Obsidians Fall

Obsidian really droped the ball on this game. If they hadnt been stupid and rushed out this for cristmas they might have had a good game. the story left to many loop holes. The random genarator sucks. the lest they could have done is make it do diffenent ofr Light and DS. I got 2 of those stupid light side crystals while playing the DS and my buddy didnt get one playing LS and he has played it through 4 times now. And whats with the planets you actually get less with KOTOR 2 than you did with KOTOR. The least they could have done would have left the star forges in. YOu cnat even go to have the places you could on Dantoine.

And what happened with Tatooine, Kayshyk and Mannaon? I just dont get why BIOWARE was thinking when they gave this one to Obsidion. But I guess they wont make that mistake twice. Also they leave waqy to many bugs in the system for instance on Telos if you talk to the cornal and the the Fuel bonus mission and talk the dark side point by asking for the finders fee. even after you talk to the Hut on Nar Shadda and get the deal from him no matter what you do or how many times you go back to telos you cnat get him to talk about it again. But enough of what I think what do you guys think. LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD

Okay.

I agree with you on the random generator problem. It needs to be corrected in any way possible.

You get less with the planets? What are you referring to?

And if you had the same planets, you would probably be complaining more because of the repetitiveness. And if you choiches were major, like on Mannaan, Kashyyyk, and Tatooine, you could pretty much draw out what was going to happen through your DS/LS choices.

Star Forges? There was only one, and if your were LS, then it would have been destroyed. So it is completely destroyed whatever side Revan was on because the story needed it to be? You know how worse the story would have been if they were left in with all of the factions to take ahold of it?

The bug you mentioned was the only one I encountered after the second playthrough.

As for Obsidian, they had a job on their hands, because they accepted it. A MAJOR job. Following up K1 in the time they were alloted? Bioware couldn't have even done that I bet.

Obsidian really droped the ball on this game.  If they hadnt been stupid and rushed out this for cristmas they might have had a good game.  the story left to many loop holes.  The random genarator sucks.  the lest they could have done is make it do diffenent ofr Light and DS.  I got 2 of those stupid light side crystals while playing the DS and my buddy didnt get one playing LS and he has played it through 4 times now.  And whats with the planets you actually get less with KOTOR 2 than you did with KOTOR.  The least they could have done would have left the star forges in.  YOu cnat even go to have the places you could on Dantoine.

And what happened with Tatooine, Kayshyk and Mannaon?  I just dont get why BIOWARE was thinking when they gave this one to Obsidion.  But I guess they wont make that mistake twice.  Also they leave waqy to many bugs in the system for instance on Telos if you talk to the cornal and the the Fuel bonus mission and talk the dark side point by asking for the finders fee.  even after you talk to the Hut on Nar Shadda and get the deal from him no matter what you do or how many times you go back to telos you cnat get him to talk about it again.  But enough of what I think what do you guys think.  LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD

I'm not trying to engage in a flame war or anything, but that was truly one of the most incoherent posts I think I've ever read. I couldn't even figure out what the second part of your post was trying to say. Something about Nar Shadaa, I think. If you had used punctuation and proof read what you posted, it may have been interesting.

As for the the first part of your post, I actually agree with some of it. I think KOTOR 2 had interesting characters but it fell short with loopholes and ultimately, a convoluted plot that relied to heavily on implication and exposition rather than good storytelling. Something that Bioware has, up to this point, studiously avoided. But this could all be the doing of LucasArts, rushing it out for the holidays to cash in on the shopping rush.

The game itself I think is better than the first Kotor, where it falls short is the character development of the Sith Lords (except Traya), and the ending.

I can see what they were trying to acomplish by not revealing too much information about Nihilus and Sion, but all they did was leave you puzzled. All Kreia really tells you about them was that they were spawned of the horrors of Malachor V, Sion has learned much through pain and is basically being held together by his hatred and power of the dark side. Nihilus is this all powerfull hole in the force, that consumes everything, although when you think about it, what they did with Nihilus makes a lot of sense (they just could have done it better). He is basically this insanely powerfull Sith Lord that gets his power from consuming the force from all living beings, but when he tries to do the same to the exile, he wastes his power on the exile's emptiness and is weakened enough for the exile to be able to defeat him. Also, his language suggests that he may be a true sith (listen to the holocrons in Atris's academy, then listen to Nihilus...anything sound familiar?). Anyway, there was still more that could have been done with both Sion and Nihilus (especially Nihilus) that couldve made people a little less left in the dark when they defeated them.

Then theres the ending which in my opinion...even surpassed Halo 2's ending in COMPLETE STUPIDITY. DS - Traya falls in a pit. Wow. LS - Malachor V goes boom. Wow. Doesnt give you a very big feeling of acomplishment after sitting in front of an Xbox for 30-40 hours..

The game itself I think is better than the first Kotor, wh

I stopped reading here cause my eyes started bleeding from the pain of thinking about this statement being true.

Well, I'll clear that up. I only meant it was better in terms of gameplay, and customization. (i.e. more force powers, more weapon/armor upgrades, etc)

I stopped reading here cause my eyes started bleeding from the pain of thinking about this statement being true.

So what do you want? A cookie?

Or a shot to the brain? With super happy fun goo?

So what do you want? A cookie?

Or a shot to the brain? With super happy fun goo?

Is that anything like the "happy slime" from Ghostbusters 2?

Well if you really think about it KOTOR wasn't that great... Taris was tedious and some of the party members were annoying too... but for the most part its 'classic' and I definetly wouldn't say that KOTOR II is better than it.... especially with the ending :ermm: