sadists

ok, we has learned that an entire planet were nixed from kotor2... the droid planet. no doubt that setting would have been where the hk factory were revealed. unfortunately, Gromnir did not know that there were no actual assassin droid factory in the game. the factory were taken out, but the dialogue remained.

why?

what kinda pustule puts a quest in game w/o no way to resolve it? gosh, here is a thought: Remove The Dialogue if you is gonna remove the quest.

bunch o' obsidian wankers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i was disappointed when i found about this. i played through and got the entire hk-47 speech and expected that maybe one of the major quests would be to destroy the droid factory. then all of a sudden theres nothing about it.

i do agree that if a planet is removed due to time constraints then maybe the coinciding dialogue and story should be removed or atleast altered so that were not left wondering why we cant complete a quest.

Call me crazy but I was disappointed when none of the dialogues in the entire game reflected the resolution of the fuel problem on Telos. Or how about after you kill Nihilus and Visas' seems stuck in the past like some sort of Sith Rain Man? That was disappointing.

Nal Hutta maybe? I'd have liked to visit that world...Always wanted to cut down a Hutt with a lightsaber...

Nope. Sleheyron, which I think was a planet conjured completely out of the imaginations of the Bioware developers, but which has now been frequently referenced in both games.

Oh, and on the subject of the droid factory and the irritating bit of dialogue, I agree....but then, this game has many more 'loose ends' than the first one. Quests that lead nowhere, dialogue that becomes completely outdated, characters you've been more-or-less romancing who treat you exactly the same as when they just met you....and I still have no freaking clue whatever happened to the real Batu Rem. <_<

Definetely not one of TSL's strong points.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Yea. I would think myself a huge supporter of this game, but realistic in my views. All these problems really seem to point towards an unfinished work. There are lots of flaws in the plot and the tech end.

I'm not sure who decided to push this game out in time for Christmas, but they should be fired :p

The glitch stuff I can handle for the most part, but other things aren't acceptible.

I have heard some people say this game would have been better if Bioware would have done it. I don't really agree, but there is one thing I think they would be right about. I don't think Bioware would have put the game out before it was ready. Not saying it's any fault of Obsidian. You have do what the people writing the checks tell you. A company like Bioware, which I am predicting as being the next Blizzard, is getting the power that they can say "You're game will be ready when it's ready". Obsidian, though packed with lots of talent, isn't a powerhouse studio.

Just some late night ramblings on my part...

I just think that if this game came out in Feb with the PC version, it's my knowledge that was the original plan, then we wouldn't ever had such discussions on missing planets and plot holes....

Maybe it's just wishful thinking? :o

Yea.  I would think myself a huge supporter of this game, but realistic in my views.  All these problems really seem to point towards an unfinished work.  There are lots of flaws in the plot and the tech end.

I'm not sure who decided to push this game out in time for Christmas, but they should be fired :p

The glitch stuff I can handle for the most part, but other things aren't acceptible.

I have heard some people say this game would have been better if Bioware would have done it.  I don't really agree, but there is one thing I think they would be right about.  I don't think Bioware would have put the game out before it was ready.  Not saying it's any fault of Obsidian.  You have do what the people writing the checks tell you.  A company like Bioware, which I am predicting as being the next Blizzard, is getting the power that they can say "You're game will be ready when it's ready".  Obsidian, though packed with lots of talent, isn't a powerhouse studio.

Just some late night ramblings on my part...

I just think that if this game came out in Feb with the PC version, it's my knowledge that was the original plan, then we wouldn't ever had such discussions on missing planets and plot holes....

Maybe it's just wishful thinking?  :o

I agree of everything you just said.

I have heard some people say this game would have been better if Bioware would have done it.  I don't really agree, but there is one thing I think they would be right about.  I don't think Bioware would have put the game out before it was ready.  Not saying it's any fault of Obsidian.  You have do what the people writing the checks tell you.  A company like Bioware, which I am predicting as being the next Blizzard, is getting the power that they can say "You're game will be ready when it's ready".  Obsidian, though packed with lots of talent, isn't a powerhouse studio.

Precisely. When I hear people say, 'this game would have been better if Bioware did it', I want to slap them. In its concepts, KOTOR II is superior to the original both in characters and storyline. It's just the implementation of those concepts and characters where it falls behind the original....and, frankly, I think if Bioware had had the same schedule handed to them, the game would be just as unfinished, and inferior to the present KOTOR II in most other respects as well.

