Revan, the Exile & KOTOR 3 (if it is ever made)

Man, such aggression. You are disappointed with your game and thought you wasted the money and time playing it. Every gamer has been through that at least once. Your experience is nothing new so you need to take responsibility for your actions and say "I bought a bad game." Then do something about it. Yelling and complaining on the message boards will change nothing. Trust me, I know.

Return the game, sell it on E-Bay, or give the game a satisfactory whack with the hammer and shatter the discs. In either case you will feel better afterwards.

What the **** are you talking about?  You really are clueless about the whole situation.

Please do yourself the favor and add me to your ignore list, so that in the future, you don't have to concern yourself with matters you know nothing about.  I will do the same, so I don't have to read inane ramblings from people that don't own the game speaking from their ass on a forum that's dedicated to said game.

Can't you just not read/respond to his posts if they annoy you? Putting him on your ignore list sounds a little whiny to me...

The only reason you tell him that, is because you want to flame him/argue with him. If you really wanted to ignore him, you wouldn't tell him, you just would just ignore him... :p"

Can't you just not read/respond to his posts if they annoy you? Putting him on your ignore list sounds a little whiny to me...

The only reason you tell him that, is because you want to flame him/argue with him. If you really wanted to ignore him, you wouldn't tell him, you just would just ignore him... :p"

It's called telling the person so they don't waste their time responding to you. Last bit of courtesy. Since, it would seem rather hypocritical if I were to claim I ignored said user, then started a flame war with them after the fact wouldn't it? Man, they're coming out of everywhere today...

Epiphany, you are responsible in having that game in your collection. You choose to believe the developer in that interview. It is your fault that you bought the game. Deal with it in a constructive manner. Like I said, return it, sell it on E-Bay, or shatter the discs with a hammer. Personally I like option three, and I have done so to very bad games like Lionheart.

There is no reason for us to be flaming each other.

If wasting money on ONE game angers you... I've wasted money on atleast four-five games for the Gamecube, all the reviews tricked me into believing they were actually good. Sure I've purchased good games for my Gamecube, but all the money I wasted that I regret I did could have bought me four new Gamecubes.

That is why I never trust the developers or the reviewers. I wait for a bunch of people buy the game and hear their responses to the game. Remember, Developers, Publishers, and Reviewers all have a vested interest in you buying the game and never trust a person with a vested interest in what they are talking about.

That is why I never trust the developers or the reviewers.  I wait for a bunch of people buy the game and hear their responses to the game.  Remember, Developers, Publishers, and Reviewers all have a vested interest in you buying the game and never trust a person with a vested interest in what they are talking about.

I think developers do have some sense of honour to deliver a good game. I know if I were a developer I wouldn't like having my name connected to a POS.

That is why I never trust the developers or the reviewers.  I wait for a bunch of people buy the game and hear their responses to the game.  Remember, Developers, Publishers, and Reviewers all have a vested interest in you buying the game and never trust a person with a vested interest in what they are talking about.

Reviewers don't necessarily mean to get you to buy the game, but I guess they can be bribed.

I actually prefer renting a game or some sort of playable demo of it. I will never trust people's words. You have all this people so crazy about Halo 1 and 2, and once I bought them I still couldn't see what the heck was so good about them, I still prefer Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.

But games cannot be rented here in Sweden. Atleast I've not heard of it...

EDIT: And also games here are really much more expensive than in USA. Here a game costs almost as much the cost of two copies of the same game in USA.

Reviewers don't necessarily mean to get you to buy the game, but I guess they can be bribed.

I actually prefer renting a game or some sort of playable demo of it. I will never trust people's words. You have all this people so crazy about Halo 1 and 2, and once I bought them I still couldn't see what the heck was so good about them, I still prefer Goldeneye or Perfect Dark.

Ahhh, the good old days of Goldeneye :) . IMO the second best N64 game (well, nothing beats Mario Kart :) ). I still remember playing Goldeneye multiplayer with a couple of friends for days and days... :cool:

As for not believing Developers it has nothing to do being wise.  Its called being experienced.  Let me give you a bit of advice, never believe the developers or publishers when describing their game.  They are like snake oil salesmen.  :)

I think Snake Oil Salesmen are some of the most respectable people in the world.

