"Last of the Jedi"

Meh. People who bash E1&2 are the ones who are likely to overrate E4-6. I find the movies - all 5 of them - about the same quality wise. The difference is that those who watched those movies when they ar eyoung on now getting up there. Meh.

I'm sorry, only people who think what Chewbacca said was good dialogue actually think that E4-E6 has great dialogue.

And,s orry,"Luke, I am your father." is NOT good dialogue.

R00fles!

Interesting point there. Which out of the 5 would you say had the best dialogue?

- dr cloak

That's a tough coice sinc eit's been awhile since I watched the originals let alone the newer ones. I'm not the biggest SW fan. <>

IIRC, I think E1 and the scenes with Luke on his "home" planet took place had some of the better dialogue. E1, overall, I think would win even though it isn't without its cheesy moments (ie. Leia and Han Solo's interactions).

Of cours,e this doens't mean I dislike the movies. I think they're all pretty good movies. Not the "best ever"; but solid nontheless.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's a tough coice sinc eit's been awhile since I watched the originals let alone the newer ones. I'm not the biggest SW fan. <>

IIRC, I think E1 and the scenes with Luke on his "home" planet took place had some of the better dialogue. E1, overall, I think would win even though it isn't without its cheesy moments (ie. Leia and Han Solo's interactions).

Of cours,e this doens't mean I dislike the movies. I think they're all pretty good movies. Not the "best ever"; but solid nontheless.

I'd say the worst movie for dialogue was Phantom Menace, only because of Jar-Jar lol. He sunk the film for me.

- dr cloak

"only because of Jar-Jar lol"

Meh. I agree. Hate that little booger. But, the ewoks beat him because there's so many and Chewbacca is just as bad.

"Too bad the actual line is "no, I am your father".

I have no idea were "Luke, I am your father" line comes from but it certainly not from the movie."

It's been years. Either way, the line is cheesy and makes light of such a dramatic scenario. It's doubly worsen by the fake way Mr. Vader delivers the line. It feels so ungenuine.

"only because of Jar-Jar lol"

Meh. I agree. Hate that little booger. But, the ewoks beat him because there's so many and Chewbacca is just as bad.

"Too bad the actual line is "no, I am your father".

I have no idea were "Luke, I am your father" line comes from but it certainly not from the movie."

It's been years. Either way, the line is cheesy and makes light of such a dramatic scenario. It's doubly worsen by the fake way Mr. Vader delivers the line. It feels so ungenuine.

It really must be nostalgia that has clouded my judgment, as well as the high expectations for Episodes I, II, and the upcoming III that has made it hard for me to accept TPM or AotC. I would never even dreamed of comparing Jar-Jar to Chewbacca -- maybe the Ewoks, but Chewie?? Wookies kick ass, imho.

And sure, the dialogue ain't the best, but James Earl Jones is the Man.

Well he did not knew what the line was, only when watching the movie he knew.

But its not the worst line I seen on the OT movies, there is a lot of bad dialogue but acting was better that in the prequels, just watch Portman that just stands there delivering her lines and then compare her with other movies.

If its not the actor then its the director ...

drakron.png

seriously? i thought it was a good scene. obviously it was not oscar award calibre, since none of the dialogue we saw in the star wars films were, but i thought it was done well within the setting of the movies.

But its not the worst line I seen on the OT movies, there is a lot of bad dialogue but acting was better that in the prequels, just watch Portman that just stands there delivering her lines and then compare her with other movies.

oh god, as much as i liked her in other films, imo she was absolutely horrible as the choice for amidala. she cannot pull off playing someone of royalty. her acting was so robotic and not believable.

"James Earl Jones is the Man."

I like him too; but he isn't perfect and this is one of those times.

"It really must be nostalgia that has clouded my judgment, as well as the high expectations for Episodes I, II, and the upcoming III that has made it hard for me to accept TPM or AotC. I would never even dreamed of comparing Jar-Jar to Chewbacca -- maybe the Ewoks, but Chewie?? Wookies kick ass, imho."

