Help me please. Need new game.

Kalesar

Hey, why not push the envelope even further and allow even MORE live-action roleplaying choices. Let the player choose have access to 10 different healing spells. Ths first will heal 1 hp, the second 2!!!!! And the third would heal 3!!!!!! Multiply that and you get unlimited options. Whoa, there, don't go overboard on the choices there. The world isn't ready for this kind of innovation.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hey, why not push the envelope even further and allow even MORE live-action roleplaying choices. Let the player choose have access to 10 different healing spells. Ths first will heal 1 hp, the second 2!!!!! And the third would heal 3!!!!!! Multiply that and you get unlimited options. Whoa, there, don't go overboard on the choices there. The world isn't ready for this kind of innovation.

We're not discussing the merits of roleplaying options. The discussion was whether or not the magic system was good or not. Someone said you could do like 4 things in Morrowind's magic system. I am pointing out how untrue that is.

We're not discussing the merits of roleplaying options. The discussion was whether or not the magic system was good or not. Someone said you could do like 4 things in Morrowind's magic system. I am pointing out how untrue that is.

EVERYTHING in Morrowind involves roleplaying. It's a TRUE RPG.

In any case, all the 'possibilities' of MW's magic system were nice and all, but the spells themselves failed to impress. I'm pretty indifferent to it. Numbers mean nothing.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, I actually enjoyed Morrowind, and spent probably 150 hours playing it the first time. True, I now find it somewhat boring... but good God, 150 hours of RPG'ing pleasure? That's really getting my money's worth. I will buy Oblivion the moment it hits the shelves.

And yes, I will secretly hope that Bethesda discovers that there are more colors in the rainbow than dismal brown... :geek:

"That's about 222 different base effects just off my memory, and I'm not even that far into the game. Multiply that by 3 (yourself, touch, ranged), and then 5 (different casting triggers). Multiply that by the 10,000 different possibilities of power.

That's 33,300,000 spell effects you can create. Did I mention that when creating a spell, potion, or magic item that you can mix spell effects? I don't know the max, but I've seen items with three effects. Take 33 million to the 5th power and see how many custom spells or items you can make with the magic system.

Now compare that to a D&D magic system with something like 400 spells."

WOW!

That's just silly. I'd be more rude; but I think what you posted speaks for yourself.

You count "yourself, touch, rnaged" as different versions of spells? R00fles! That's lame. Many D&D spells do that as well. Gonna count them as different spells too?

Seriosuly, your various combination of spells is just silly padidng of stats that ends up being lame.

And, D&D has way more than 400 spells. Way more. As in unlimited amount. And, variosu ways to cast them. Heck, it has multiple spells systems at that. I guess you gotta coutn that to.

D&D magic wins.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You count "yourself, touch, rnaged" as different versions of spells? R00fles! That's lame. Many D&D spells do that as well. Gonna count them as different spells too?

Seriosuly, your various combination of spells is just silly padidng of stats that ends up being lame.

And, D&D has way more than 400 spells. Way more. As in unlimited amount. And, variosu ways to cast them. Heck, it has multiple spells systems at that. I guess you gotta coutn that to.

D&D magic wins.

Game over.

Yep. But it's more than that, it turns out that the more effects you combine into a single spell, no matter how weak those effects are, cause the spell failure chance to skyrocket, effectively negating the combination advantages.

Another L A M E thing about the custom spell system was that you had to purchase the spells from some shop wizard. Funny that even after attaining a level of power in which you could have kicked any mage's ass easily, you still had to get out of your Tower of High Wizardry to go shopping for spells. Not to mention you would be charged an insane amount of money for a moderately powerful custom spell you had designed. ROFL :lol:

They had an excellent idea for a CRPG magic system, which they managed to waste completely.

Suckage.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually Magic in Dungeons and Dragons, and the d20 System in general has thousands and thousands of different spells. There was one book that was published a little ways back that was supposed ot be a compilation of all spells in the d20 System that was open sourced,. It had about 1700 different spells. Add to the various metamagic feats and you have a fair amount of customizability for your spell caster. Add in material from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed with the Simple, Complex, and Exotic spell game mechanic with Diminished and Heighten effects you can nearly double if not triple that number.

Sorry, DnD wins.