favorite music

Rosbjerg

Anne Murray should be cruicified or something....That's the one thing I DON'T miss about living in Edmonton. I hated her damn Christmas special, and I hated hearing her songs on the radio.

"Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Bright Eyes?

I have no clue how they got famous. They've never put on a show in Omaha, but they got on Letterman twice as a band from Omaha. Not a single radio station in Omaha will play their music, and most people in the scene think they are a complete joke. There are so many great bands in this town, but the guys at Saddlecreek records have some connections, so all their bands get immediate national attention.

Now, Azure Ray is another story. That's a good band that Saddlecreek pimps out.

It's such a shame that Kashmir (danish band) isn't known internationally .. it's some of the best rock music Denmark has ever produced .. especially their new cd Zitilites and their old Travelouge!

Fortune favors the bald.

Did I add my 2 cents here yet? If not:

Slipknot

Korn

Skindred

Alter Bridge

Dead Kennedys

JFA

Black Flag

Henry Rollins (yes, the spoken word stuff too)

White Zombie

Led Zeppelin

Rush

Blue Oyster Cult

the Grateful Dead

I also like a lot of jazz, but the artists interpretations, not necessarily the songs, are what I like.

That would indeed be very punk. Too bad it backfired for Spandau Ballet. After making that lame video for that cheesy ballad they were pigeon-holed as a sappy ballad band.

Well, OK, they weren't punk either, but they weren't exactly a ballad band before they released in the US either....

I'm down with the stuff most people like, such as U2, Metallica, Radiohead, Beatles, Queen, REM...

But the music I really am into, is mostly electronic. Downtempo is by far my favorite genre, in all its subcategories: ambient trance (The Orb), ambient house (ORBITAL!), ambient techno (Aphex Twin), then there's acid jazz, trip hop & downbeat (Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Beth Orton), new age (Enya, Air), as well as some harder stuff such as big beat (THE PRODIGY!, Chemical Brothers), chemical (The Crystal Method), a bit of drum&bass (Photek, Adam F), all sorts of lounge (oriental: Buddha Bar & Caf

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

It's such a shame that Kashmir (danish band) isn't known internationally .. it's some of the best rock music Denmark has ever produced .. especially their new cd Zitilites and their old Travelouge!

Same "Small Country, Rock Band" syndrome ever heard of "Mann Friday" theres Zimbabwe (Where Im originally froms) best rock band, (actually are only rock band but still brilliant) there like a crossbetween Creed and Pearl Jam with a little bit of Jazz thrown in for good measure. There also excellent song writers, listen to there music in sucession and they virtually tell you there life story and all about Zimbabwe. I would give you a link but they dont have a website I know of.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well, what a small world.

I came across your post and I know Mann Friday, they rock. Their official website is www.mannfriday.com

They have an awesome sound. There are MP3s and Videos on their site. Check it out. I think they will make it big. Everything's got to start somewhere right?

Rock on!

Any rap fans here?

Some of it. I was a casual Cypress Hill fan until I saw that at the Reading Festival. Same with Ice Cube. I like mostly older stuff, like NWA, the Geto Boys, and at the time the Beasties I thought were pretty cool. And you can't forget RUN DMC.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have a lot...

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Rolling Stones

The Beatles

The Guess Who

Metallica

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Snoop Dog (yes somewhat odd...)

U2

AudioSlave

Pearl Jam

Van Halen

Jimi Hendrix

Cream

Boston

Pink Floyd

Nirvana

Bruce Springsteen

AC/DC

Collins

I like mostly Rock & Roll with the exception of Snoop Dog (cool guy... cool guy)

Here are a few of my favorite bands:

Alkaline Trio

Jets to Brazil

The Postal Service

Bright Eyes

The Juliana Theory

I have seen all but Bright Eyes live.

Awesome, someone else who likes Jets to Brazil

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I have a lot...

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Rolling Stones

The Beatles

The Guess Who

Metallica

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Snoop Dog (yes somewhat odd...)

U2

AudioSlave

Pearl Jam

Van Halen

Jimi Hendrix

Cream

Boston

Pink Floyd

Nirvana

Bruce Springsteen

AC/DC

Collins

I like mostly Rock & Roll with the exception of Snoop Dog (cool guy... cool guy)

Some fantastic bands there :sorcerer: Off The Wall (the world's No.1 tribute band to Pink Floyd) were in my town a month ago. I couldn't get tickets :) Heartbreaking...