obsidian developers wait with baited breath for friday and Gromnir's review.

no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Kotor 2 beats Kotor, easy...

Kotor2 has shorter load times, better frame rates, larger worlds with more characters on screen making it feel more alive, does away with forced mini-games, give more/better interaction with NPCs, vastly improved on the workbench system, gave us more force powers, improved animations for combat, and gave us a story line that you didn't figure out in the first act (who didn't know they were Revan from the get go?)

I realize that folks want to look back at Kotor with rose tinted glasses, but come on...Obsidian took everything Kotor had and made it better. The only screw up is the ambigious ending. Personally, i enjoyed it since i don't need a cheesy award ceremony to validate my gameplay experience.

38 hours of great and 2 hours of meh, seems like a pretty good ratio to me.

Nothing personal against you...if you enjoy the game and think it's a good product, then that is cool by me. However, I played KOTOR and the sequel quite a bit and I can promise you that both the framerate and load time has not improved. To say they have is simply not true. I also disagree with your 'better interaction with NPCs' statement. The interaction did not change from KOTOR to the sequel. You still run into rampant dialauge loops. What I mean is that even when you pass major plot points in the game, NPCs still give you the same options as before.

A prime example of this is Visas. It drove me nuts to talk to her even when I resolved the plot points in her conversation options. This is one example, so please don't tell me the interaction aspect has gotten better.

Also, please explain what changes were made to improve the animations in combat? I am curious about this.

Look, I think you like the game and posted here to defend it because most people here have issues with it. That's cool. However, I simply think your points for the most part are false.

I could see what there doing, the ending was not that bad, it had the typical Star Wars, second installment type cut off ending, though watch the last movie again, when the Ebon Hawk comes up from the pit and hovers for a second by the tower...now, by guessing were exile stands in the last conversation, there would be plenty of time for a Jedi to jump onto the hull, and slip in through a access port.

Well see I guess when Lucas Arts have cleaned up there restructuring and get three rolling.

The biggest issues I had were the bugs, mainly on Nar Shadda, as I've put onto other posts here, and at the LA site, and then the worlds, I think they did a good job, however I wanted to see Yavin 4..the Massassi, and the true Sith ( the race) the cave were Exar Kun was killed... ALOT of jedi importance there too

Caracter creation: It was alright from a generic point of view. I wish the choices of hair, and face was seperate..I really really wanted other than Human options, I thought the All human Jedi council was pretty bad, considering humans are a minority with Jedi ...

Jedi Academy had a good creation on the species front.

Now, If they had the custom ability of say, a WWE game I'd be thrilled..what if I wanted a 6'1 busty twi'lek Jedi, or a 3 ft over weight human, with dreads *lol*

*saber design* it may be something over looked, but because a saber is so important to Jedi, and reflecting there person, it would be nice to change the look ( Tineal- Ka has her hilt made of a reaincor tooth, because of her Dathomirian mother)

I would love to See Obsidian get the ability to do three, I hope they can take there time. there heart was in the right place, and had they better time, and a less chaotic Lucas Arts I'm sure the bug issue would have been alot less

Adena, Jedi Goddess

I may be the only one thoroughly enjoying this game, here at the forums......:huh:

no youre not i love the game too. i for one can get over all the bugs and plot holes and other things and i enjoy this game more than kotor

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together