Do You Prefer Male Or Female Revan

I prefer Male Revan with Bastila romance. With Carth good freinds with the two jedi lovers and the light side ending as I couldn't stand betraying my party members.

which do you prefer?

Cheero

Bastilla Skywalker

:thumbsup:

I prefer Male Revan with Bastila romance. With Carth good freinds with the two jedi lovers and the light side ending as I couldn't stand betraying my party members.

Pretty much always the Bastila romance, as:

1) I'm a male.

2) Though Bastila grates on the nerves occasionally, I despise Carth.

3) It just seems more natural to the story. The Force Bond, the moment of decision on the Temple, the final showdown and redemption on the Star Forge if Light Side, the two Sith lovers conquering the Galaxy together if Dark Side; all in all, it just fits the story better than a bunch of random flirts with Carth finally culminating in....absolutely nothing.

On the other hand, the Light Side or Dark Side endings make no difference to me. Whether Revan and Bastila massacre their own party and then go on to seize control of the Sith Fleet, or whether they go through the whole Redemption thing is a matter of indifference to me, and I switch between games.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

3) It just seems more natural to the story. The Force Bond, the moment of decision on the Temple, the final showdown and redemption on the Star Forge if Light Side

Very much has that whole SW vibe going. I did LS then DS both male. I am so that's normal. We generally want that save if you want to identify more with one of the NPCs. That and who wants to identify with Carth?

Being a guy I naturally prefer to play a male Revan. That, and I like the story between Bastilla and him. Usually I prefer Ls, well, ok, I always prefer LS. I tried going DS female, never made it past Kashyyk. Oddly enough, I seem to be one of the few guys who didn't want to kill Carth. At any rate, I heard somewhere that a LS male Revan was the default design, so I suppose thats one very big reason the story seemed to flow better when palying that way.

well, when I played KOTOR the first time, I was male, and roleplayed as "myself" in a sense -- I was a neutral/lightsider, and romanced Bastilla.

The second playthrough, I removed myself and roleplayed as an ultra-evil female Revan, and although I had grown to enjoy the company of my party and their character, I seemed to enjoy the roleplaying she provided, but didn't romance Carth (killed Dustil -- oops). I couldn't bring Zalbaar to kill Mission, as it made me feel too guilty, so I killed them both, personally. The impression left by this playthrough was so profound and engrossing that it was used as the template for KOTOR2's first playthrough, which I'm still working on.

in KOTOR2, I'm a lightsider senitnel/Jedi Master male, as myself, and I'm actually enjoying it more than I did in the last game! I shall definitely be playing darksider female next game, but right now, I'm really enjoying doing what feels natural.....Revan will be that original male lightsider in the second play.

Since I am female, I enjoyed the Carth romance. I know many people thought he was whiny, but IMO he was really well fleshed out. Dave Gaider did a great job with him. The dialogue options were great and he seemed, *real*.

I'm looking forward to playing Kotor 2 when it comes out for pc so I can see how Obsidian have developed their characters. Since I'm ignoring the criticism on thses boards until I can play it for myself, I for one am optimistic. It already sounds from comments that Atton will be a hoot.

As for Bastila, I have began a DS male in Kotor and will wait and see how the romance plays out.

Since I am female, I enjoyed the Carth romance.  I know many people thought he was whiny, but IMO he was really well fleshed out.  Dave Gaider did a great job with him.  The dialogue options were great and he seemed, *real*.

I'm looking forward to playing Kotor 2 when it comes out for pc so I can see how Obsidian have developed their characters.  Since I'm ignoring the criticism on thses boards until I can play it for myself, I for one am optimistic.  It already sounds from comments that Atton will be a hoot.

As for Bastila, I have began a DS male in Kotor and will wait and see how the romance plays out.

I enjoy getting to know the characters as well, and it was the chracters in the first game that truly made KOTOR enjoyable, imho :p

Here's hoping you enjoy KOTOR2 as much as I am.....you'll find that influence plays a large role, so getting to know the other characters isn't as simple as talking to them everytime you level-up, but how much they like you and what path you have chosen.....and BEWARE OF SPOILERS here!