Chewbacca was nothing more than a pet carpet. He pretty much added nothing to the originals eries. if there wa sone character that could be removed and/or replaced and the movie basically keeping the same note; it be him.

"seriously? i thought it was a good scene. obviously it was not oscar award calibre, since none of the dialogue we saw in the star wars films were, but i thought it was done well within the setting of the movies."

The scene itself was done well. Just not perfectly and nowhere as good as many claim it to be. <>

"James Earl Jones is the Man."

I like him too; but he isn't perfect and this is one of those times.

isnt that more the actor who played darth vader's fault? (david prowse or something)

maybe james earl jones' words would have had more impact if prowse's movements were better coriographed to go with them.

"isnt that more the actor who played darth vader's fault? (david prowse or something)

maybe james earl jones' words would have had more impact if prowse's movements were better coriographed to go with them."

Well. It was the actual lines that bothered me; but I'd presume that consideirng how well they "worked" togetehr throughout the movie; that it was just a blip. The line itself leans itself to cheesiness and I just feel that the tone he used was off.

Anyways, I gonan stop here. I like SW, and don't want to spend time bashing a 20+ year series I enjoyed. LOL :thumbsup:"

I'm sure this has already been discussed many times, but I'm too lazy to search the forums.  But why are the movies and games always about the last of the Jedi?  I haven't read any of the books (I plan to during Spring Break), so I don't know about them.  I get tired of being the "last Jedi" alive.  I would love to see a huge influx of Jedi in KotOR III.  How, I don't know.  But I'm sure it can be done.  Then you could be part of a huge, epic battle in the end.  The engine would have to be new and some serious coding would have to be involved to optimize the FPS...  But am I the only person that thinks it would be awesome for the final showdown to be a large number of Jedi doing battle with a larger number of Sith instead of the usual "OMG I'M THE ONLY PERSON LEFT!!!  AHHH!!!"?  That's what it feels like every time I play an SW game.  Actually, it feels like that when I play most RPGs, but moreso with SW.  I think that's because the "Lone Jedi" thing has been milked and SW is more familiar than some new, original RPG.  $0.02

[EDIT]

LMFAO!  Sorry about the multiple topic posts.  I kept getting a MySQL error every time I tried to post.  So I decided to be stupid and go back and click the post button again, and got the error again.  And I did that a few times before I gave up.  I just checked back by chance.  Sorry!

[/EDIT]

I agree, it would be cool to have a haven f JediNess to go back to after a hard days work, you know, like a HUGE academy, like on Coruscaant in the movies. You could stroll around and cut up young padawans and blind jedis. mwahahahahahah

yeah, I got that MySqL error too, quite weird

I recently rented these new DVD's of the first 3, and I have to admit, it was kind of embarassing to watch. The dialog was better than the prequels, and the acting was a better, though sometimes only a little. The gungans and the ewoks are horrible, but it's Anakin who's acting is the worst. You always just want to punch him. The art direction is what has and will make star wars fun.

And sorry,"Luke, I am your father." is NOT good dialogue.

R00fles!

Too bad the actual line is "no, I am your father".

I have no idea were "Luke, I am your father" line comes from but it certainly not from the movie.

Probably from the same place as "Beam me up, Scotty." :ermm:"

manthing2.jpg

I recently rented these new DVD's of the first 3, and I have to admit, it was kind of embarassing to watch.  The dialog was better than the prequels, and the acting was a better, though sometimes only a little.  The gungans and the ewoks are horrible, but it's Anakin who's acting is the worst.  You always just want to punch him.  The art direction is what has and will make star wars fun.

My girlfriend got the OT for me for Xmas, and I proceeded to watch all 3 last weekend -- still enjoy them! Sure, it's kinda cheesy at times, but I enjoyed Vader more than ever! And I didn't remember Luke being so whiney..... :ermm:

What was this thread about again?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy