Pazaak help

Well If I understand correctly, The golden card was -3 & +6, So if your total was 23 and you used it and the positive and negative were flipped it would be -6 & +3 which would result in it being 23 - 6 = 17. Duh. I hope that pointed out your obvious stupidity to the game of pazaak, and your mathematic skills.

Well If I understand correctly, The golden card was -3 & +6, So if your total was 23 and you used it and the positive and negative were flipped it would be -6 & +3 which would result in it being 23 - 6 = 17. Duh. I hope that pointed out your obvious stupidity to the game of pazaak, and your mathematic skills.

To original poster:

Somewhere is this tool's idiocy, he did answer your question, just ignore the rest of his ignorance and all will be good.

what exactly are the code rules for gold pazaak cards?

Telos, $40 game, last round before I lose

I had about 5 cards in play, one was a 3, totalling 23, so duh, I played the gold 3&6 (which claims to swap the positive and negative value) suddenly my score is 17, WTF.

Your total was 23.

There was a 3 in your hand.

The 3&6 card will make all 3's and 6's you've played into -3's and -6's.

So the 3 card in your hand went from being +3 to -3. That doesn't just subtract 3 from your total, because the 3 points that was added for playing that card were taken away, and an additional 3 points were taken away because you now have a -3 card among the played cards.

I guess that is kind of confusing... :geek:

Anyway, I found the main use for those was to drive your score as low as possible and try to win by playing all 9 cards without going over 20. If you have a couple 3's or 6's played and you put down a 3&6 card, you might go all the way down to negative numbers. You then stand a good chance of just drawing cards until you fill up all 9 card slots, which is an automatic win. :geek:

-Akari

Anyway, I found the main use for those was to drive your score as low as possible and try to win by playing all 9 cards without going over 20.  If you have a couple 3's or 6's played and you put down a 3&6 card, you might go all the way down to negative numbers. You then stand a good chance of just drawing cards until you fill up all 9 card slots, which is an automatic win. :ermm:

-Akari

i didnt know that if you filled all nine card slots you won automatically. :ermm:

Anyway, I found the main use for those was to drive your score as low as possible and try to win by playing all 9 cards without going over 20.  If you have a couple 3's or 6's played and you put down a 3&6 card, you might go all the way down to negative numbers. You then stand a good chance of just drawing cards until you fill up all 9 card slots, which is an automatic win. :(

-Akari

i didnt know that if you filled all nine card slots you won automatically. :(

yep.thats one of my key strategies.:D