Anyone having xbox problems?

Is anyone having the disc read error occuring when they play, or just trouble loading in general? I think it's because my xbox is old and has trouble reading newer games. If anyone has some tips or anything plz help, otherthan sending my xbox in to get serviced.

Try the Technical Support forum.

Is anyone having the disc read error occuring when they play, or just trouble loading in general? I think it's because my xbox is old and has trouble reading newer games. If anyone has some tips or anything plz help, otherthan sending my xbox in to get serviced.

yes, I have had those probs as well as an error message that says the KOTOR II disc is a DVD and that I need to install the proper converter to use it.

My brother had the same problem with KOTOR 1. He has the original Xbox. The one that was released first; ver. 1.0. I think all 1.0's have problems with KOTOR 1 and 2 because of the d20 calculations required for attack and defense. KOTOR 2 more because of the random drop variables. I have ver. 1.1 and I have never had any problems at all. You can check your version by going to xbox-scene.net and searching thier forums for xbox versions and how to determine which version you have. Best of luck to you and I hope I was able to help.

i called the cusumer services at microsoft for the xbox and they told me that the disc read error problem and the loading freezes is more frequent in the first generation xboxs because with both KOTOR both bioware and obsidian put so much data on the disc and not only that, it is compressed data. all the first generation xbox drive systems have had their share of problems especially with newer games (post 2003). if the devs had opted to make the game a two disc game then there wouldn't be any problems, other than maybe a dirty lens on the drive. but rest assured you can send in your system to get serviced. i'm currently waiting for my xbox to be sent back and hopefully i can enjoy KOTOR 2 minus all the freezing and disc read errors.

My game froze up at least four times that I can remember, and during battles with numerous foes ( defending the base, Malachor V) it slowed down to nearly a halt. And I've only had my Xbox since the summer. And when I fought Nihilus the screen went totally black but I could hear everything in the background.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, I e-mailed the Lucas Arts tech support and they e-mailed three possible sollutions: 1) Set the time and date correctly. 2) Clear your Xbox's save cache, put in 1 game and let it load to the main menu, repeat with 2 other games, and then put your KOTOR:II disc in. 3) Delete your save game (corrupt). The second one worked for me.

i called the cusumer services at microsoft for the xbox and they told me that the disc read error problem and the loading freezes is more frequent in the first generation xboxs because with both KOTOR both bioware and obsidian put so much data on the disc and not only that, it is compressed data. all the first generation xbox drive systems have had their share of problems especially with newer games (post 2003). if the devs had opted to make the game a two disc game then there wouldn't be any problems, other than maybe a dirty lens on the drive. but rest assured you can send in your system to get serviced. i'm currently waiting for my xbox to be sent back and hopefully i can enjoy KOTOR 2 minus all the freezing and disc read errors.

Another problem if you live somewhere where it gets cold during the winter is roaches. It's a real problem: they like heat, and the side vents on the xbox give off quite a bit of it. So for the winter they take up residence in the xbox. Might want to give it a shake sometime, see if anything falls out...

I had loads of problems on my XBox with this game. My XBox is able to handle other games just fine -- no freezing. But it constantly got stuck with KOTOR2. Sometimes it would even drop my saves. It took me much longer to finish the game as a result. I did not have this problem with KOTOR1.