"Last of the Jedi"

I'm sure this has already been discussed many times, but I'm too lazy to search the forums. But why are the movies and games always about the last of the Jedi? I haven't read any of the books (I plan to during Spring Break), so I don't know about them. I get tired of being the "last Jedi" alive. I would love to see a huge influx of Jedi in KotOR III. How, I don't know. But I'm sure it can be done. Then you could be part of a huge, epic battle in the end. The engine would have to be new and some serious coding would have to be involved to optimize the FPS... But am I the only person that thinks it would be awesome for the final showdown to be a large number of Jedi doing battle with a larger number of Sith instead of the usual "OMG I'M THE ONLY PERSON LEFT!!! AHHH!!!"? That's what it feels like every time I play an SW game. Actually, it feels like that when I play most RPGs, but moreso with SW. I think that's because the "Lone Jedi" thing has been milked and SW is more familiar than some new, original RPG. $0.02

[EDIT]

LMFAO! Sorry about the multiple topic posts. I kept getting a MySQL error every time I tried to post. So I decided to be stupid and go back and click the post button again, and got the error again. And I did that a few times before I gave up. I just checked back by chance. Sorry!

[/EDIT]

I'm sure this has already been discussed many times, but I'm too lazy to search the forums.  But why are the movies and games always about the last of the Jedi?  I haven't read any of the books (I plan to during Spring Break), so I don't know about them.  I get tired of being the "last Jedi" alive.  I would love to see a huge influx of Jedi in KotOR III.  How, I don't know.  But I'm sure it can be done.  Then you could be part of a huge, epic battle in the end.  The engine would have to be new and some serious coding would have to be involved to optimize the FPS...  But am I the only person that thinks it would be awesome for the final showdown to be a large number of Jedi doing battle with a larger number of Sith instead of the usual "OMG I'M THE ONLY PERSON LEFT!!!  AHHH!!!"?  That's what it feels like every time I play an SW game.  Actually, it feels like that when I play most RPGs, but moreso with SW.  I think that's because the "Lone Jedi" thing has been milked and SW is more familiar than some new, original RPG.  $0.02

[EDIT]

LMFAO!  Sorry about the multiple topic posts.  I kept getting a MySQL error every time I tried to post.  So I decided to be stupid and go back and click the post button again, and got the error again.  And I did that a few times before I gave up.  I just checked back by chance.  Sorry!

[/EDIT]

Wow, that's a lot of repeat posts. But yeah, to answer your question, this bothered me a little bit, too. Because, you know, Revan was the driving force of the Jedi Civil War in KotOR 1, and it really didn't seem to me like the Jedi got "wiped out". There were thousands upon thousands of them, all engaged in the daily affairs of the Republic. I didn't understand how, at the beginning of KotOR II, they had been exterminated so thoroughly. There were some explanations about this within the story, but I didn't really buy them on such a wide scale.

Yeah, I kind of wondered about this theme in K2. I'm the "last Jedi" and yet a half dozen are still running around in hiding, not to mention some Dark Jedi running around. Then theres Visas, Kreia, Scion, and Nihilus to boot.

To the others in this thread: LOL for stating the obvious and wasting space.

- dr cloak

That's actually VERY Star Wars. Lucas was just defending the cannon of the EU on his website. He's introducing an EU character into Episode 3, and starting a tv show post Return of the Jedi where Luke will train new Jedi. While they won't be directly using hte plots of the books, the tv show will stick within the cannon of the EU novels.

Within the EU, Luke is the Last of the Jedi, but there are Jedi in hiding, and Jedi waiting to be training around the universe.

And in the history of Star Wars, both the Jedi and Sith have been hunted to near extinction before.

If there are tons and tons of Jedi, it's harder for one Jedi to be the most important in the Galaxy. If they did that, they'd just be copying the theme/plot of Episode 3.

I'd rather not see it.

last of the jedi is an ever flowing theme in Star Wars stories.

PRESUMEDLY the last Jedi there is, yeah. The character may appear to be the last Jedi around, but there's always others around who're hiding in one way or another...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

tpm was the biggest letdown i hav ever encountered film wise, especially since it was 20 odd years in the making. thankfully ep3 sounds as thought it shud make up for this fault

lol now onto the actual thread topic, im not to fussed about being the last of the jedi all the time, and in a rpg its not really going to work very well to have a huge final battle incorporating lots of allys and enemys, thats more fps or even rts style. however i do think they shud do a decent star wars rts, that has huge potential, having played lord of the rings battles for middle earth i can vouch for that theory

And in the history of Star Wars, both the Jedi and Sith have been hunted to near extinction before.

Sorry but no.

The Jedi Order never ceased until Palpatine make the Jedi Hunt, they had their rought times but never to the point were it disbanded.

Then again the Jedi Order changed over the centuries, I cannot stress this enough that what KotOR game display of the Jedi Order is wrong looking at the Tales of the Jedi comics.

drakron.png

tpm was the biggest letdown i hav ever encountered film wise, especially since it was 20 odd years in the making. thankfully ep3 sounds as thought it shud make up for this fault

TPM is a good movie. How people complain about that movie, and not AotC is beyond me. AotC really makes me just hide my face sometimes because I'm so embarassed for the actors.

I cannot stress this enough that what KotOR game display of the Jedi Order is wrong looking at the Tales of the Jedi comics.

And I can't express with words how happy I am that it's that way.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry but no.

