Revan, the Exile & KOTOR 3 (if it is ever made)

What the **** are you talking about?  Oh I get it, the whole "hey lets put stuff into his mouth to rally everyone behind me" routine.  Gotcha

No. Your arguments are valid, but I think most people'd prefer if you not ramble too much about how much you hate the game - it's kinda off-topic in this topic and there's many other threads where the many afults of KOTOR 2 can be discussed. And while you may be right about the many errors of KOTOR 2 (which I don't know too much about as I'm still waiting for the PC version), other people may still find the game to be a very good oen - why, I have this friend who has it on Xbox already and he says that "With the exceptation of the many bugs, I've got nothing but praise for this game!"

Dark Wanderer: I realize that it hasn't been established that KotOR is a trilogy, my suggestion was intended if that were the case. Obsidian's decision to leave the game without closure like that and what I've read in some interviews with Chris Avellone makes me think they intend to at least make KotOR 3 a true sequel to KotOR 2, should they make it. Should they also bring back Revan in a bigger role in the third game then the three games can be made into a trilogy. I'm hoping this will happen.

Well, hoping costs you nothing :D. But indeed, if KOTOR 2's endign is idneed as unsatisfyign as they say, then a possible reason for this could possibly be a seqiel. Otherwise, leaving the story as a cliffhanger is never a good idea <_<.

Also if the first three games were made into a trilogy that doesn't mean that there can't be any more KotOR games. There's still over 3500 years between this timeline and Ep1, I'm sure there's plenty of untouched space to continue quite a few new stories. And before this timeline there's plenty of space also, being as the Republic here is 25000 years old. I think KotOR 3 should at the least give closure to KotOR 2 and at the best bring full circle both previous games. Since these two games are constantly compared to the OT, KotOR (ANH) and TSL (ESB), the very least they can maintain continuity in their cast, after all you didn't see new protagonists taking over in ESB and then again in RotJ.

Yeah, so much in t heKOTOR series is left unfinished, it seems. A third game could indeed finish the circle, so to speak. But considering how disappointed many seem to be about KOTOR 2, they would not be allowed to make a mistake about this one. Hmm, perhaps whoever makes KOTOR 3 should invite Hades_One to investigate what they've made and then give them his "Stamp of Approval" :(; without it they would not be allowed to release an eventual KOTOR 3 :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

i think kotor 3 should have some sort of conflict with the exile and revan but like many have said there are a lot of factors to be considered and the more factors the more difficult its sequal becomes. Id probably like a descendant of either revan or the exile and have the father or mother whichever train you in the ways of the force depending on the connection and how well your treated eg may expect more or less perhaps some sibling rivalry could be an interesting twist.

the whole plot im not sure on and who should develop it i dunno.

Ive heard a lot of bad things about kotor 2 from some people on the boards and im going to ignore it and get this game 1 because i want to, 2 because i want the continued story, 3 cause ive read good things also, 4 because i am going to make my own assesment of whether it was worth it bugs and all if any. :(

just a thought i had and decided to post what if kotor 3 contained a new hero and at the end it concludes with three heroes taking on the true sith obviously the three heroes defeat the true sith and could lead to kotor 4. In which one of the three heroes and various party members could appear depending on your choices. :( maybe a lil confusing seemed alright to start off with ;)

What interests me is that some believe TSL to be a mediocre game. Rather, I believe they mean that they think TSL is a mediocre game. I'm rather confused about how arrogant people can be when it comes to their opinion and expressing it as a fact. Basically: 'who the hell do you think you are?'

On regard of the, what some described as, whining, I can only add that I regret that some people feel that their opinion is somehow more valid than that of others, and continue to argue of meaningless points when it is obvious either side is merely defending opinions. Whether or not TSL sucks or not is completely irrelevant, especially in a thread about KOTOR 3

Personally, a perspective from Revan and the Exile would be entertaining, but I fear that this would make the game to easy. Perhaps they could make the Exile female (most people don't like K2 anyway, so I doubt they will be offended :(), and have them have a child. You, than play that side, as all sides try to ally you with them and vice versa. Than, as you side towards one side, or remain neutral, the losers try to strike you down out of jealousy and frustration.

It should make for an easy start, and a difficult end of the game. Also should open a possibility of guilds.

Mr U

You don't start at level 1 in BG2.  If you import your character from BG 1 to BG2, you start at whatever level you were when you finished the first game.  If you create a new BG2 character, you start at lvl 7 (which is the average BG 1 completion level).

