NWN2 or Dragon Age?

roshan

Which are you looking forward to more?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you looking forward to more?

• Neverwinter Nights 2
    • Dragon Age

NWN2. Bioware seems to have fallen into a habit of doing basically the same thing over and over again (story-wise, not setting) because they know it will sell. Obsidian OTOH is fresh, and new, and I trust them to create something unique and new, even if it is a sequel. I'll probably be getting both though.

Its sort of hard to make a pool like this on a NWN2, I am sorry if the result may be a little subjective.

But one of my personal rasons to support NWN2 is because how I have been playing NWN since the first day it was released, and how I went to studying about the world, write stories based on FR, and so many re-sources can be related to the world and the role-playing asspect of it. So I am looking forward to NWN2 more.

Additionally, I hear that Obsidian is the team behind Fallout, I remember I used to love the enveriment of the game (and FO2), I am expecting Obsidian show themselves skill in game design and out do Bioware's poor hand in NWN.

Both. NWN2 because it's D&D, I like Obsidian even though I've played 0 games of theirs and I love the original. DA because it's new yet familiar most likely, and BIo develops it.

"NWN2. Bioware seems to have fallen into a habit of doing basically the same thing over and over again (story-wise, not setting)"

Sure. Their games share similarities; but they alos have pretty big differences as well. Pretty much every developer has a 'style' they keep game from game. Only logical to do so.

"But one of my personal rasons to support NWN2 is because how I have been playing NWN since the first day it was released,"

"out do Bioware's poor hand in NWN."

Intertesting. You state that BIO did poorly with NWN1 yet you've been playing it since its release. I guess you like poorly made games.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm a little worried about Obsidian's technical talent. KotOR2 doesn't really seem to be the most optimized code out there. I know they didn't have much time to work on it, but that only means (to me, at least) that they're unproven in the technical department.

They're getting a full development cycle for Neverwinter Nights 2, so I think that game will show the true potential of the Obsidian programmers. It's just too bad it's a sequel and that they're not completely free to do what they want.

Bioware's titles have never delivered what I want from a game, so even though Neverwinter Nights 2 feels like yesterdays news, it'll still be more interesting than Dragon Empire. Unless Bioware suddenly decides to make Dragon Age an open ended game with huge maps and a good game engine..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

worried about Obsidian's technical talent

true potential of the Obsidian programmers.

huge maps

- So am I

- I fear we've already seen it (KotOR II).

- Huge maps don't make a game good, just the opposite just look at Morrowind.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Obisidian has Black Isle games to demonstrate for their capabilities.

PS:T demonstrates their potential.

Huge maps can be both good and bad.

I've never seen a truly great Bioware game. I've seen a few truly great Black Isle games.

I'll go with the Black Isle alumns.

"Obsidian has Black Isle games to demonstrate for their capabilities."

Not really. Some of Obsidian do. It's also a whole different set of circumstances.

"PS:T demonstrates their potential."

Potentital for a top 20 game. I much prefer FO1&2 as my examples of their potential.

"Huge maps can be both good and bad."

That kinda obvious. Depends what the huge maps are there for. Obviously MW "maps" are bad.

"I've never seen a truly great Bioware game. I've seen a few truly great Black Isle games."

2 great BIS games. 2 good BIS games. 4 great BIO games. BIO wins.

"I'll go with the Black Isle alumns."

I'll go with BIO. Obsidian exists partly due to BIS (and Interplay's) failure. BIO exists because of their successes.

I'll go with BIO. Obsidian exists partly due to BIS (and Interplay's) failure. BIO exists because of their successes.

Huh? What are you babbling about? Interplay hasn't failed. Remember that Herve has a plan for the company and he's following it. :)"

He'll show y'all when his new MMORPG is released, real soon.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Huh? What are you babbling about? Interplay hasn't failed. Remember that Herve has a plan for the company and he's following it.

He'll show y'all when his new MMORPG is released, real soon."

... LOL :D

P.S. And, I'll show him by not buying if it has passes the 1% chance of actually being released. :)

It's opinion. Why would I name them so you cna simply say no, they suck, lol? Anyways, since I don't mind being told games I like suck, I'll list 'em.

The Bg series. Awesome.

NWN: The Total Package tm is the *only* game to have a play life of more than 6 months for me. Good stuff.

KOTOR. I'm not the biggest SW fan, and I was not even going to buy this game even with the BIo tag on it until the x-box version was released and it almost universally cheered on even by those who would normally be anti Bioware. That says a lot right there though, admittedly, unlike the other games, I have more than a few major problems with this game. However, story and characters save this one (minus the silly amnesia and collect x amount of items).

Commence your attack on said games. :p;)

Eh. Horrid is way too extreme. The OC was solid. It, at least, ahd interesting npcs, enjoyable quests, and a decent main story even if it wasn't horribly original. That surely beats most games.

Still, KOTOR and the Bgs eries are geat on the strength of their SP alone. Though HOTU is as good as KOTOR and is probably BIO's best game when it comes to far fetching choices that matter. Any game where all your companions cna betray you gets 1 million bonus points from me. ;)

Bioware helped set the standard we're now seeing in books, movies, and games: a woman goes and betrays the good guys. Ugh. (Die Another Day, anyone?)

And I didn't even get to join forces with her. :(

Fnord.

Definitely Dragon Age.

Bioware has three games in my all-time top six. They have the track record, the autonomy, the talent, and the size to create games that can meet bloated expectations.

I'll end up getting both though.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

and the size to create games that can meet bloated expectations.

No they don't. *cough*Neverwinter Nights*cough* *cough*THrone of Bhaal*cough*

:p , Shouldn't you be the new Positive Hades One ?

reverted back to your old ways already, eh. :p

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.