Future games you are seriously looking forward to.

BG:DA horribly disappointed me. But I did replay it with a friend on multiplayer, and that was better. I bought the game for like $10-$15 used at Hollywood video. So that was nice.

I have no intention to pick up BG:DA2. And I had no idea X-Men Legends was a DA clone until I played it.

Yes. BGDA's length (a;ong with its maan system) were the two big things I disliked about BGDA. That's why I didn't pay full price for it. 10 hour games aren't worth $50+.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Weird. I have only tried Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance together with a friend (we still haven't finished it) and it doesn't suck at all. Maybe if I try it alone? I thought that game was made to be played co-operatively and that the single player was just a by-product.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Weird. I have only tried Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance together with a friend (we still haven't finished it) and it doesn't suck at all. Maybe if I try it alone? I thought that game was made to be played co-operatively and that the single player was just a by-product."

It's amde to play it both ways. While, it's more "fun" killing with a partner; the game is stull fun solo. Afterall, nothing about the game changes at all either way.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry, Ender, but I only count my first run through the game when it comes to time/money spent ratios.  For a console game I have to have gotten 1 hour a game play for every $2 USD I spent for it be worth the money to even try the game out.  PCs its 1 hour per $1 USD spent.

Just to but in here, but that's just stupid. If a game offers unlockable content, then judging it solely on a single playthrough is purposely being obtuse. It be like judging a meal based off of just the soup course. if you want to pound your chest and judge a game, at least judge it on what it offers.

of course, you're going to rant and rave trying to justify your system. Save it, i'm tired of your hyperbole, doom, and gloom being posted everywhere. I just wanted to post my thoughts on your time/money spent ratio system.

Also, BGDA sold enough units to qualify as a platinum hit for Xbox. MS has to judge a game a commercial success to make them into Platinum hits.

Also, BGDA sold enough units to qualify as a platinum hit for Xbox. MS has to judge a game a commercial success to make them into Platinum hits.

And some good games don't have to get even the Platinum qualify to be cheap, a example is Sacred which is better than BG: DA and only costs 19.95

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

What Im looking forward to (not in any particular order)..........

1. Jade Empire: Im a sucker for good kung fu ;) movies and this looks to be shaping up into something special.

2. Dragon Age: Im interesting in seeing how it will turn out.

3. Neverwinter Nights 2 Probably won't be realeased any time soon but by the end of 2005 we should have a better perspective on how it will turn out and I want to see the type of games Obsidian can turn out.

• 4 years later...

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

now that dragon age has been released, it seems like most of these people have now gotten all that they wished for.

except duke nukem....

lol

for the few people who were around back then (vol mkreku and others): are you happy now?

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

We have one of these that is much less old.

you're missing the point!

everyone in this old thread has now gotten the games they were wishing for. i wanted to hear thoughts from oldtimers about it

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It is a little funny to see that Volourn has spent 4 years arguing over the same stuff in the same way. Talk about the definition of insanity :)

now you're starting to see why i resurrected this...

Jump for Joy? Dragon Age is the only "jump for joy" game on my personal horizon.

There are a few that I may buy if the feedback is good, or am vaguely interested in... KoTOR 2, NWN 2, The Fall (except the German version, out now, is apparently so buggy it's unplayable... shades of Troika, *sigh*).

I'd add games like Fallout 3 and Jagged Alliance 3D to my "jump for joy" list except they are at this point merely rumors, and to my knowledge haven't even been started. For all I know, they'll never be started so I'm sure not going to get excited about them at this point.

This is awesome though, particularly when Fallout 3 came out a year before DA. And JA3D is dead. :)

You do realize I've been arguing the same things with basically the same people, right? I think I have some buddies in the whole insanity thing. :)

Over the past four years I've celebrated the birth of my child and discussed numerous topics with my many friends on this forum. Sometimes we've argued, some times we've laughed. But that's the thing, I asked you a while back who your 'buddies' are on the forum and you said that isn't why you come here. You seem to come here to argue. It just seems pretty pointless.

edit: I'm not trying to be mean. I've sent you numerous PM's over the years trying to better understand your position and you've never responded. I just find it concerning.

Edited by Hurlshot