Thanks for the info Epiphany, I realize you don't start out in level 1 in BG 2, I meant that couldn't KotOR 3 use something similar to what was used in terms of storyline or whatever, except fitting SW, so that the same characters could start from level 1 or similarly lower levels. And I also know you could import the original BG 1 character, but I never played BG 1 so I didn't get to do that, likewise there isn't the ability to import the PCs from one KotOR to another, at least in these two games so I was basing myself on that for the third also.

My bad, I thought when you said "Obviously crafted towards the SW style instead of what they used to explain why the character was once again level 1 after whatever level was held at the end of BG 1." that you were implying they could borrow the explanation of why your character was once again level 1 after whatever level was held at the end of BG 1.

i didnt read what?  you ignored the fact that you were wrong about associating mike gallo with working for obsidian.  i stated that he does not.  im not sure how thats me avoiding or not reading what you wrote.  and i dont see how that is me having no argument when my entire argument is the fact that you blatantly LIE to try and prove some obscure point youre trying to make.

all ive ever commented on towards you is the fact that your statement that mike gallo's comments are those of obsidian since you seemed to think he works for obsidian.  i pointed out that was a stupid and ignorant comment on your behalf since mike gallo is a producer at lucasarts, the same company youre saying should not be blamed for a rush job.

k

btw, i do agree with much of what you wrote.  perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, but my ONLY contention with anything youve said is the fact you used a quote by mike gallo, who is a lucasarts producer, as proof that it was obsidian's choice to rush the game out.  apart from that, what you wrote i do agree with (although i still enjoyed my play through because i thought the story and characters were strong enough to overlook some of the shortcomings).

k

What interests me is that some believe TSL to be a mediocre game. Rather, I believe they mean that they think TSL is a mediocre game. I'm rather confused about how arrogant people can be when it comes to their opinion and expressing it as a fact. Basically: 'who the hell do you think you are?'

On regard of the, what some described as, whining, I can only add that I regret that some people feel that their opinion is somehow more valid than that of others, and continue to argue of meaningless points when it is obvious either side is merely defending opinions. Whether or not TSL sucks or not is completely irrelevant, especially in a thread about KOTOR 3

Well spoken, oh silent pink one :)

I cannot really imagine the Exile, the Exile just relies on others for his power... what would happen if Revan came close to him? Would Revan just turn into some sort of ultra-loyal ally, or would Revan lead the whole thing?

Well, if they do ever meet, which I kinda hope they don't, I think Revan would be the one that leads, because he was the first, in terms of going

out and fighting the True Sith, so, if he had all encountered them, I think he would have taken the highest position, although the Exile being a wound, might even prove more powerful than Revan

also, Revan seems like a remarkable tactician, or at least that's how he is mentioned during K1, so I would expect him to be able to command better than his generals.

And Muad, I see you point, but it did continue the story of Revan in sort of an indirect way, so it would be like the Jefferson's occasionally, well that's not the word I think should be used but anyways, mentioning what's going on with the Bunker's after their show was done.

I agree with you saying that it is more like a spin-off, but I think OE did what they could with what they had. I mean, if they had you playing Revan as lvl. 1 again, people would complain because it forsaked the "realism", and I have no problem with that. However, it was needed, I believe, to have you playing a character that didn't develop during the events of K1.

That being said, I do wish that we could play as either Revan or the Exile again(not a baby born between them, that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth), but with the Force powers already gained between them, a new collection would be needed in additon to the old one, and I see just one problem with that at this moment. How do you keep it fresh, I mean even Force Storm got a little repetitive, but I don't see how many uber-powerful moves like crush would help that problem.

I completely agree with both of you Old Skool and Hades. This is why I am also disappointed with the continuous leveling up, it leaves little if any room for the same character to appear in any sequels which is why I always hope the game will have closure to avoid just this.

Yeah Hades, text endings really suck, leaves you expecting there's something more to do or see before the final cutscene kicks in. I really wish they had put in even a lame movie ending like KotOR 1, at least then I'd felt like the game was finished.

And no probs Epiphany, it was my mistake in the wording. Should have explained what I meant better.

First I'd like to stress the point that I have not played TSL yet, and therefore all my statements and opinions are based on my experiance of KotOR.

If the KotOR series continues then I believe that each story arc should have a new main character, whilst featuring cameos from the characters from earlier in the series if possible and applicable. The reason for this is the same as has been state several times already: by the time you finish an RPG game with a character (finishing that particular story arc), you are invariably near undefeatable.

