favorite music

Rosbjerg

what is your favorite music?

genre .. a specific artist!? etc ..

I would like to hear some suggestions because I really love music, and always like to find new artists! so list any great artist you know! from any country!

some of my favorites include:

Radiohead

Counting Crows

Coldplay

Oasis

Metallica

Beatles

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Genesis

Sting

Lou Reed

Live

Noah Jones

R.E.M

Stevie Wonder

Danish/Scandinavian artist: (this is the longest lists but since you probably don't know any I'll only list my favorites)

Kashmir (greatest music ever!)

Dizzy Mizz Lizzy

Tobias Trier

Klondyke

Hazey Jane

Danish 80'ies music!

Kent

Kaizers Orchestra

I have a very broad taste .. as long as it's not ultra pop/techno/hip hop/rap/dance :)

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmm, depends. For more "commercial" music, its mainly rock and metal, though there is a bit of everything:

AC/DC

Iron Maiden

Black Label Society

Metallica (pre Black album)

Freak Kitchen and Mattias Eklundh

Thin Lizzy

Helloween

Children of Bodom

Bob Marley

Deep Purple

U2

Live

some Dark Tranquillity, not much, same for In Flames

Not really favorites, just i small picture of what I listen to. As for other music, its jazz, from django Reinhardt to Duke ellington. Also classical, a bit of everything, mostly baroque and impressionist, I really like Dvorak.

Used to listen to mostly death/black metal, bands like M

Offhand....

Solo Artists->

Anastacia

Avril Lavigne

Shania Twain

Bands->

Audioslave

Guns'n'roses

Iron Maiden

Live

Offspring

Pearl Jam

Queens of the stoneage

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sugababes

U2

J-Pop->

Ayumi Hamasaki

Nami Tamaki

Ishida Yoko

There are others but I can't remember them right now....

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

you people are so normal...

Sammla Mammas Manna

Darkthrone

Gentle Giant

Pink Floyd

Carcass(two first records only)

Anal ****

Bo Hansson

..forgot about Tool, I know all the songs note-by-note so I dont listen to them anymore but I regard them as the best band to have ever walked the earth

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There are very good bands in all of those lists, aye. The others mostly I haven't heard.

Only recently I became very fond of Lacuna Coil, after listening to the V:tM - BL ending track.

And of course, Louis Armstrong is da man.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My Favorite Music:

Bob Marley

Black Sabbath

Bad Manners

The Clash

The Specials

The Beat

Aquabats

The Hives

Jet

Jimi Hendrix

Less Than Jake

Me First and the Gimme Gimme's

Might Mighty Bosstones

Operation Ivy

Ozzy

Postal Service

Queen

Ramones

Sublime

Skatalites

Skavoovie and the Epitones

Toasters

The Who

The Selecter

Goldfinger

Kemuri

Super Pineapples

Cruxshadows,

Enya

Depeche Mode

Marylin Manson

Demons and Wizards

John Williams

Akira Sadou

Evanescence

jeremy Soule

Ozzy Osbourne

Enigma

Metallica (the early years)

AC DC

Smashing Pumpkins

Voltaire

Gossamer

Rob Zombie

Tool

Orgy

Ministry of Sound

Cobalt 60

Billy Idol

Bjork

Darkwell

Peter Gabriel

Inkubus Sukubus

Apocalyptica

Angels of Venice

Johnny Cash

Ice T

Ice CUbe

Enimen

Powerman 5000

Gorillaz

Prodigy

Kiss

Geinoh Yamashirogumi

Danny Elfman

The Cure

Jesus Jones

Linkin Park

Carfax Abbey

Slipnot

Eric Clapton

Live

Dokken

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Nine Inch Nails

Neathyrlord

LimpBizkit

Midnight Oil

Tristania

Mozart

And so forth and so on.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order, I listen to the following artists in varying degrees....

