Single or Double Saber?

I've got a double at this point, and a single is yet to appear (I have three). I've come close to completing Dantooine and Nar Shadda, but haven't been to any other planets. Obviously I chose a double for my first one, but does that determine all the other sabers I find? I'd like to get a couple singles as well. Which do you all prefer?

I started off my first game with a single, but towards the end I switched over to the double-bladed. Inspite of the additional bonuses that the single has this time around, and despite the fact that my PC only had level 2 of two-weapon fighting (I had used up all my feats on dueling), I found the double bladed to be more effective overall for an aggressive fighter. I had a sentinel/weapons master.

There are too many double Bladed lightsabers in Star Wars games.

They are suppose to be this rare weapon that require huge skill to use.

Heck my first time through the game at one point I had 1 single blade saber and 4 double blade before I figured out I could save and reload to get a different random saber.

Jedi Academy is even worse. You go to the final levels in that game and just about every other Jedi or sith has a saber staff.

There is nothing wrong with a game giving the main character one or a special boss battle but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

Jedi in the movies and books are almost totally single blade users.

The Games should reflect that.

Keep in mind this is four-thousand years prior to the movies and most books.

Could it be that at this time the double-blade was more common than the single?

I personaly prefer two sabers with a weaponmaster because the two-handed fighting feats make them almost unbeatable. I just wish I had known I would be amelee fighter before starting, my dex would have become strenght and I would have been even better.

Jedi Academy is even worse. You go to the final levels in that game and just about every other Jedi or sith has a saber staff.

That game was messed up anyway. I mean, it tried to be FPS with a broken weapon, which is fine unless that weapon...

Has unlimited ammo!

Allows ranged an melee attacks!

Has special attacks!

Is primary weapon!

Can deflect all other weapons!

Wow, that game was even worse when you look at the gameplay. I mean, seriously. That level were you had to run around and get the parts for your ship? No enemies you can fight? Wow, that shows stupidity.

Keep in mind this is four-thousand years prior to the movies and most books.

Could it be that at this time the double-blade was more common than the single?

I personaly prefer two sabers with a weaponmaster because the two-handed fighting feats make them almost unbeatable.  I just wish I had known I would be  amelee fighter before starting, my dex would have become strenght and I would have been even better.

I use two sing ones.... short and rugular .....green....... QUI GONN IS MY HERO!!

I like the single because it is way more accurate than duals if u have dualing mastered and specialization saber plus its not that much weaker and if u get master speed u do 3 hits per turn neway

Double saber + Flurry + Master of Speed + Juyo stance = 6 attacks per round. With 37-77 damage (on-hand) per attack, the damage is just obscene :D

Guest Eric328

I would use just one lightsaber because i think it is more accurate so if u want one be sure to get the duel feat like one of u said.

When playing a Weapon Master, I have found that single saber is the way to go. Juyo automatically grants an extra attack, thus making a single-sabered JWM equivalent in number of attacks to a dual-wielding non-JWM. Also, Dueling helps offset the penalties to Defense that using Juyo incurs, thus meaning that you only take a -1 to Defense rather than a -4. Further, the +3 to attack means that you have an increased chance of hitting with the super-damaging strikes that Juyo gives you, meaning Critical Strikes, Power Attacks, and Flurries become that much more powerful and useful.

Aesthetically speaking, I prefer the single because it is the traditional style of the Jedi, it's what I would most likely use, and because the animations for it (with the exception of Master Flurry after level 20, which looks dorky no matter what you're wielding) look more impressive. Heh, on Nar Shadaa, in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr, my Guardian was a freaking whirling dervish of destruction, and just looked incredibly awesome (too bad that time I went with Watchman rather than Weapon Master).

My only complaints with Dueling as opposed to Two-Weapon Fighting stem from Dueling being significantly weaker until one is able to get Master status feats and powers, as well as Juyo. The 1 1/2 times damage is nice, but when starting with a Strength of 14, that only means 1 extra point of damage, which is not that big of a deal. It would have been nicer if the Dueling feats had granted a +1 to Attack, Defense, and Damage, with the extra strength bonus added in, as that would help compensate for the extra attack granted by TWF.