Whether the KotOR series should continue or not I have yet to decide, not having played TSL yet.

To the comments from an earlier poster (with what appears to be little to no self control or sense of etiquette) I have just this to say: if you can't express yourself without swearing or seeking to insult or deride someone else then do not express yourself at all.

I'm rather confused about how arrogant people can be when it comes to their opinion and expressing it as a fact. Basically: 'who the hell do you think you are?'

I believe this sums it up.

I do so in many cases because I think that most people can figure out what is fact and what is opinion for themselves. For most intelligent people little things such as "in my opinion" is just not necessary.

If you can't decipher opinion from fact, you shouldn't be on the internet.

To the comments from an earlier poster (with what appears to be little to no self control or sense of etiquette) I have just this to say: if you can't express yourself without swearing or seeking to insult or deride someone else then do not express yourself at all.

Welcome to the internet.

That's not an excuse to stop being polite to each other. You're still interacting with human beings on the internet, so some level of courtesy and decency should be maintained.

High level characters are difficult to plan for, true. However, since we have this "Major Threat" beyond the rim, there should be no problems designing a game to challenge 25th+ level characters. This place is beyond the ken of human knowledge, make something up. Thats what GMs do. Yes, it requires creativity, but even extremely uncreative people can fake that if given enough time(and no, that isn't an obsidian flame). Maybe out there Sith thugs are cyber enhanced? Armored to the teeth? Maybe living in a harsh environment forced the average levels up? Theres any number of options for high level play. DnD has the planes, give the Old Republic the Outer Rim.

High level characters are difficult to plan for, true. However, since we have this "Major Threat" beyond the rim,

ha ha ha ha ha ya if the pc is in prison there could be a wealth of major threats beyond the rim.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Welcome to the internet.

That's not an excuse to stop being polite to each other. You're still interacting with human beings on the internet, so some level of courtesy and decency should be maintained.

Seeing as how the forum filters out bad words, swearing isn't an issue. Otherwise, I give the same amount of courtesy I'm given. *I* just don't care what kind of courtesy I'm given, because this *IS* the internet. If someone hates me, or calls me a fat pig, or says **** YOU ****, my feelings will never be hurt.

Seeing as how the forum filters out bad words, swearing isn't an issue.  Otherwise, I give the same amount of courtesy I'm given.  *I* just don't care what kind of courtesy I'm given, because this *IS* the internet.  If someone hates me, or calls me a fat pig, or says **** YOU ****, my feelings will never be hurt.

Yeah, but *you* are not the only person overhere.

personally, id like a resolution to the series. the 'ideal' situation (from a purely story point of view) would be to have the party in kotor3 have both revan and the exile in it, with one or the other as the playable pc. this way the story can finally be concluded and this saga ended without having to resort to introducing a brand new pc and have to try and weave this new pcs story with that of revan and the exile. but from a gameplay point of view, this would be near impossible, what with the high levels both revan and the exile have achieved, not to mention the high levels that all party members from kotor1 and 2 have achieved.

im torn between which option would be best. on one hand, the part of me that enjoys the story aspect wants to see a final conclusion to this saga and also wants to see revan and/or the exile as a big part of that conclusion in some major way. on the other hand, i found tsl extremely easy to beat and if kotor3 had either revan or the exile as the playable pc character that would mean it would be even easier.

in any case, i want the third game (if there is one) to be the final installment of the kotor series. if more games are made in this style (and i think there should be, since the star wars universe is quite large), it shouldnt be under the 'kotor' name.

Raven would have his/her mind back. She should know everything thats happening and her history. The exile might be better because you had more control of him. You had a effect on her past.

I want a new PC. I think you should be able to choose race and sex. Those choices should effect were you start at and how people treat you. Also who you choose should effect starting Items and credits.

I also just want a yes and no part at the start.(ex. Was Raven LS yes or no.) So the game will adjust from the start. I also want to use pain as a way to get party members to tell me things.

Also alot more force users to fight. Maybe something if you lose a fight. Go to jail lose all your items lose exp. points.

I'm not really worried about the story. Because no matter what I think it should be I know I would be wrong :p

Welcome to the internet.

LOL. You should follow your own advice. Only then do you qualify to preach this type of stuff.

- dr cloak

LOL.  You should follow your own advice.  Only then do you qualify to preach this type of stuff.

- dr cloak

OK. If you make such a statement I expect you did some research. Can you please quote me where I was not being polite? If you can't, then your remark is IMO complete BS.