No it doesn't.

does away with forced mini-games,

Yes it does.

give more/better interaction with NPCs,

Not really.

vastly improved on the workbench system,

In a useless way.

gave us more force powers,

Most of which are pointless, and others don't even work.

improved animations for combat,

Instead of improving upon core game elements.

and gave us a story line that you didn't figure out in the first act (who didn't know they were Revan from the get go?)

Apparently, everyone but you, oh omnipotent one.

I realize that folks want to look back at Kotor with rose tinted glasses, but come on...Obsidian took everything Kotor had and made it better.

No they didn't.

The only reson Obsidion got this was because BIOWARE had thier hands into Jade Empire Microsoft pushed them to put out KOTOR 2 so they had to contract out.  Microsoft did have a hand in making this game less than it was but Obsidion could have done better they had the templates.  I would have been happy had they improved the graphic qualitys and some game play.  As for the planets they took out most of Dantoine there was so much more there they could have left play the old KOTOR again and you'll see what I mean about length.  KOTOR 1 was so had so much more there and it was more intercet as well

Firstly, you revealed nothing and contended nothing of my post, but yet quoted it, so I have to guess that you agree. But I do note you mention graphics before gameplay, which makes me think you don't play alot of RPG's, so I would advise you to avoid them. As for the mature idea coming up, things change in the process of time. K2 reflects this.

I think they let too much intrigue without response... like on dantoine when you see a guy talking to carth saying that he found you...you never see that guy or carth again it as no end just as the hologram on korrriban were you see bastila. They, for sure, can have done better with an envoronement such as rich as star wars. I hope that there will be a kotor 3 or at least a rpg like it but with another name with jedi why not in the time of the presente star wars :) ??? I think obsidian and bioware should work on that together because they have both great ideas and it could leads to a great game. Perhaps I was hoping that this time they would made a bigger difference in the storyline depends of wich side you are...it was improved but not enough.

Sorry for my poor english it's not my first language :">

I would disagree. I thought the characters in KOTOR2 were one of the best aspects of the game. They were very well developed and the voice acting was great as well. Even though Kriea pissed me off sometimes, I never felt like I was being lectured as with Bastilla and Carth. But that was just her character, she was supposed to make you think about your actions and evaluate the situation from all angles before making decisions. Bastilla and Carth just wanted you to be goodie-goodie.

Thats the thing at least with the old charcters you good rely on them Obsidian spent so much time having the back stabb each other that it left ver little room for any other story to develop not to mention loop holes. I.E. on Malacor V what happens with GO-TO and Bou-Dars remote?

Well even with the loss of world this game leaves a lot to be desidred. Like what happened to the charcters from the last game wheres Mission, wheres Zanzibar or Juhani or Jolee. All you hear is a little about reavon see carth if you chose light side awnser about reavan. The droids you get and Mandalore seems supciously like Candoriuos. But what the hell happened. Why is HK-47 in a **** pile. Whats the deal with T3 whats he got to hide and if mandalore is Candourous what happend that crippled him up like Kerie says. Plus take a good hard look at the outfits. Yah I agree its nice haveing a wider aray of robes but it may be just me but I like running around in the full sith armor. The armor in here consists of a chest peice and shoulder pads. Theres hardly and detail at all in fact get close and look in 1st person view and you'll see how ****ty it really is. Where did the cool **** go. Did BIOWARE lose the templates for the sith and mandalorian armors or maybe just maybe they wanted obsidion to tank. I'm mean really guys it was a how can you sit Idelly by and let obsidion piss all over the sequel to one of the best star wars games yet and call it good. You have to be on some power full drugs to swollow that horse ****.

I.E. on Malacor V what happens with GO-TO and Bou-Dars remote?

ls ending, bao-dur's remote wins. ds ending, goto wins. >_<

but you never see that its only your asumption not fact all you see is the epon hawk come up LS and wisk you a way and planet goes the way of the big bang or DS you kill keria and go after reven. I deal in fact not theory my friend.

Well even with the loss of world this game leaves a lot to be desidred.  Like what happened to the charcters from the last game wheres Mission, wheres Zanzibar or Juhani or Jolee. All you hear is a little about reavon see carth if you chose light side awnser about reavan.  The droids you get and Mandalore seems supciously like Candoriuos.  But what the hell happened.  Why is HK-47 in a **** pile.  Whats the deal with T3 whats he got to hide and if mandalore is Candourous what happend that crippled him up like Kerie says.  Plus take a good hard look at the outfits.  Yah I agree its nice haveing a wider aray of robes but it may be just me but I like running around in the full sith armor.  The armor in here consists of a chest peice and shoulder pads. Theres hardly and detail at all in fact get close and look in 1st person view and you'll see how ****ty it really is. Where did the cool **** go.  Did BIOWARE lose the templates for the sith and mandalorian armors or maybe just maybe they wanted obsidion to tank.  I'm mean really guys it was a how can you sit Idelly by and let obsidion piss all over the sequel to one of the best star wars games yet  and call it good.  You have to be on some power full drugs to swollow that horse ****.

did you even play through any of the dialogues? a couple of your questions were answered had you actually talked to your companions.

considering you say that "mandalore seems supciously like candoriuos", it makes me think you never even talked to him or talked to kreia, considering it is made plain as day that he is canderous. no speculation, no suspicions, just fact.

as for t3, continue conversing with him. what does he have to hide? revan's location and where revan has travelled before. but again, you would know that if youd actually played out the dialogue. and again, with hk-47. same thing.

no offense, but it seems like you rushed through the game and never actually talked to most of these characters more than maybe once or twice. <_<

I talked with him I got the whole story from him. I knew who he was from the start when you first him. but even that desnt give what happend to the others the fact remains "What happened wheres mission where are the others". this game leaves a lot to be desired.