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

Nine Inch Nails

Tom Waits

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Portishead

Deftones

REM

Eric Clapton

Clash

The Doors

Bob Marley

The Cure

Prefab Sprout

INXS

The Housemartins

Marylin Manson

James

Coldplay

Tool

Pink Floyd

Pet Shop Boys

Morphine

Silverchair

Queen

U2

The Beatles

Jolie Holland

Mansun

Manic Street Preachers

Prince/Victor/Symbol/The Man/TAFKAP/Whatever this month

Eels

Jeff Buckley

Ryuchi Sakamoto

Oasis

Peter Gabriel

Lamb

Blur

Metallica

Genesis

Sting

Angra

Pearl Jam

Bj

^^ my kind of list ^^ !! :D

ahh so many good artist mentioned here! I see I have forgotten well over a dusin on my list ..it's so hard to remember them all!

but most of my all time favorites are danish bands ..

I spent alot of my time on a website called "MyMusic" where all danish underground bands "publish" their music .. free for download or streaming! it's a great site .. but since they are all completely unknown it would be pretty useless to mention them! :(

Fortune favors the bald.

Its like the HC and Grindcore genre where theres a million bands who sound about the same so all you do is buy a couple of 7"s, listen, go "this was pretty good" and feel good about your purchase.

but Isnt there anyone here that listens to.. you know, exciting and weird music? Most Ive seen listed here is just plain jane, off-the-radio ****.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its like the HC and Grindcore genre where theres a million bands who sound about the same so all you do is buy a couple of 7"s, listen, go "this was pretty good" and feel good about your purchase.

but Isnt there anyone here that listens to..  you know, exciting and weird music? Most Ive seen listed here is just plain jane, off-the-radio ****.

all the wierd music I listen to is from the website I mentioned ..

DOI, Oziris, K

Fortune favors the bald.

but Isnt there anyone here that listens to..  you know, exciting and weird music? Most Ive seen listed here is just plain jane, off-the-radio ****.

That depends. Some people I know, for instance, are pretty conservative when it comes to music (I'm using conservative in the sense that they frown on anything that doesn't sound like, say, Norah Jones, or repetitive jazzy records with lifeless, predictable tunes), and many things in my music library are considered "weird" by them. By comparisons I consider some of things in my library to have once been weird and exciting to me, and nowdays aren't that much (an example being Korn, which I basically stopped caring for around the forth album).

I'm sure there's a lot of weird music out there which I haven't heard, and that I'd probably like to. My tastes are far from being that diversified, in fact, and I resent that. I'm always on the lookout, though.

As for "off-the-radio ****", I don't recall there being many radio stations around here that play Jon Spencer, Portishead, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones or even Housemartins (weird considering Housemartins were a pretty good pop band), just to name a few. Even if something is "off-the-radio", though, that doesn't lessen neither it's value or my appreciation of it (examples being REM or James).

I like music lists, lately i've been listening to:

Weezer

Teenage Fanclub

Cat Stevens

Dwight Twilley

Alex Chilton/Big Star

a little bit of Johnny Cash

Third Eye Blind

Bob Marley

the Pixies

Cakes' cover of 'I will survive'

Jimmy Eat World

Rancid

the Talking Heads

the Violent Femmes

Pete Yorn

Oasis

Crowded House

Del Amitri

Matthew Sweet

the Replacements

the Stone Roses

and...Dido!! :("

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm down with the stuff most people like, such as U2, Metallica, Radiohead, Beatles, Queen, REM...

But the music I really am into, is mostly electronic. Downtempo is by far my favorite genre, in all its subcategories: ambient trance (The Orb), ambient house (ORBITAL!), ambient techno (Aphex Twin), then there's acid jazz, trip hop & downbeat (Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Beth Orton), new age (Enya, Air), as well as some harder stuff such as big beat (THE PRODIGY!, Chemical Brothers), chemical (The Crystal Method), a bit of drum&bass (Photek, Adam F), all sorts of lounge (oriental: Buddha Bar & Caf