Can't Advance on Nar Shaddaa

It is my personal opinion that Obsidian Entertainment has done a really crappy job in terms of quality control on Knights of the Old Republic II. If they make a KotOR III, I want BioWare to do it, if only to reduce the number of bugs. I got my second disk from GameStop the other day after I exchanged my first one because workbenches weren't working, I couldn't talk to people, conversation elements that should've come up weren't, and blackouts.

So, I get my new disk, and am overall very satisfied until I go to Nar Shaddaa (my first planet other than Peragus or Telos). I do everything that is supposed to make the Exchange mad at me, save the "seeking passage" quest. I even paid that squeeky rodent NPC in the entertainment promenade 2000 of my credits to tell the Exchange how much I don't like them.

The lizard-heads (I think they're called Trandoshans, but I'm not sure) haven't taken over my ship yet, and I haven't been contacted by the Exchange, and I'm starting to get really frustrated just running around doing nothing. I've only saved in one slot, so I can't go back before I hit this planet. After my expieriences with the first disk, to get 16 hours into the next and have to restart would really dampen my enthusiasm.

It should also be noted that throughout this entire expierience (on Nar Shaddaa) I have had Visas Marr with me. I went back on to the Ebon Hawk shortly after touching down, and my character automatically sought her out. I read earler that if you get her before the Red Eclipse boards your ship then it makes it so that the plot dosen't advance.

I have the Prima guide right next to me, and according to it I should be done and gone with this place by now.

What's wrong? Is there anything I can do to advance the plot, or do I have to start over and forget about Visas until after Nar Shaddaa?

It is my personal opinion that Obsidian Entertainment has done a really crappy job in terms of quality control on Knights of the Old Republic II. If they make a KotOR III, I want BioWare to do it, if only to reduce the number of bugs. I got my second disk from GameStop the other day after I exchanged my first one because workbenches weren't working, I couldn't talk to people, conversation elements that should've come up weren't, and blackouts.

So, I get my new disk, and am overall very satisfied until I go to Nar Shaddaa (my first planet other than Peragus or Telos). I do everything that is supposed to make the Exchange mad at me, save the "seeking passage" quest. I even paid that squeeky rodent NPC in the entertainment promenade 2000 of my credits to tell the Exchange how much I don't like them.

The lizard-heads (I think they're called Trandoshans, but I'm not sure) haven't taken over my ship yet, and I haven't been contacted by the Exchange, and I'm starting to get really frustrated just running around doing nothing. I've only saved in one slot, so I can't go back before I hit this planet. After my expieriences with the first disk, to get 16 hours into the next and have to restart would really dampen my enthusiasm.

It should also be noted that throughout this entire expierience (on Nar Shaddaa) I have had Visas Marr with me. I went back on to the Ebon Hawk shortly after touching down, and my character automatically sought her out. I read earler that if you get her before the Red Eclipse boards your ship then it makes it so that the plot dosen't advance.

I have the Prima guide right next to me, and according to it I should be done and gone with this place by now.

What's wrong? Is there anything I can do to advance the plot, or do I have to start over and forget about Visas until after Nar Shaddaa?

talk to the rat-bat again -- does he say the Exchange wants yer head on a stick? If not, you may have to do more....I got Visas before Nar Shaddaa, as I went to Onderon first. good luck!

hmmm.....then it should trigger soon.  try heading back to the Ebon Hawk and see if it triggers then -- I was invited upon leaving the Promenade.....

I've done that a couple of times, but still, nothing happens. Is it because of Visas being in my party so early on that I have encountered this, or do I just need to run around some more and hope for the best?

hmmm.....then it should trigger soon.  try heading back to the Ebon Hawk and see if it triggers then -- I was invited upon leaving the Promenade.....

I've done that a couple of times, but still, nothing happens. Is it because of Visas being in my party so early on that I have encountered this, or do I just need to run around some more and hope for the best?

I'm surprised the Red Eclipse hasn't come for you, since the Exchange wants you....have you tried leaving and coming back? I'm also wondering if it's a hardware issue, since your previous disc seemed to have so many issues. Besides this, has the game acted up in other ways? The most I've experienced in my copy (45+ hours now) is a framerate drop to zero, once, and occasionally minor graphical glitches. I'd say make the rounds around Nar Shaddaa one more time, especially if you've done everything, and hope for the best -- I hope you get the invite soon!

I paid bat-guy to make sure the Exchange knew I didn't like them. But what I think triggered the gang to take over the Ebon Hawke was when I told the landing pad dude that I could care less if the spot was reserved for someone else.

Also, I would highly reccomend alternating between at least two or three saved games. Makes life much easier.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

I paid bat-guy to make sure the Exchange knew I didn't like them. But what I think triggered the gang to take over the Ebon Hawke was when I told the landing pad dude that I could care less if the spot was reserved for someone else.

Also, I would highly reccomend alternating between at least two or three saved games. Makes life much easier.

Actually, in my first game, I didn't pay the mouse-dog--midget alien to alert the exchange. You just have to do a load of side quests, beat the Red Eclipse and Atton will inform you once your recieve the message.

I'm surprised the Red Eclipse hasn't come for you, since the Exchange wants you....have you tried leaving and coming back?  I'm also wondering if it's a hardware issue, since your previous disc seemed to have so many issues.  Besides this, has the game acted up in other ways?  The most I've experienced in my copy (45+ hours now) is a framerate drop to zero, once, and occasionally minor graphical glitches.  I'd say make the rounds around Nar Shaddaa one more time, especially if you've done everything, and hope for the best -- I hope you get the invite soon!

Well, after my issues with the first disk, I went into the memory screen for the X-box hard drive and manually deleted the whole thing. After I did that, I had no problems with the new disk until my problem as noted above and something I discovered just last night.

I cannot do multiple saves. If I'm playing a game that I have saved in one slot and then save the same game in a new slot, when I start the game, I can only load the auto-save and the newest purposely saved game. But when I take a look at my X-Box's memory, it tells me that there are two saved games and the auto save, I just can't access one of them. I had the same problem with the last disk, but never had this problem with KotOR I. I wonder if this is due to my X-Box (unlikely, as I've never had any problems with it before) or the disk.

Besides some widely known framerate issues and the whole Nar Shaddaa thing, the game is otherwise perfect.