I talked with him I got the whole story from him. I knew who he was from the start when you first him.  but even that desnt give what happend to the others the fact remains "What happened wheres mission where are the others".  this game leaves a lot to be desired.

i never disagreed with that. i commented on the part you mentioned that we dont have a clue about mandalore, hk-47 and t3, when in fact each of their dialogues and the dialogue with other party members fills in those gaps pretty well.

as far as not mentioning mission and the others, who cares? thats not obsidians job to tell us about every party member we had in the previous game. they filled us in on the "important" party members and thats all they should have. just look at the movies. does return of the jedi tell us what happened to general riekien from hoth base? does empire strikes back or return of the jedi tell us what happened with general jan dodona? does return of the jedi tell us what happened to lobot? no. because although they had parts to play, they werent the "important" characters to the story.

Important. Important. That is important if your going to make a sequal you have to have a good back story as well this game fell short way short. what about bastiala and carth you see them but no mention about them the only little tid bit you get is if you play the DS and blow open the door at the sith academy on koroban and you get that little info from Bastilla on the holocron

folks are going to cry and whine, don't bother arguing with them. Their minds are made up that they're going to waste time on a forum bitching about a game that they didn't understand. screw'em.

I'm on my third play through and i'm enjoying the hell out of it. I hope Obsidian makes bank from this and gets a shot at doing KOTOR 3.

NO I dont want them to make a game that is about the origionals I just want a sequel that mesh with the origonal. All they did was remake the old game with a few new charcters. Peragus=Endor Spire Narshada=Terus Telos=Keshyak Duxn/Onderon=Mannon They all folowed the same patterns They had the old game they should have just added the new worlds to it. The game play wold have been better had you been able to revisit more of the old worlds.

folks are going to cry and whine, don't bother arguing with them.  Their minds are made up that they're going to waste time on a forum bitching about a game that they didn't understand.  screw'em.

I'm on my third play through and i'm enjoying the hell out of it.  I hope Obsidian makes bank from this and gets a shot at doing KOTOR 3.

Yeah, because people don't like the game, means we automatically dont understand it. But see, while I waste time on a forum bitching about a game that I *DO* understand, you waste time bitching on a forum about people like me. It's a double edged sword, ace, so suck it up.

Mission, wheres Zanzibar or Juhani or Jolee.

If I were to hazard a guess then I'd say Zalbarr went back to Kashyyyk to rule his tribe and that Mission went with him. It's just a guess though. As for Jolee and Juhani, I have no idea. It would have been cool to have Jolee in your group pulling you one way while Kreia pulls you the other.

I agree that the game has many faults (Other posters have mentioned them numerous times so I don't feel the need to repeat), but I don't think explaining what happened to the original cast is one of those faults. Sith Lords is an entirely new story with an entirely new cast of characters. Why should the Exile even know or give a rat's ass about what happened to Mission Vao? While as a fan of the original, we're probably a little concerned or curious about the Ebon Hawk's original crew, it doesn't make much logical sense in terms of the story that Sith Lords has.

As for Jolee and Juhani, I kind of assumed that they were dead, seeing as how many Jedi are left. Zhar and Dorak bit it on Katarr, so why not those two as well?

I agree that the game has many faults (Other posters have mentioned them numerous times so I don't feel the need to repeat), but I don't think explaining what happened to the original cast is one of those faults.  Sith Lords is an entirely new story with an entirely new cast of characters.  Why should the Exile even know or give a rat's ass about what happened to Mission Vao?  While as a fan of the original, we're probably a little concerned or curious about the Ebon Hawk's original crew, it doesn't make much logical sense in terms of the story that Sith Lords has.

As for Jolee and Juhani, I kind of assumed that they were dead, seeing as how many Jedi are left.  Zhar and Dorak bit it on Katarr, so why not those two as well?

I could see Juhani pushing up daisys... but Jolee Bindo? No way! :p

The reason why there is no Mission/Zalbaar/Jolee/Juhani in the second game is probably because depending on the ending you got in KOTOR-1 they are either dead or alive. Although I think after your initial conversation with Atton about Reven if you chose Lightside you could possibly infer that they all lived...

I dunno, some cameos would have been nice. I bet when the inevitable KOTOR-3 comes out there are going to be some of these guys either mentioned or as playable characters. They damn well better bring Bastilla back :) ... or they aren't getting any of my money >_<

Yeah, it's hard for me to fathom how Jolee could be dead (unless Revan hacked him to bits, of course). But knowing Bindo, if there's a threat this big, he'd have his nose right in the Exile's business if he were alive. Maybe he and Kreia did "Rock, paper, scissors" to see who got to play mentor?

Mission, wheres Zanzibar or Juhani or Jolee.

If I were to hazard a guess then I'd say Zalbarr went back to Kashyyyk to rule his tribe and that Mission went with him. It's just a guess though. As for Jolee and Juhani, I have no idea. It would have been cool to have Jolee in your group pulling you one way while Kreia pulls you the other.

Jolee and Kreia -- what a pair they'd make! :blink: