What D&D monster best describes 'Samara'?

Vieo

I was like, "Haha, stupid movie!" all throughout the entire movie. Then at the end

she crawled out of the TV

and I crapped my pants.

Edit: Sorry about the spoiler! I thought everyone had seen (or heard about) it by now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I prefer the Japanese original. Children can be spooky, but....come on, now.

sadako.jpg

sadako.jpg

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Frankly, I cannot believe that something like this is being discussed. WHO CARES?! IT'S A HORROR MOVIE SET IN CONTEMPORARY JAPAN AND/OR AMERICA, MUST YOU TURN EVERYTHING INTO A ROLE PLAYING GAME?!?!

Also, in the ringu book, Sadako (not Samara, which is a lame name) is actually a hermaphrodite girl who was born with little testicles, who had latent psionic powers, who had sex with a doctor with smallpox or something like that and contracted said disease, got thrown into the well out of self defense by said doctor when he discovered she had balls and she tried to kill him with her mind, used her psychic talents to molecularly reconstruct the smallpox virus so that it's much more deadly and can kill in seven days, and used her psychic talents to burn a psionic message into a videotape that will cause the human body to create this virus and therefore cause it to kill itself.

Yeah.

So if you see any "Psionic Hermaphrodites" in any of the Monster Manuals, then I guess there you go.

By the way, the book never had any little girls crawling out of a TV. And the main character was a male journalist. Who had a crazy eccentric psychic professor friend. Who raped a girl when he was in high school.

The guy who wrote Ringu is considered the Stephen King of Japan, btw.

No, It's just a reflection on how incredibly insane Japan can be sometimes, when you look at the fact that their equivalent of Stephen King writes about Hermaphrodites and Pedophiles. I'm just saying.

Of course, Japan also gave us Tentacle Rape Hentai, so I suppose there really isn't any real doubts left about this issue.

Also, in the ringu book, Sadako (not Samara, which is a lame name) is actually a hermaphrodite girl who was born with little testicles, who had latent psionic powers, who had sex with a doctor with smallpox or something like that and contracted said disease, got thrown into the well out of self defense by said doctor when he discovered she had balls and she tried to kill him with her mind, used her psychic talents to molecularly reconstruct the smallpox virus so that it's much more deadly and can kill in seven days, and used her psychic talents to burn a psionic message into a videotape that will cause the human body to create this virus and therefore cause it to kill itself.

Ringu is an example of a very common genre; that is, movies and ideas which start out good then are destroyed by an absurd sequel.

As such, I choose to take a krypto-revisionist stance; everything past Ringu did not happen.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

"Largely overrated and eccentric?

Then again, I've never read the Dark Tower series. I think King comes up with good ideas (see Apt Pupil, The Stand, Stand by Me, The Shining, etc) but that doesn't mean he is a good writer."

You gotta be jokin'. Stephen King is the ebst writer of all time. period. His biggest weakest, however, is that he can be long winded. at times. Still, he's awesome. Period.

As for The Ring, I liked the movie. It was cool. Of course, movies don't scare me so it lacked that part; but it was interesting.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You gotta be jokin'. Stephen King is the ebst writer of all time. period. His biggest weakest, however, is that he can be long winded. at times. Still, he's awesome. Period.

Stephen King is the 'fast food' of modern literature. Nice sometimes, but have too much of it and you'll end up dead. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Stephen King is the 'fast food' of modern literature. Nice sometimes, but have too much of it and you'll end up dead."

I think many of his books - including some of the ones Ender mentioned - would disprove that theory.

Sure, King has many books that would pass for 'fast food literature'; but many of them don't. In fact, his best books shouldn't really be counted as horror. Green Mile, The Stand, and The Shawshank Redemption are just 3 examples of this. And, even most of his horror books are deeper than just piling up the bodies. Though of course some like Children of the Corn (which is still cool), and Sometimes They Come Back are for that.

All good. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Steinbeck also comes up with great story ideas and tells them poorly. Read the Grapes of Wrath. It's near unbearable.

Chapter 1 - There is dust. It's called a dustbowl.

Chapter 2 - There is a really dusty road with a turtle.

Chapter 3 - The turtle flips on it's back and a car drives by.

I kid you not. Yet the Grapes of Wrath adapts rather well to stage and film. The same can be said Of Mice and Men.

Steven King comes up with good ideas, and tells them poorly.

The japanese ring(original) has to be one of the greatest and most psychological and mysterious movies of all time. The sound effects were simply INCREDIBLE, and the story/theme/plot/atmosphere was amazing. The english version is garbage, it left so many loopholes in the story which did not make sense and were not explained unlike the japanese ring. Also, it was nowhere near as mysterious or scary and the sound effects were nothing great. The japanese part 2 of the ring is also garbage, it completely ****ed up the story and screwed everything that the first film did right. It didnt make good use of sound, did not havea nice atmosphere, and nothing in the story made any sense whatsoever. I still have to watch ring 0, the prequel to the ring in japanese and the part 2 of the english version. However, given japanese ring 2 and the english ring, which sucked, I dont think they are going to be any good.

Spoilers Ahead:

In the Japanese version of the ring, sadako is a half goblin. Apparently, her mother had psychic powers and she used to hang out by the sea and talk to goblins. Her daughter sadako was a half goblin, hence her powers and abilities, and her deformed face. After her mother predicted a devastating volcanic eruption, she made local headlines, then she was taken by a professor who was intent on proving the existence of psychological powers and she had a love affair with him. In a demonstration of her psychological powers, professors shouted and accused them of faking it, and during this demonstration sadako got pissed and killed someone with her powers. After this, the mother commited suicide, and the professor took sadako with him. Eventually he bashed sadakos head with a shovel and left her for dead in a well.