KOTOR II has its flaws, but most of them stem from the feeling one gets when you read a term paper by a student who just found out said paper was due the next day. The kid may be a freaking genius, and what he's writing about may be pretty good....but it's done so fast that it comes across as sloppy, with loose ends everywhere and ideas explored and then abandoned for no reason.

Nonetheless, I don't like excusing Developers or Publishers for sloppy games, nor will I pretend they are anything other than what they are.

Personally I don't find it upseting at all they removed a planet. It happens all the time. And with hours of dialogue that needs editing, there are bound to be the occasional set of lines that was forgotten by the writers. I doubt there is anyone here or even in Obsidian who can claim he or she can remember every single line in the game, even if it was not verbatim, but rather on a conceptual basis.

Besides, look at it this way: by removing the Droid Planet, Obsidian made the other planets a little better. Perhaps they made Nar Shaddaa a little more complex, and added a few more quests here and there, improving the quality of all hte existing planets. I am sure, though, that by removing the Droid Planet there were noticeable differences.

i was disappointed when i found about this.  i played through and got the entire hk-47 speech and expected that maybe one of the major quests would be to destroy the droid factory.  then all of a sudden theres nothing about it. 

i do agree that if a planet is removed due to time constraints then maybe the coinciding dialogue and story should be removed or atleast altered so that were not left wondering why we cant complete a quest.

Maybe removed? Try removed altogether. Its not that time-consuming to delete dialogue options that points towards a non-existent quest.

- dr cloak

Personally I don't find it upseting at all they removed a planet. It happens all the time. And with hours of dialogue that needs editing, there are bound to be the occasional set of lines that was forgotten by the writers. I doubt there is anyone here or even in Obsidian who can claim he or she can remember every single line in the game, even if it was not verbatim, but rather on a conceptual basis.

Besides, look at it this way: by removing the Droid Planet, Obsidian made the other planets a little better. Perhaps they made Nar Shaddaa a little more complex, and added a few more quests here and there, improving the quality of all hte existing planets. I am sure, though, that by removing the Droid Planet there were noticeable differences.

I don't expect the designers to memorize every dialogue, I'm sure they have it typed out though. It would not be difficult to remove the dialogue that was no longer necessary. Leaving in dialogue that didn't point to a quest is quite unprofessional and poor.

Edit: I'm just slightly annoyed that people try to defend stuff like this. Pull your heads out of your as**s.

- dr cloak

i was disappointed when i found about this.  i played through and got the entire hk-47 speech and expected that maybe one of the major quests would be to destroy the droid factory.  then all of a sudden theres nothing about it. 

You gotta take into consideration that they do voicing for everything in the game before anything is far into completion. They would have to call in the voice cast again and go through a whole lot of trouble, plus, they had a deadline.

You gotta take into consideration that they do voicing for everything in the game before anything is far into completion.  They would have to call in the voice cast again and go through a whole lot of trouble, plus, they had a deadline.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they only do the voice acting at the very end of the development cycle. It wouldn't make much sense, otherwise, given that (as we're noting here) a lot of stuff gets cut in development. Why pay for a voice actor to voice a character who isn't even in the game anymore?

There was a droid planet nixed?

That probably explains why there are no high quality droid vendors in the game. Telos one sold crap, the Onderon one sells crap, the Dantooine usually only has repair kits... despite being a "droid" merchant. Nar Shaddaa guy sells crap.

The good merchant was probably on the droid planet. The only good droid parts I ever get in this game are off the droids in Nar Shaddaa warehouse.

There was a droid planet nixed?

That probably explains why there are no high quality droid vendors in the game.  Telos one sold crap, the Onderon one sells crap, the Dantooine usually only has repair kits... despite being a "droid" merchant.  Nar Shaddaa guy sells crap. 

The good merchant was probably on the droid planet.  The only good droid parts I ever get in this game are off the droids in Nar Shaddaa warehouse.

Yah I noticed that too, in my dark side play through I wanted to use HK-47 alot (i got him a sweet heavy rifle upgraded to do like 60 pts of dmg, plus a threat range of 15 to 20) so I went around looking for droid parts....

Nothing.

Really strange actually