Under Visas Veil...

Unfortunately whether the Miraluka have eyes or not is a matter of debate. There is a big discrepancy out there in the printed material about this subject. Wizards of the Coast, who now do the SW role playing games, state that the Miraluka have non-functional milky white eyes. I believe this is also stated in the Tales of the Jedi Companion. In other sources like the Dark Horse comic Tales of the Jedi, The Freedon Nadd Uprising, the description goes something like the following,
manthing2.jpg

The most recent I've read on Miraluka was WOTC's 2003 Ultimate Alien Anthology which states that Miraluka have "nearly featureless eye sockets". It also lists Alpheridies as their homeworld. Aside from the colony mentioned in KOTOR II, it is the only world I've ever heard associated with the Miraluka. Where is it mentioned that Alpheridies is not their original world of origin? Always curious about stuff like that.

Her name is Shoaneb Culu. I think I remember seeing some pictures out on the web of her.

Thanks "Echo". :lol:

You were too quick for me... :p

Doh! for some reason that reminds me of Grounds Keeper Willey in the Simpsons episode where the school is on fire..."If I don't save the wee turtles, who will?... HELP, save me from the wee turtles! They were too quick for me!"

The most recent I've read on Miraluka was WOTC's 2003 Ultimate Alien Anthology which states that Miraluka have "nearly featureless eye sockets".  It also lists Alpheridies as their homeworld.  Aside from the colony mentioned in KOTOR II, it is the only world I've ever heard associated with the Miraluka.  Where is it mentioned that Alpheridies is not their original world of origin?  Always curious about stuff like that.

Wow...that's interesting. The Wizards of the Coast Tales of the Jedi Companion I have clearly states:

"The Miraluka closely resemble humans in form, although they have non-functioning milky white eyes.

The Miraluka's home planet of Alpherides lies in the Abron system at the edge of a giant molecular cloud called The Veil. Unfortunately, non of the standard trade routes pass near Abron. As a result, the Miraluka (who migrated to Alpheridies several millennia ago when theri world of origin entered a phase of geophysical and geo-chemical instability during which the atmosphere began to vent into space) have become an independent and self-suffiicient species.

Since the Abron system's red dwarf star emits energy mostly in the infrared spectrum, the Miraluka gradually lost their ability to sense and process visible light waves. During that period of mutation, the Miraluka's long-dormant ability to "see" the Force grew stronger, until they relied on this Force-sight without conscious effort."

*shrugs*

Yet more inconsistancies in the Star Wars universe. :lol:

-----

Her name is Shoaneb Culu. I think I remember seeing some pictures out on the web of her.

Thanks "Echo". :p

You were too quick for me... :)

Doh! for some reason that reminds me of Grounds Keeper Willey in the Simpsons episode where the school is on fire..."If I don't save the wee turtles, who will?... HELP, save me from the wee turtles! They were too quick for me!"

Gah! Was that the point he ripped off his shirt to reveal his 'manly chest'? :)

manthing2.jpg

Could've been worse. Given the time constraints they could've opted for a brown paper sack with a happy face scribbled on the front.

Now THAT would've made the game worth it's money! :-

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Could've been worse. Given the time constraints they could've opted for a brown paper sack with a happy face scribbled on the front.

Now THAT would've made the game worth it's money! :p

lol :lol:

PC: Why do you wear that bag over your head, Visas?

Visas: Closest thing at hand when my planet was being destroyed.