Single or Double Saber?

• 4 weeks later...
There are too many double Bladed lightsabers in Star Wars games.

They are suppose to be this rare weapon that require huge skill to use.

Heck my first time through the game at one point I had 1 single blade saber and 4 double blade before I figured out I could save and reload to get a different random saber.

Jedi Academy is even worse. You go to the final levels in that game and just about every other Jedi or sith has a saber staff.

There is nothing wrong with a game giving the main character one or a special boss battle but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

Jedi in the movies and books are almost totally single blade users.

The Games should reflect that.

I agree

here's my thoughts - not that they really hold any weight:

The double bladed lighsaber is a Sith design that was popular during both of the Golden Ages of the Sith. Since KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 both take place during a Sith upswing, i don't find it surprising that they are more often encountered than they were seen in the movies. Remember, the movies take place 150000 years after the first Sith Golden age and roughly 4500 years after the second Sith Golden Age.

on a different note, my LS character used a single Silver bladed lightsaber and my DS character used dual bronze Lightsabers. I found the duel sabers to be more effective since i could use 4 of the high end crystals i found instead of just 2 of them and the extra attack was just icing.

In my subsequent play throughs i've messed around with a dual-bladed lightsaber, but it just doesn't seem to pack the punch of the dual lightsaber load out.

Dueling hasn't been improved in TSL, but single saber is definitely a viable path. My first character was a DEX-based Sentinel/Watchman. The defense bonus of getting the master dueling as fast as possible helped me stay alive through anything.

When you add naturally high DEX to Battle Precognition and the Circlet of Saresh,  Ossus Keeper robes (I found them in the museum in Onderon) and other DEX and WIS augmenting gear to the +3 defense from dueling, you become unhittable by anyone save Sion. Add in Master Valour (and master speed, if it worked like it was supposed to  <_< ) and I was running through the Trayus academy with about 50 defense, dispatching assassins, marauders or anyone without incurring even a scratch.

Honestly, double sabers are probably the best choice in the game, especially if you go Weaponmaster. You can easily make up the extra +3 to hit and damage from Dueling with the bonuses given by a second saber.

Remember, even if you're short on crystals, a second saber also gives you a second lens, emitter, and energy cell. You can get a lot of extra bonuses out of that. The second saber only accounts for one attack out of your attack sequence - most of the attacks are done with the primary saber. So, load that second saber up with bonuses to defense, deflection, and stats.

I'll sooner short another party member on crystals than do anything less than the maximum possible enhancement on the main character.

As for color - I'm a big fan of blue (it's a classic), though silver is a nice option as well. So I'm currently using blue and silver sabers.

I prefer the single saber, simply because of tradition, and because I don't have to invest feats into two weapon fighting.

I realize that such advantages could be overcome with other upgrades, but really, once you get Master Speed, and use Master Flurry, you're going to chop someone down in no more than three rounds.

I like dual weilding a long and short saber or two short sabers, but in my last game, I only came across two short sabers (one of which was that crappy freedon nadd one, and the other wasn't until the very end of the game), so I just made do with a double...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

What does master double-weapon feat give you?

If Duelling is at 3rd level and dual-weapon is also then the single sabre guy gets a +3/+5 over both the dual saber and double saber attack bonuses and an extra +3 to defence

ie single = +3 to attack

double/dual = 0/-2 when balanced (-2/-2 when not)

using that knowledge I've been going through single sabre style and hitting most of the time, whereas Visas with a double-bladed and Handmaiden with her staff both seem to miss about 30-40% of the time

What does master double-weapon feat give you?

If Duelling is at 3rd level and dual-weapon is also then the single sabre guy gets a +3/+5 over both the dual saber and double saber attack bonuses and an extra +3 to defence

ie single = +3 to attack

double/dual = 0/-2 when balanced (-2/-2 when not)

If you chose Jedi Master or Jedi Watchman as your prestige class, a duelist with one saber will have a slight advantage (though I still believe that the right crystals and upgrades can negate that advantage).

However, if you're a Jedi Weaponmaster with Superior Two-Weapon Fighting III, two sabers is clearly a better way to go.

Single = +3 to attack

Double/Dual = +2/-1 when balanced (0/-1 when not)

That means you just traded +1 to attack for an extra attack (at -3 versus the duelist attack bonus) and an extra saber's worth of crystals and upgrades. That extra saber can easily make up for the +1 attack and +3 defense offered by dueling, with the right crystals.

In short, Weaponmasters are better off with two weapons for maximum effectiveness, though a dual saber may also be a good choice is your primary concern is damage output. Even if your primary concern is defense, two sabers are still better than one.

Single saber either orange or silver.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Single saber, no matter the class. Old School, yo.

I usually go with Violet, but I think im going to try silver as well. Im aslo fairly early on in the game, and so lightsabers are scarce. Currently , i have the one I built, and then V gets one in either hand, a short one and a long one. I think they are both green.

At some point I want to get my other peeps trained, but im having some trouble developing their influence.

I play single saber ONLY always

Bronze saber LS or DS no matter...

Cyan and bronze tend to be in the sabers u get from quests/find

Silver can be bought on several places or found on sabers as usual

for now I have 4 silvers,3 bronze and 2 cyans... all of them except 2 silvers I believe are from lightsabers

Bronze and cyan look awfully close to the kotor 1 sabers1s color with the unique crystals(mantle of the Force and heart of The Dragon) crystals