The Jedi Order never ceased until Palpatine make the Jedi Hunt, they had their rought times but never to the point were it disbanded.

Then again the Jedi Order changed over the centuries, I cannot stress this enough that what KotOR game display of the Jedi Order is wrong looking at the Tales of the Jedi comics.

um ender said in the history of star wars, unless im mistaken the jedi purge is part of star wars history, so enders post seems correct.

btw why would the jedi order be 'disbanded' that means disolved from within.

rbr and dont be ignorant

ps now im just nit picking because ur post incensed me so much, your post is barely coherent you need to seriously sort out your word choice

TPM is a good movie. How people complain about that movie, and not AotC is beyond me. AotC really makes me just hide my face sometimes because I'm so embarassed for the actors.

The only thing I remember of AotC is Natalie Portman in tight white outfit. Anything else about it was worth forgetting. That and if the hero cries about it he can still do wholesale slaughter and get some. Anakin and Luke where strong in the whine side of the force. lol, they both grow out of it in different ways.

On topic I think it would be cool as well for the Jedi and the Jedi order to have a more grandiose presence. The republic wasn't the only time the Jedi had such a large scale presence. kotor tried to make it seem that way, but the map was so small it felt like a little outpost rather than a school for training jedi. It would also be nice for them to have more of a connection to the events going on rather than just a there. Run into some other Jedi on tasks for the counsel and maybe just help them for one mission the move on.

TPM is a good movie.  How people complain about that movie, and not AotC is beyond me.  AotC really makes me just hide my face sometimes because I'm so embarassed for the actors.

I complain about both of them, because I think both of them are garbage... And it's not the actors' faults, either. How would you do with that awful dialogue if you were forced to try to say it convincingly? I mean, come on, there were some good actors in both films, actors whose work I have admired in many other movies... but combine George Lucas' crappy dialogue with his crappy direction, and what do you get... "bad acting". Doesn't help that the stories of both films ranged from vaguely to completely ridiculous, either.

And yet, I will waste another $8 on episode 3, in the vain hope that Lucas actually pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gives us a decent movie.

Sorry but no.

i guess you missed the phrase 'hunted to near extinction'. :-

i guess you missed the phrase 'hunted to near extinction'.  :unsure:

No.

Only Sith besides Palpatine that made a dent on the Jedi Order was Kun and despite his success he never brought the Order down.

There was a battle that almost destroyed the Jedi but then again it destroyed all Sith except Darth Bane.

So there is no base to the Jedi Order being almost gone, the movie strongly give the impression the Jedi Order is as old as the Republic and neither EVER ceased to exist at one point in history until The Empire.

And who defines what looks "right"? LucasArts... and they seem to think Kotor looked right.

Well we all know Rookie One did not destroyed the (first) Death Star, Luke Skywalker did.

The "Tales of the Jedi" comics are the definite source over that era, only the movies and the movies novelization can override then.

Also what is "right?" on it comes to the Valley of the Sith Lords?

JK:A or SW:KotOR.

Since after all JK:A display a diferent look of the Valley that SW:KotOR and LucasArts autorized both products ... that alone sould say something about LucasArts fact checking.

(JK:A is the one that uses the TotJ comics as basis so its the right one.)

drakron.png

okay, firstly if you look at enders post properly you will realise it means this: both jedi and sith have at some point come very close to being completely destroyed.

this is quite true, for a long period the sith were whittled down to two (darth banes idea) and then there was the jedi purge, both ar part of star wars history

secondly if your foriegn i apologise for the following rant but if not your grammar is terrible! not bcos ur usin slang or nething but ur word choice and what form of the word you use

sort it out

i guess you missed the phrase 'hunted to near extinction'.  :thumbsup:

No.

Only Sith besides Palpatine that made a dent on the Jedi Order was Kun and despite his success he never brought the Order down.

There was a battle that almost destroyed the Jedi but then again it destroyed all Sith except Darth Bane.

So there is no base to the Jedi Order being almost gone, the movie strongly give the impression the Jedi Order is as old as the Republic and neither EVER ceased to exist at one point in history until The Empire.

again you seem to not understand what the phrase "near extinction" implies. you keep responding as if ender wrote that the jedi order had become extinct for a short period of time. :rolleyes:

TPM is a good movie.  How people complain about that movie, and not AotC is beyond me.  AotC really makes me just hide my face sometimes because I'm so embarassed for the actors.

I complain about both of them, because I think both of them are garbage... And it's not the actors' faults, either. How would you do with that awful dialogue if you were forced to try to say it convincingly? I mean, come on, there were some good actors in both films, actors whose work I have admired in many other movies... but combine George Lucas' crappy dialogue with his crappy direction, and what do you get... "bad acting". Doesn't help that the stories of both films ranged from vaguely to completely ridiculous, either.

And yet, I will waste another $8 on episode 3, in the vain hope that Lucas actually pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gives us a decent movie.

Yes, the dialogue was pretty bad, which lead to bad acting. Must be old age, eh?

-dr cloak

Meh. People who bash E1&2 are the ones who are likely to overrate E4-6. I find the movies - all 5 of them - about the same quality wise. The difference is that those who watched those movies when they ar eyoung on now getting up there. Meh.

I'm sorry, only people who think what Chewbacca said was good dialogue actually think that E4-E6 has great dialogue.

And,s orry,"Luke, I am your father." is NOT good dialogue.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.