Help me please. Need new game.

Kalesar

Ok well... Im bored... I need a new game and dont know what to get.

Im not all that much into shooters although some have been fun. Mostly looking for some rpgs to tide me over until NWN2.

Spose I should list the games I already own to narrow the responses.

BG and tales of the sword coast

BG2 and throne of Bhaal

PST

NWN SoU HotU

IWD Heart of winter and trials of luremaster

IWD 2

Mechwarrior 4, black knight expansion and mercenarys

Dungeon Siege

American McGee's Alice (hey it was kinda fun acctualy)

Drakan

Summoner

Ground control II

Dungeon Keeper 2 (there needs to be more games like this btw)

Vampire redemption and bloodlines

NOX

Age of empires II age of kings

Armed and Dangerous

Giants Citezen Kabuto

Sacrifice

Homeworld

Homeworld 2

Homeworld Cataclysm

Soul Reaver 2

Doom 3

Diablo (all of them but the expansion to Diablo 2) Dont think i want that tho

Command and conqure (not really into these games tho)

Septerra Core

Arcanum (although i never got out of the first village, bought a better game at same time and never went back and played it... maby ill play this one)

Age of wonders

Gothic 1 and 2

Black and white and creature Isle

Warcraft 2 and expansion

Warcraft 3 and expansion

WOW its fun but i just cant play any more MMORPGs, see next line for why)

DAOC (when you have 13 50th level characters.... its time to stop)

FF XI

SWG

Starcraft and expansion

Some old Kings quest game

Total Anahilation Kingdoms (there really isnt a suckier game)

Darkiablo..... err Darkstone

Omnikron

Orb (really not as good as Homeworld if you yourself are wondering)

Art of magic (ok so i was wrong, there is a game worse than Total Anahilation Kingdoms)

Sim City 2000 and streets of sim city whoo hoo (no sims please)

Kingdom under fire.. or warcraft 2.5... depends on how you look at it.

Wow i acctualy have an everquest cd.. thought i returned that..

Tribes 2 (downloaded patches for 4 hours.. played for 15 min)

Lords of the realm 2 and 3

Lords of Magic

Warhammer 40k

Enclave

Star wars force commander

Star trek armada

Star trek new worlds (didnt finish the last three but have no interest in trying them again)

I also bought some perimeter game a while back and havnt really tried much more than the tutorial, does it get good? or is everything always so small?

Oh forgot my PS and PS2 games. suffice to say, i have all the ff games out in america so far, and not much else, Brigadine and some others but they are in the closet and im too lazy to dig them out now.

Age of Mythology is good fun. As is KOTOR One, if you don't have it. After that I highly suggest the NOLF series - if you don't mind playing a girl. After that I'd suggest the first Deus Ex, and if you don't mind text adventure games try Zork (for wacky fantasy), The Enchanter Series (For serious fantasy), Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Heads or Tales of It (for the sheer hell of it!), or my personal favorite, Bureaucracy. MUDs (Multi-User-Dungeons) are also good if you don't mind text-based-games that were the first MMORPGs - but without the paying part for most of them. Goodluck finding a game.

Edit: Is it just me or did you not list Fallout? If you want a good, nay, fantabulous RPG - go out and buy it.

Fnord.

Edit: Is it just me or did you not list Fallout? If you want a good, nay, fantabulous RPG - go out and buy it.

'Nuff said. o:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Do NOT buy Divine Divinity unless you like Diablo-clones. It starts out fine so you belive its a real RPG but as you play it becomes more and more apparent that all the quests rely on "wander aimlessly until you stumble on the solution" and the hack n slash level just gets worse and worse

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ya...Fallout 1 & 2...in that order. Fallout 3 if you got adicted later.

If you like space planetary based combat and base making games...try this classic,tho old 1997 introduced game: Activision's Battlezone (1st edition...not the worse 2nd edition). Its my personal favorite still, and can still be played on a public server on internet. Game hard to find but still possible.

