Moving threads

Naso

A lot of threads are being moved to the tech support forum that aren't actually requests for tech support but discussions of the actually quality of the game, which seems to fit "General Discussion" pretty well. Is this the no non-happy threads allowed part of the forum or something?

your not the only one to notice this, granted its the mods jobs, but jus like the american police the power seems to make them slightly trigger happy

not slagging of the mods at all, just making an observation so dont take it the wrong way

ps naso we r rebelling i hope you realise, prepare to be modded :D

I totally agree with the thread moving. A lot of them contain spoilers, and sadly, apparantly no one who posts there knows how to use spoilertags.

And if they don't belong in the tech forum, then they should at least belong in the spoiler forum or in the x-box forum. :)

[spoiler=] people are way way to ott about spoiling things, the fun is in finding out how things happen, not what happens, think bout it [spoiler=]

well, The how is very nice, but personally, I like to experience the what first-hand instead of it being spoiled.....like the Twist from KOTOR, for example. some #$%@ ruined that one for me at GameFAQs, and even though all I could think about was why/how, I knew it was coming; that sucked. Didn't stop my enjoyment of the game, but the experience could've been even more mind-blowing, imho.

[spoilers] people are way way to ott about spoiling things, the fun is in finding out how things happen, not what happens, think bout it [\spoilers]

From what I heard until now, because of people not carefully handling spoilers, I know a lot of things I didn't want to. This has put a considerous dent in my expectations of the game.

Ever heard of Schr

[spoilers] people are way way to ott about spoiling things, the fun is in finding out how things happen, not what happens, think bout it [\spoilers]

From what I heard until now, because of people not carefully handling spoilers, I know a lot of things I didn't want to. This has put a considerous dent in my expectations of the game.

Ever heard of Schr

Actually, you explained your opinion on the matter quite well -- and I agree, absolutely.  But yet, I can't leave the forums, and stop from talking about KOTOR2....but these boards are much "safer" than those elsewhere.  As soon as I see something that sounds spoilerific, I flee.  But of course, sometimes they sneak up on ya, and I'm not that innocent of being spoiler-free

(I am now, though, since I know how to do it!)

:)

Yeah, there have been a lot of spoilers, but that's a different issue, and you don't solve that by moving everything to the tech support forum. That's a censorship move, which is differet. Obsidian owns these boards and has every right to censor, but if they are going to do so, we should be told we'll need to take loyalty oaths ala GOP conventions

I think you guys are taking this way too far. The moved threads are not deleted and can still be tracked in the tech support forum. Not only that, they leave behind a 'moved' link so you don't lose track of the thread.

Surreptitious censorship? Come now...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, there have been a lot of spoilers, but that's a different issue, and you don't solve that by moving everything to the tech support forum.  That's a censorship move, which is differet.  Obsidian owns these boards and has every right to censor, but if they are going to do so, we should be told we'll need to take loyalty oaths ala GOP conventions

Personally, I don't think the mods all have the same views on which topics belong in which forums.

I've also noticed that one mod will delete a post, or find a post in violation of forum rules while another won't.

People have been anti-Obsidian openly on these boards and no one censored them. People have been anti-Bioware openly on these boards and no one censored them. People have been anti-moderators openly on these boards and no one censored them.

I've even seen people blast Feargus and go out of their way to antagonize mods and try to get banned.

There isn't a lot of censorship here. The best way to get a thread deleted is to bash other companies, to tell you the truth.

These boards need some policing. If anything to prevent spoilers from being posted everywhere.

Flaming is alright with me for as long as it's confined to a single thread or whatever. Should it become personal, it's no longer flaming, it's harassing. And a lot of people wouldn't be happy with that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In ways it was better. And while this account was activated in May, I was here in February. My original account never activated despite my countless emails. That's why I'm signed up as EnderWiggin instead of my usual EnderAndrew.

No one ever got back to me, and despite clicking "resend validation email" I never got one. But I was reading threads since the days of "Will Project X feature crates?"

I digress.

I think the moderators delete the weirdest threads, and leave others. I think there are no clear rules as for what is "off-topic" in the "off-topic" areas. I've had atleast 4 threads deleted from "off-topic" because the topic was inherently spam. The latest was Volourn's Gender.

Surely it was a silly topic. But our conversation was on topic the whole time, and it was in the off-topic area. Word association games are considered spam by the rules. Other than that, how do we determine what is spam, and thusly off-topic in off-topic?

I've asked several moderators and never gotten a response.

To be fair, the moderators have been polite to me while deleting my threads, and the only "warning" I've ever received from a moderator was an unofficial one to stop using a certain former term we had for Interplay.

I disagree with the fact that these boards need moderating. If you were here when there was no moderating then you would have seen that everything ran smoothly and there wasn't too many problems. If there was a problem then the two users themselves took care of it by themselves, the way it should be. Once I finish the game I will never come back on this site unless some things start changing for the better. As you can see I left for some time in the period between when I registered and when the game came out, as relative to my post count. This place has gone so downhill all that I can hope is that sometime in the future it will change and then I will resume my posting here. I hope to finish the game soon and to never return here until things change or until Kotor 3 comes out. Please see my thread about Obisidian to see my thoughts on them.

I disagree with the fact that these boards need moderating.  If you were here when there was no moderating then you would have seen that everything ran smoothly and there wasn't too many problems.  If there was a problem then the two users themselves took care of it by themselves, the way it should be.

And whoi will move spoilers (because that's what happened) when a newbie (or a "regular" for that matter) posts spoilers where they don't belong? And who will warn and eventually ban certain members (whose name I will not mention) when they start spamming and harrassing other members? Moderating is required overhere, and to be honest, I think it needs even a little more moderating...

But I still think these boards are pretty civil and decent compared to most forums :sorcerer:

I disagree with the fact that these boards need moderating.  If you were here when there was no moderating then you would have seen that everything ran smoothly and there wasn't too many problems.  If there was a problem then the two users themselves took care of it by themselves, the way it should be.  Once I finish the game I will never come back on this site unless some things start changing for the better.  As you can see I left for some time in the period between when I registered and when the game came out, as relative to my post count.  This place has gone so downhill all that I can hope is that sometime in the future it will change and then I will resume my posting here.  I hope to finish the game soon and to never return here until things change or until Kotor 3 comes out.  Please see my thread about Obisidian to see my thoughts on them.

You seem to forget that K2 hasn't been released everywhere yet. You might be fine with spoilers, but International xboxers and us PC'ers are not. And while you may think that usually problems will be resolved between the involved parties without many problems, that is not always the case. Perhaps when these boards were only frequented by die-hard fans it was enough, but with all the new users (and we haven't seen the bulk of them yet) we are going to need somebody to enforce the rules, lest we want these forums to become the LA Message Boards, Pt II.

Funny you say there is too much policing to your liking when of the four mods assigned to this forum, only two have logged in in the past two weeks, with Ms. Teksuni MIA since early October.

"Flaming is alright with me for as long as it's confined to a single thread or whatever. Should it become personal, it's no longer flaming, it's harassing. And a lot of people wouldn't be happy with that. "

Eh. We harass each other all the time, and it's fun. Same with me and Ender, me and Hades, oops, see a pattern here? :D

"The latest was Volourn's Gender."

I'd wager that was erased because it had gottne pretty big, was an old thread that recently got bumped, and wasn't going anywherer fast. No one on the 'net knows 100% what I am; though some should be at least 97.34% sure. :-"

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.