Future games you are seriously looking forward to.

I'd add games like Fallout 3 and Jagged Alliance 3D to my "jump for joy" list except they are at this point merely rumors, and to my knowledge haven't even been started.  For all I know, they'll never be started so I'm sure not going to get excited about them at this point.

Fallout 3 is no rumor. It's being developed by Bethesda softworks, but probabally won't be released for a long, long time. In the meanwhile, check out The Fall if your looking for a similar experience.

This The fall game actually looks like Jagged alliance meets Fallout. I guess it's the screenshots, that make me rather sceptical about it. Something looks so terribly wrong about this game and makes me think it'll fail horribly. Or it may not...

This The fall game actually looks like Jagged alliance meets Fallout. I guess it's the screenshots, that make me rather sceptical about it. Something looks so terribly wrong about this game and makes me think it'll fail horribly. Or it may not...

I havn't actually played it, but in the trailer the graphics looked alright. Real time shadows and vehicle physics. I'm not looking forward to it anywhere near as much as S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Bioshock or Fallout 3 though.

Apparently, appart from the 1986 chernobyl disaster, s.t.a.l.k.e.r. was inspired by Daggerfall, Elite and the Fallout games. Perhaps check that game out instead.

Apparently, appart from the 1986 chernobyl disaster, s.t.a.l.k.e.r. was inspired by Daggerfall, Elite and the Fallout games. Perhaps check that game out instead.

Uhm.. They're comparing a FPS to a fantasy RPG, a space trading simulator and a post apocalyptic RPG? STALKER isn't even an RPG! Well, it looks interesting nonetheless.

From the official site:

"This is a role-playing game without growing experience of your character, without changing characteristics and levels. We want the player to develop his real mastery, moreover Stalker is an FPS/RPG game and much depends on his ability to fight. Changing characteristics, levels and player's experience, to our mind, would destroy the realism we try to create. As far as the rest is concerned, this is almost a normal RPG game where players travel the Zone, collect artifacts, weapons, reveal anomalous zones, communicate and trade with NPCs etc."

I guess it is a RPG then..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Uhm.. They're comparing a FPS to a fantasy RPG, a space trading simulator and a post apocalyptic RPG? STALKER isn't even an RPG! Well, it looks interesting nonetheless.

No, but s.t.a.l.k.e.r. contains essences of all three of those games. To be inspired by does not mean to be similar to in any way.

I can't play games like Silent Hill .. I get too scared!  :ermm:

Silent Hill isn't scary. System Shock 2 is scary.

Darque I also like Survival Horror games, but I don't believe they have made enough progress in the past few years. The original Resident Evil was great, but since then what has been achieved? Graphics, and some original twists. What was that camera one on the Xbox? Anyway, it would be nice if a couple of big developers set out to create a revolutionary survival horror game on the scale of Half Life 2, something revolutionary to evolve the genre a bit.

No, but s.t.a.l.k.e.r. contains essences of all three of those games. To be inspired by does not mean to be similar to in any way.

Er, Daggerfall and Fallout, maybe. But how does a FPS with faint RPG traits hybrid relate to Elite? It seems like they are shamelessly trying to benefit from the name of one of the best games ever.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Er, Daggerfall and Fallout, maybe. But how does a FPS with faint RPG traits hybrid relate to Elite? It seems like they are shamelessly trying to benefit from the name of one of the best games ever.

Who knows? It hasn't been released yet. Don't forget that stalker has a detailed trading and clan system. Check out this movie.

Alien vs Predator is the definition of a scary game.

I've played both and both are scarier than Silent Hill. <_<

System Shock 2 wins for me hands down though. Far less obvious, far more psychological.

A very short list :)

VMBL (already released, just need to pick it up in the store after the weekend)

KOTOR2 (should be around in February)

Nothing else on my shopping list :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My sister owns all those sims games... ;)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In terms of RPGs: KOTOR2, Bard's Tale. And getting ahead of myself, NWN2 and DA. Jade Empire PC!

In terms of 'RPGs': Guild Wars.

FPS: Day of Defeat Source, Team Fortress 2, and basically every Valve game. Maybe Battlefield 2.

RTS: Chris Taylor's next RTS, and an Ancient China: Total War (haha, right) would be an instabuy for me. Nexus - The Jupiter Incident once it comes out in North America.

TBS: Civ4. Maybe Jagged Alliance 3 if it's any good.

Also not anywhere on the horizon would be the next Jedi Knight and the next Mechwarrior.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)