Single or Double Saber?

How good is the Dueling feats vs the Duel Wielding feats? I heard the Dueling feats where complete crap in KotOR II.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The coolest thing was that scene in the temple, when Visas was leading my party (DUH!).

The sith dudes drew their sabers and Visas stared at them, pulled out her double-silver saber, and I swear I heard her say "Bring it on." Needless to say, she kicked their arse up and down.

Dueling hasn't been improved in TSL, but single saber is definitely a viable path. My first character was a DEX-based Sentinel/Watchman. The defense bonus of getting the master dueling as fast as possible helped me stay alive through anything.

When you add naturally high DEX to Battle Precognition and the Circlet of Saresh, Ossus Keeper robes (I found them in the museum in Onderon) and other DEX and WIS augmenting gear to the +3 defense from dueling, you become unhittable by anyone save Sion. Add in Master Valour (and master speed, if it worked like it was supposed to <_< ) and I was running through the Trayus academy with about 50 defense, dispatching assassins, marauders or anyone without incurring even a scratch.

Also, the scarcity of lightsabers and crystals in this game made going single saber a better choice. There just isn't as much to go around, especially once you start training your companions. If you want to give them sabers, and have a decent one yourself, it's better not to spread your crystals over two sabers per character. In KOTOR, I always ended up going with two sabers just so I didn't have cool crystals sitting around unused.

Overall, master dueling, master speed, high DEX and WIS, lightsaber finesse and master power attack make for an unstoppable character. I picked power attack, because it doesn't reduce my defense and the extra damage makes up for low strength. Also, that critical threat range bonus with master power attack does wonders for a keen saber. When I performed a master power attack with master speed activated, it seemed like one of my three attacks per round was always doing 100-150 damage. Ridiculous.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I went with red and green. Both short. :lol:

"Merry Christmas . . ."

I did like the look of the silver & vridian combo, too.

My first time through I used a silver saber staff.

In both cases all saber parts boosted stats (usually WIS & CHA) and deflection.

At the end of one game I had 6 or 7 dual sabers and 5 or 6 short sabers. Never found a regular length saber. :ermm:

Regarding being untouchable:

My poor Sentinel/Watchman got smacked a couple times after upping the difficulty.

For instance at the end Kreia killed me with one hit. 400+ health, Master Force & Energy barrier, and the Dueling shield wasn't enough :o

She did it more than once... so it is either a bad bug or upping the difficulty really ramps up the damage.

The giant storm beast smacked me in one shot, too. Totally insane.

Too bad Sion didn't put up much of a fight. Master Flurry + Master Speed + Two sabers.... oh yeah. Sion was going down in one round... (OK So I hit him with stasis first.)

There are too many double Bladed lightsabers in Star Wars games.

They are suppose to be this rare weapon that require huge skill to use.

Heck my first time through the game at one point I had 1 single blade saber and 4 double blade before I figured out I could save and reload to get a different random saber.

Jedi Academy is even worse. You go to the final levels in that game and just about every other Jedi or sith has a saber staff.

There is nothing wrong with a game giving the main character one or a special boss battle but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

Jedi in the movies and books are almost totally single blade users.

The Games should reflect that.

So true, Darth Maul supposedly spent alot of time training and making his saber staff but now 1 in every 3 jedi have one making its uniqueness dissapear, so I switch to the classic single bladed saber which the great Darth Tyranus and Anakin Skywalker can wield with great prowess making it seem that the single is the best of all options!

I like a single lightsaber with a cyan blade....and if it where possible my saber would have a curved hilt like Dooku's.

However, KotOR II makes it so that a double-bladed or duel sabers are the best option because they allow the Jedi Weap Master to learn Superior Two Weapon Fighting and not Sup Dueling as well......so sad.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Overall, master dueling, master speed, high DEX and WIS, lightsaber finesse and master power attack make for an unstoppable character. I picked power attack, because it doesn't reduce my defense and the extra damage makes up for low strength. Also, that critical threat range bonus with master power attack does wonders for a keen saber. When I performed  a master power attack with master speed activated, it seemed like one of my three attacks per round was always doing 100-150 damage. Ridiculous.

What does Keen do??

Edited for content