PC or xbox

I know this may be the incorrect forum but I need some help.

I'm looking to buy Kotor 1 because I never actually finished it. I was wondering which system is better, xbox or PC. I have both and am looking for people who have played both for some answers.

(Im leaning towards PC)

It depends, which one you like better.

I heard the PC has an awkward interface. But the graphics are better.I myself would go with the XBOX, because I don't like using the keyboard for moving characters. That and I don't have a gaming computer. :blink:

Evolutionary Development

The interface for the PC version is far superior. I started my third playthrough of KotOR after beating KotOR II, and I'm playing it on the PC (even though I have the Xbox version as well). It's such a relief. Everything is so much faster and less awkward to deal with--selecting targets, feats/force powers/items, even browsing the menu system. Heck, even moving around feels more responsive and easier to control for me.

Then there's the graphics. If you have a nice system, you can crank up the resolution, antialiasing, ansitropic filtering, etc etc... won't make the models anymore detailed or the textures any fancier, but it does make everything look clearer, cleaner, and smoother. Which is a nice bonus.

But the number one reason for playing the PC version instead of the Xbox version is the technical aspect of the game. With a decent system, loading is almost instantaneous on the PC, whereas it was painfully long on the Xbox. Frame rates are better throughout the game. It makes the whole game more seamless and immersive, not to have jarring 30 second load times every time you go to a different area.

All of that rambling was basically a long way of saying: go for the PC version, it's better.

(edited out the references to the forthcoming K2 PC version because I'm tired and didn't read the original post carefully enough)

:cool:

Thanks, I hoped people would tell me to go PC.  Have you two played both?

I haven't, but if I had to choose between X-Box and PC, well, both cost the same, and PC has better graphics and shorter load times (well, depends on PC of course) :blink:

Just got a new PC for Christmas. Top of the line for gaming so I figure it will be fine :cool:

I heard the PC has an awkward interface. But the graphics are better.I myself would go with the XBOX, because I don't like using the keyboard for moving characters. That and I don't have a gaming computer.  :blink:

Awkward interface? What do you mean by this? Can I have some examples.

Ohh and for gameplay. Is the PC as good?

My wants are

1 Gameplay

2 Fast Load times

3 Non-buggy

4 Graphics (not as important as the others)

I heard the PC has an awkward interface. But the graphics are better.I myself would go with the XBOX, because I don't like using the keyboard for moving characters. That and I don't have a gaming computer.  :blink:

Awkward interface? What do you mean by this? Can I have some examples.

Ohh and for gameplay. Is the PC as good?

My wants are

1 Gameplay

2 Fast Load times

3 Non-buggy

The gameplay is exactly the same... the content is pretty much a direct port from the Xbox. But as I said before, the interface is much easier to handle, in my opinion. With a decent PC the load times are 2-3x as fast. Didn't notice any bugs on any of my playthroughs on the PC version. The graphics are nicer just because the resolution can be increased and you can turn on nice features like FSAA and Ansitropic filtering.

Awkward interface?  What do you mean by this?  Can I have some examples. 

He said "I heard"...

The only issue with the brilliant interface was that it didn't scale to higher resolutions, but that isn't a problem if you play lower than 1600*1200

Ohh and for gameplay.  Is the PC as good? 

My wants are

1 Gameplay

2 Fast Load times

3 Non-buggy

1) Don't know what you mean by that exactly, but gameplay is brilliant on PC

2) :blink:

3) Apply all patches

4) :thumbsup:

PC > all :blink:

Go PC far all things said above, plus you can mod it with cool mods, like the Storm Trooper Mod i have on right now, cool Mod robes and have extra planets like Ord Mandell Mod :thumbsup:

What exactly is the Carth bug?

It was a completely random lock up that happened while Carth was supposed to have some dialog towards the end of the game. Sad part was, it was totally random, but if it happened, there was no work around for it, other than to start a new game from what I remember.

I never experienced it, but I remember lots of posts about it.

If your PC can handle KOTOR - go for it. If not, Xbox is there. It's what I like about consoles, I don't have to worry if the game will work or not.

I got KOTOR 1 for PC, and I recommend it. You can patch the game when you click on the SW: KOTOR icon that starts the game, it says "Game, Configure, Update, Exit" so you click Update and it's all a piece of cake.