Which is more of a true RPG?

EnderAndrew

GTA from what i've seen of it.

Diablo's plot is as simple as it gets - go kill BBG. Many RPGs have that plot; but they seem to add more than it just being BBG (see BG series) or in PST's; there is no "real" BBG though in some ways it actually has one to. Still, Diablo's plot doens't really exist.

And, Diablo has no real character. Unless you just mean stat progression.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't you feel dirty saying that?

I'm curious. Have you played GTA:SA? The character of CJ inhabits a world where people know him, and react to his actions in the world. Your dress, tattoos, hair style, body build, and sexual appeal will ellicit different reactions from NPCs in the world.

In GTA:SA, you have a leveling system with various skills.

GTA:SA actually has a fairly deep and interesting plot, with some great voice actors including Snopp Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson.

GTA:SA allows you to have a party (the number of party members is determined by your skills and reputation).

In GTA:SA, your character can actually atrophy, get fat, lose sex appeal, lose reputation, etc. In Diablo = clicking equates to automated leveling.

In GTA:SA you can solve missions with multiple solutions. In GTA:SA, you have a huge world to explore instead of forced linear dungeons. In GTA:SA you can influence and change the world around you.

Again. Which is more of an RPG? Diablo or GTA:SA?

I own Grand Theft Auto SA and I beat it. I can see where it could be an RPG, but the only RPG's I have ever played are Kotor1 and Kotor2...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Don't you feel dirty saying that?

I'm curious.  Have you played GTA:SA?  The character of CJ inhabits a world where people know him, and react to his actions in the world.  Your dress, tattoos, hair style, body build, and sexual appeal will ellicit different reactions from NPCs in the world.

In GTA:SA, you have a leveling system with various skills.

GTA:SA actually has a fairly deep and interesting plot, with some great voice actors including Snopp Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson.

GTA:SA allows you to have a party (the number of party members is determined by your skills and reputation).

In GTA:SA, your character can actually atrophy, get fat, lose sex appeal, lose reputation, etc.  In Diablo = clicking equates to automated leveling.

In GTA:SA you can solve missions with multiple solutions.  In GTA:SA, you have a huge world to explore instead of forced linear dungeons.  In GTA:SA you can influence and change the world around you.

Again.  Which is more of an RPG?  Diablo or GTA:SA?

Yes, I have played it. What you say is true, and I believe GTA:SA is a good game - however, my tastes vary. I, personally, do not like it. We are judging on opinion. Some of the ideas incorporated into GTA:SA were not to my liking. You illustrate the freedoms given to the PC, which I never really wanted to begin with. I feel like you aren't a specific character, but just some random guy off the street. Of course, I never really got into it as much as a game like Baldur's Gate II, which visually reminded me of Diablo. There were only little things that made me feel as if Diablo, though I despise it, was more of an RPG.

Diablo is a true RPG, because it allows you LIVE-ACTION ROLEPLAYING CHOICES. From the moment you are drawn into the character creation menu, you know that this is a TRUE RPG with DEEP roleplaying options. Will you play the wimpy mage, or the naked guy, or the stereotypical amazoness. Truly the number of choices thrown at you is overwhelming, a standard offering of true RPGs. As soon as you choose your character, again the game shows its true nature as a deep RPG by allowing you the roleplaying choice to name your character HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE. Roleplaying at its finest, for indeed the choice is completely yours. There's no 'illusion' here, the tyranny of choice is FULLY applied, and the choices will affect your gameplay experience as true RPGs do. As you roleplay and choose wisely who your TRUE ROLEPLAYING character will be, you are treated to a cutscene. But not just ANY cutscene. A LIVE-ACTION ROLEPLAYING cutscene. At the very beginning is yet another choice thrown at you. Do you skip it immediately, or immerse yourself further into the deep roleplaying story by observing what happens in the cutscene. Finally, as you made the ultimate choice, you begin the game.

I shan't say anything further for fear of spoiling the game and its brilliant storyline. But know this: the live-action roleplaying choices the game offers WILL overwhelm you, and you will know what true gaming is. Indeed, this is a RPG.

• Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

To Llyranor:

You should. Girls would buy it, especially if you continued mentioning the 'naked guy'. Your review was beautiful, just beautiful, heartfelt and true. [insert proper proud sniffling noises that parents do at their son's graduation].

I present you with two games.

I ask of you, of these two, which is more of an RPG?

Diablo or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Eh? What kind of question is that? I think it would be more fair a question if you compared SA to Super Mario Bros. Diablo just isn't RPG enough.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Never tried the GTA games, so it's not much of a comparison. Diablo however is no more a crpg than Unreal Torunament. It just has a slightly odd POV... <_>

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

GTA from what i've seen of it.

Diablo's plot is as simple as it gets - go kill BBG. Many RPGs have that plot; but they seem to add more than it just being BBG (see BG series) or in PST's; there is no "real" BBG though in some ways it actually has one to. Still, Diablo's plot doens't really exist.

And, Diablo has no real character. Unless you just mean stat progression.

I like to agree with that a little bit, even though some of you have bashed it.

In my view role-playing is acting as a character within the environment given, and these things could be very personal, and could be hard to say, right or wrong.

I don