But try Fallout 1, else no one will ever respect you as a gamer...he he.

Do NOT buy Divine Divinity unless you like Diablo-clones. It starts out fine so you belive its a real RPG but as you play it becomes more and more apparent that all the quests rely on "wander aimlessly until you stumble on the solution" and the hack n slash level just gets worse and worse

I strongly disagree. Divine Divinity is not a Diablo clone. It's more like Ultima 7 or 8.

I recomend Fallout 1&2 aswell though. There both fantastic games.

Guest Surlent

Thief series are kickass games, if you like stealth games, that's the way to go.

Arcanum is good game worth of finishing at least once (IMHO even more than once).

Anachronox

Planescape: Torment

Thief Series

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'd like to echo:

Fallout 1 & 2

Arcanum is worth playing

Undying (if you liked Alice)

Also, why not try something like Civilization?

And if you like MMORPG's, Morrowind might be up your alley. Some people don't have the patience for it, but I'm actually having a good time playing it these days (believe it or not).

And if you like MMORPG's, Morrowind might be up your alley.

Except that Morrowind isn't an MMORPG.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Those that don't like Morrowind seem to be those who don't have the patience to deal with the skill progression system. MMORPGs have an even slower skill progression system.

And since Morrowind plays more like a singler player MMORPG than .hack, I think it's a fair comparison.

If you like MMORPG's, you may like Morrowind.

"Those that don't like Morrowind seem to be those who don't have the patience to deal with the skill progression system."

Please. You obviously missed the mass of other reasons why people dislike MW. Skill progression is the least of my worries about MW. And, I have more than enough patience to deal with fellow Net Dinks; I easily have enough patience for a silly game.... if it's good.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Many people also complain about the "dead" world, static NPCs, etc.

Yet, I've found that it just takes a while to really immerse yourself. It's a world most people aren't inherently familiar with. And most NPCs don't just annouce their whole backstory immediately.

The NPCs aren't great. I wouldn't say Morrowind has NPCs on the level of a Planescape, Fallout or Ultima. But the game world is actually well established, and interesting to explore when you really get into it.

When I talk to people about Morrowind, they either spent 200 hours in the game loving it, or gave up on it really quickly. I'm about 15-20 hours into my latest venture, and I'm actually really starting to enjoy it. Mind you, my first 5-10 hours included a lot of lame skill repetition and leveling. But now I simply adventure and don't worry about having to cast the same spell 100 times over again.

"It's a world most people aren't inherently familiar with. "

This doesn't really make sense. This was also true with the Ultimaes, FOS, and hosts of other games; but I had no problem "immersing" nyself into their worlds.

MW's problem is that it's flat. The npcs just come off as fake. The quests aren't that special. TOEE's quests had more depth to them. MW's quests just seemed to eb there to give the player an exuse to explore 80 mapes that look the same.

Meh. Glad you enjoyed. I'll say this though - MW is the best ES game. <_<

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It took me several attempts to get into this game. I fully "get" how the game isn't fun for a variety of people. I also see the strengths that suck people in for 200+ hours.

Morrowind is far from perfect. I'd junk the dialogue system, junk the skill progression system, and change some of the textures.

However, when I did some travelling I found some Dwemer ruins. The underground was quite nice. The Ashlands are nice. The Bitter Coast is a brown swamp, and it's a shame that's what many players encounter first.

Balmora is also a pretty ugly city.

MW's problem is that it's flat. The npcs just come off as fake. The quests aren't that special. TOEE's quests had more depth to them. MW's quests just seemed to eb there to give the player an exuse to explore 80 mapes that look the same.

Yep. Add to that a totally f*cked up magic system and you get the kind of game that makes me cringe just to think of replaying it.

Yet for some reason, I enjoyed the Bloodmoon expansion. Perhaps it hat something to do with a more compelling story and the fact that I didn't need to level up my abilities.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In fact the idea behind the magic system was brilliant. It was the only mana-driven magic system that could have worked, that I know of. The implementation was poor, though.