Future games you are seriously looking forward to.

I wanna try the Gothic series some time.  I can't say that I've ever seen a Gothic game on the shelves however.

Every hard to find the first Gothic game, but you can still buy Gothic II. Im pissed that Gothic II's expansion, Night of the Raven, wont be comming to the USA any time soon. :-

Ender, I suggest you try out the Gothic 1 demo. It gives you access to the first camp, and will give you a good overall sense of what the game (gameplay mechanics, combat, dialogue, story, etc) is like.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

How is it good?

Gothic 2 has piss poor controls.

Agree the controls were odd, but you can revert to the orginal controls.

There is no character creation.

Of course! You playing the nameless hero.

No immersion factor whatsoever. 

It plays like an action adventure game instead of a role playing game.  It sucked.

Well I was immersion into the story mainy the action adventure part i like. Its a AA with RPG elements. You have to think of the big picture. This is a story between the battle of the Gods. The nameless hero is a pawn. Gothic III is suppose to have a bigger story.

Thanks. I didn't think to look for a demo since I rarely download demos.

I sometimes demo software through other means. Ahem. I tried "demoing" Gothic 1 when it first came out. It crashed every time I tried to load it. Haven't touched any of the Gothic games since.

I'll confess, any game that forces me to play a specific character has one strike against it... and if that specific character is male, it has two strikes against it.

That said, Planescape:Torment is in my top-five favorites of all time. And the Gothic series is in my top-ten.

Yes, the Gothic controls are bumbling; but unless one has the IQ of boiled cabbage, they can be mastered within five minutes. Then you have a huge, seamless world to explore, people to meet, quests to do... immersion? I found myself totally immersed in the Gothic world, even if I was forced to "be" a specific male character with a specific history. Like most games, it took a certain amount of playing time before I began to understand the world I found myself in, and the people that shared it. Once I did, I was hooked.

I supposed Gothic is one of those kind of games that either you love or hate... and even those who love it are not blind to its flaws (I've met damned few people who love the annoying and time-consuming lock-picking process! Grrrrr! ) But I must say that I totally, completely and utterly adore the Gothic series. Perhaps one had to play Gothic I and then Gothic II in order (Gothic II being a true sequel) in order to get the fullest enjoyment from the games. I dunno.

I do know that Gothic started with two strikes against it, and ended up in my top ten. That's gotta count for something. ;)

Resident Evil 4

The Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth

F.E.A.R.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Fahrenheit

The Witcher

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Knights of the Old Republic 2

SWAT 4

Bio-shock

Also Cold Fear and Haunting Ground coz I luvs me my survival horror, even though I don't know much about them.

I'm 'pleased' to announce that after like 6 patches, the Fall is still as unplayable in its spanish version as it was in the first, unpatched german version. Way to go!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.