Damn, I decide to leave the computer a few hours and look what has happened once I get back :). Well, as for the comments made here:

Epiphany: I respect your option if you don't want a KOTOR 3 being made, as stated in my first post. However, that's no excuse for turning this topic's attention towards KOTOR 2 and it's flaws as it wasn't the purpose of this topic (althrough blame of doing that isn't entirely yours) <_<.

Icon: Perhaps you're right there. Still, a game twice as big as the previous games would be nice to see even if it is, as you say, a somewhat unrealistic wish considering the amount of work it'd take to get that done. Anyway, it's probably true that people who has played both games (or just one of them but have heard lots of stuff about the other one :)) are more than tired of following the KOTOR series from a perspective of an entirely new character. Now people instead want to pick off where they left off, be it with Revan, The Exile or both, or that's the feeling I get...

Meshugger: I can agree about the issuse of NCP's hard to determite who should survive or not. But as for the male/female and darkside/lightside matter, that could be solved through dialouge in the beginning of the game. Or whatever way you get information in the beginning. The _effects_ of either Revan or the Exile being male/female, darkside/lightside is another matter through. Well, as you say, it's a fine mess to writte :) . But if it could succeed at least, somewhat well, then...

Ostkant: I see. Well, as you say, I myself would indeed, regardless of the style choosen for an eventual KOTOR 3, like there to be a meeting between Revan and the Exile at some point in the game, regardless of how it turns out :).

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

You play the role of a dashing young lad who just happens to be force sensitive, You hear an echo within the force that almost deafens you. You go to find it out with a couple of friends you meet on the way. You get sidetracked on one planet, when you accidentely get involved in a space battle. For your part in it, the Exchange comes after you, with good or bad intentions, as does the Republic or the Sith. You could join either, and your choices affect you majorly.

Republic-Good

Sith-Bad

Exchange-Either

Needless to say, you shed your responsibilities, and travel to Mordor, so to speak. That's when the Force Aborigines come in.

As for the

True Sith

and a plot twist, give the developers at least 4 months of hardcore writing for that.

Needless to say, the Exile would probably play a bigger role than Revan, because Revan had been away longer than the Exile, but you could put this point up, if you change how close a time frame you put in place...

So, we have the Exile, and we have Revan.

I know it would be very difficult to program, but something along the lines of Legacy of Kain: Defiance would be oodles of fun. Have the game switch back and forth as you sweep through the Sith Empire like a mist of bad air freshener. This could get really fun if Revan is LS and the Exile is DS. :devil:

I just wonder which one would get T3-M4, HK-47, and Mandalore.

--Gheralt

Again I have to point out that using Revan or Exile in the third game would be stupid. They are far too powerful to warrant their use and still keep game balance and the challenge level up.

What the hell am I saying, KotOR games are obviously for idiot gamers. They need to be super easy. :devil:

It was Obsidians choice to release the game in December.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo. "We recently completed a very important milestone which confirmed we can confidently do this."

yet another person who likes to bash without the actual information. as i said to the other whiner, mike gallo is a LUCASARTS employee. he was in charge of the project from lucasarts' end.

Ignore her... she has proved over the past 2 days that she is a complete ignoramus whom knows nothing other than how much she detests KotOR2, due to false pretences...

i know. i also hate coming off as a 'fanboy', but these people who dont have a clue about facts and use absolutely false statements (such as ephiphany did) to try and 'prove a point' are annoying.

the fact that they keep quoting a lucasarts employee's statements as some kind of proof that obsidian is at fault just makes it even more annoying to read.

Thjey could just say Revan and the Exile died fighting the sith. It would be the easy way out and I wouldn't mind, but there would probobly be alot of people that wouldn't like that very much...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

To the original question I'd say option 2.

Considering KotOR 2's ending, I think it is very important from s storyline standpoint to have the pricipal chatacters for KotOR 3 be either Revan, the Exile or as option 2 suggests both which is what I'd prefer.

To bring a brand new protagonist would further disconnect the games' stories from each other and establish definitively that this is in fact no trilogy but a loosely linked series of events in the same timeline, that does not make a sequel or a trilogy.

