Dual-wield penalty

Does having a high dexterity help to offset the dual-wield attack penalty?

The dual wield penalty lowers your defense rating. High dexterity bumps up your maneuverablity, making you harder to hit. So yes, in that respect it does. The penalty will always be there though, it's not removed by high dext. The only way to improve the penalty is by the Dual-Wielding feat progression.

The dual wield penalty lowers your defense rating.  High dexterity bumps up your maneuverablity, making you harder to hit.  So yes, in that respect it does.  The penalty will always be there though, it's not removed by high dext.  The only way to improve the penalty is by the Dual-Wielding feat progression.

Good info. Thanks. I was determined to be a dual-wielding Jedi even though mentioning this caused some of my friends to screw up their faces in distaste and mention the penalties associated therewith. I'm playing a Jedi Guardian, so I already have a high strength and am concentrating on melee. I'm currently just planning on going all-out brute force with points in strength and bulling forward with dual wielding in spite of the penalty.

Does having a high dexterity help to offset the dual-wield attack penalty?

The dual wield penalty lowers your defense rating.

No it doesn't. The dual-wield penalty reduces your attack rating.

You win the grand prize.

Thank you. :D

*takes prize and pins it on shirt*

manthing2.jpg

No it doesn't.  The dual-wield penalty reduces your attack rating.

Well technically yes, but I was speaking in different terms. EVERYBODY knows that the key to your defense is a strong attack. So if your attack rating is messed up, there goes your defense.

Ok fine, I was wrong, you were right. Are you happy now? :blink: *hides in hole*

Good info. Thanks.  I was determined to be a dual-wielding Jedi even though mentioning this caused some of my friends to screw up their faces in distaste and mention the penalties associated therewith. I'm playing a Jedi Guardian, so I already have a high strength and am concentrating on melee. I'm currently just planning on going all-out brute force with points in strength and bulling forward with dual wielding in spite of the penalty.

In fact since you automatically receive the 'weapon finesse: lightsaber' feat, it actually pays to go for DEX rather than STR, since a STR of 20 will earn you +5 dmg per hit and to hit rolls,, but the same value of DEX will grant you a +5 dodge bonus to Def and to hit rolls.

Um, wait. We're talking about K2 right? Where no matter what you do, you can't get yourself killed. Never mind then. <_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.