Hey Hades: I've been reading the d20 page you sent me thanks for that. While I'm still not too clear on the rules, I do understand what you talk about the original 2 protagonists being too powerful. Do you think it maight work in KotOR 3 if they did something along the lines that was done with the protagonist of Baldur's Gate 2? I don't know if you consider BG2 to be a good CRPG or a bad one, but it was the first real CRPG I ever played and since it used the same protagonist and many npcs from the original could something like that not be implemented so that KotOR 3 could have Revan and Exile as the protagonists? I don't mean exactly the same premise but something like it fitted for the SW universe.

Mike Gallo doesn't work for Obsidian, sillies. Mike Gallo is/was in chrage of the LA branch of the project. Also the developers don't say when the game will be released, that's the job of the publisher. A publisher says "Game's ready to go now!" and ships it out the door. The developer just makes the game and polishes it to the breaking point.

You know what I hate? People who think they're so-cool-and-oh-so-smart so they can go around cussing everything out. Sorry, it just lowers your credibility and makes you look moronic.

Personal bias = okay.

Keeping your own personal bias to yourself (in your case, your bias to bioware) = Priceless.

Now, back to the real topic. I'd like to see Revan and Exile maybe show up in the game. Both characters have had their good, long run. It's really time for something new.

Fnord.

Again I have to point out that using Revan or Exile in the third game would be stupid.  They are far too powerful to warrant their use and still keep game balance and the challenge level up.

What the hell am I saying, KotOR games are obviously for idiot gamers.  They need to be super easy.  :p

I won't say that you don't have a point there. but.. Well, for me, at least, difficulty doesn't matter as much as a good story. A game that is easy in terms of gameplay (like easily defeatable foes) is, I have learned, far from as bad as a game that has foes that is hard to beat but a crappy story.

And couldn't it all be solved by making the foes strong too? (I know, it's kind of an amateurish statement, but keep in mind that I'm not as familiar with the rules as you are, so I don't know what's possible and not possible, etc...)

Thjey could just say Revan and the Exile died fighting the sith. It would be the easy way out and I wouldn't mind, but there would probobly be alot of people that wouldn't like that very much...

Well, I admit thatit could be an acceptable solution, but... Well, it's simply a too easy solution for my taste, so I'd prefer if they did not use it...

Considering KotOR 2's ending, I think it is very important from s storyline standpoint to have the pricipal chatacters for KotOR 3 be either Revan, the Exile or as option 2 suggests both which is what I'd prefer.

Yeah. It'd perhaps be for the best if the third game picked up where either the first or second game left - both left loose threads that we've not yet seen tied up. A game where we'd paly as Revan, the Exile or both could tie these loose ends nicely :).

To bring a brand new protagonist would further disconnect the games' stories from each other and establish definitively that this is in fact no trilogy but a loosely linked series of events in the same timeline, that does not make a sequel or a trilogy.

True. That's it, IF they intend to make it a trilogy. After all, from a certain point of view (business point of view), making the KOTOR series a "loosely linked series of events in the same timeline" as you call it would be benefical. After all, a trilogy has to end after three aprts, correct? but if it's a loose series, then there's no end to how many sequels they could create :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Mike Gallo doesn't work for Obsidian, sillies. Mike Gallo is/was in chrage of the LA branch of the project. Also the developers don't say when the game will be released, that's the job of the publisher. A publisher says "Game's ready to go now!" and ships it out the door. The developer just makes the game and polishes it to the breaking point.

You know what I hate? People who think they're so-cool-and-oh-so-smart so they can go around cussing everything out. Sorry, it just lowers your credibility and makes you look moronic.

Personal bias = okay.

Keeping your own personal bias to yourself (in your case, your bias to bioware) = Priceless.

Now, back to the real topic. I'd like to see Revan and Exile maybe show up in the game. Both characters have had their good, long run. It's really time for something new.

To you, and the other guy crying about Mike being LA only.

Please read this. You notice that Mike was considered a producer, and Chris said that he could always be trusted in interviews and information regarding this project. Chris talked about how he busted his ass to get things done and whatnot, for Obsidian.

What he said, echos the feelings of Obsidian as far as I'm concerned, based on this interview.

Queue fanboy rally. Have fun.

Had I said that over and over, or pointed out all the horrible flaws in this game, you'd still be crying to your mother because someone doesn't like your game.