A new breed of Characters and Gameplay.

They need a Sith Lord who is TOTALLY ROUGE. No HELP from NO ONE. No friends. His purpsorse unclear. His species unique. Something different. Something unexpected.

There shoudl be NO good guy or bad guy. Lets face it. Good and evil is based on experiece. Let the player discover what good and evil really is rather than just have the kight in shining armour always comin to save the day..

KOTOR 3 should ahve 30000 lines of dialouge. The devs have 2-3 years for this one.

The gameplay should be 'different and unique'

Make it different, artisically brilliant, and the a defining game of our decade.

amen to that, i still cant believe how incredibly stupid lucasarts were (if it was lucasarts) pushing obsidian to make a release date that was going to compromise the games quality, personally i would of been quite happy waiting until summer of '05 or even christmas if necassery to get a perfectly polished, debugged and finished version of the game. im not sure that others wil agree tho, specially with the christmas '05 statment!

amen to that, i still cant believe how incredibly stupid lucasarts were (if it was lucasarts) pushing obsidian to make a release date that was going to compromise the games quality, personally i would of been quite happy waiting until summer of '05 or even christmas if necassery to get a perfectly polished, debugged and finished version of the game. im not sure that others wil agree tho, specially with the christmas '05 statment!

Heck, make it Christmas '06 with a new engine to boot! :-

manthing2.jpg

*Sigh* : There are so many games out there these days who seem rushed. Regardless if the got released in summer or b4 christmas. It just became much much harder to create a new innovative Game.

Look @Halo2, D

Heck, make it Christmas '06 with a new engine to boot! :-

Too a guy like me the K2 visuals are already superior to the ones of K1. Details sure, but you can hardly deny. Considering how complex K2 actually is, its no wonder we didn't got Riddick visuals to me :ph34r:

There shoudl be NO good guy or bad guy. Lets face it. Good and evil is based on experiece. Let the player discover what good and evil really is rather than just have the kight in shining armour always comin to save the day..

No, I don't agree with this. A well defined good/evil line is one of the classic elements of the SW universe (perhaps not the prequels), twisting roles would probably substract from the game's overall SW feeling.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

213375U is right, Star Wars is based around good and evil. The idea of a dark side and a light side, thats what pretty much all fantasy is based on. Its okay to have philosophical questions about what it is exactly, or to question someones motives for what they do, because eveyone knows in real life nothing is completely black and white, but even in real life good is still good and evil is still ultimatley evil, no matter what causes it or what the motives were. If they all of the sudden decided to make the sith, who are the bullies of the galaxies, the good guys. Then the Jedi who are the protecters (even though some of them may be arrogant) the bad guys, it would totaly destroy what Star Wars is in the game.

Everything else I agree with though, lots of dialogue and development time would make the game quite awesome. They shouldn't make it to completely artistic though, a good level would be nice, but I just don't want it to turn out like some cheesy over done independent film.

They need a Sith Lord who is TOTALLY ROUGE.

Totally red? What does his color have to do anything about it? Oh is that make up?

I think he meant rough?

if he didnt then i have no clue :(

or maybe, ROGUE ?

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

They need a Sith Lord who is TOTALLY ROUGE. No HELP from NO ONE. No friends. His purpsorse unclear. His species unique. Something different. Something unexpected.

Something different and unique. Yes. Pupose unclear? Maybe, so long as cliches are left covered and built upon. Mystery is usually a must with a good villain, but the enigmatic quality must reflect the villain, not be a part of him. His background and actions can be clouded, but they both should be combined into him, creating a memorable villain.

As a SW game, it should go along with the SW theme, but I do have to agree with points like Jolee expresses...his quality should be kept in mind...

KOTOR 3 should ahve 30000 lines of dialouge. The devs have 2-3 years for this one.

As long as the gameplay is as fresh and memorable as the first time, I have no problem with this, meaning as long as the quests have moderate quality and are memorable so the casual gamer does not get confused.

The gameplay should be 'different and unique'

Yes, but everything included should at least complement some aspect of the SW universe, which I think you probably mean.

Make it different, artisically brilliant, and the a defining game of our decade.

This is the only point I disagree with you on. It should be unique, creatively genius, and a revolutionary experience of our era.

2 to 3 years developement? Gotta disagree STRONGLY with that (unless they make a MMORPG....which I would be totally game for).

Fact is, after two successful releases of the product series, LA knows the numbers in terms of sales, they just need to make sure the company that gets the contract (be it Obsidian, Bioware, who ever), has (and is willing to guarentee it) a staff large enough to put out a larger game but keep the quality at the same level (at a minimum). The KotOR franchise is a HUGE money maker for them so they should put some of those profits back into the development of the franchise I think.

My only real compaint about both releases has been the size of the game, both have just been way to small and cramped!

PS: I agree with other posters, Star Wars in about good vrs evil, not many shades of grey! If your looking for Grey in Star Wars, go play SWG where the dark jedi are politer and freindier then the so called Good Jedi's) The villians in KotOR have been top notch Villians. Heck most of the supporting cast NPCs have been top notch (altho to be fair, im sure if I posted the ones I disliked from parts one and 2, many more people will have liked them, so its just personal taste).

hehe, me im just happy there is once again a RPG on the market thats athrow back to the older days of substance and story over bang bang boom boom!!!!!!

I agree with other posters, Star Wars in about good vrs evil, not many shades of grey!

Agreed, like many others.

The KotOR franchise is a HUGE money maker for them so they should put some of those profits back into the development of the franchise I think.

Yep, Lucasarts knows when to milk a cash-cow.

Now IF they make a KOTOR3 (I think they will) they should make production/designing etc of it 2 years at a bare minimum. Now I haven't played TSL yet, seeing as though I'm English+PCer, but from what i have seen over in Technical forum, there are a lot of bugs. Yes some will be recitified by Feb, but many will still remain. (I encounter few if any bugs, so I am lucky). If Lucasarts is smart (HA!) they will have 2 years of prduction at a bare minimum, in order to create the best game possible.

(unless they make a MMORPG....which I would be totally game for).

If u r suggesting KOTOR become one of them, I refer you to this thread

KOTOR3 MMORPG

Check the votes!

My only real compaint about both releases has been the size of the game, both have just been way to small and cramped!

To me, K2 seemed bigger than K1, but I think that the KotOR series should side in the quality view in the war of Quality vs. Quantity.

PS: I agree with other posters, Star Wars in about good vrs evil, not many shades of grey! If your looking for Grey in Star Wars, go play SWG where the dark jedi are politer and freindier then the so called Good Jedi's)

I don't take to that example of grey being portrayed in Kotor. I think that some of those Sith in the game should be polite and unmenacing, but stab you in the face when the time is right, and some of the Jedi should be more arrogant without falling to the DS (more examples of how most people think of Vrook)

The villians in KotOR have been top notch Villians. Heck most of the supporting cast NPCs have been top notch (altho to be fair, im sure if I posted the ones I disliked from parts one and 2, many more people will have liked them, so its just personal taste).

The NPC's have usually been top-notch in KotOR, but the villains...some need to drop the crap and become alot more rounder in their personalitites.

I don't take to that example of grey being portrayed in Kotor. I think that some of those Sith in the game should be polite and unmenacing, but stab you in the face when the time is right, and some of the Jedi should be more arrogant without falling to the DS (more examples of how most people think of Vrook)

Haven't we done this before? Uthar in KOTOR 1...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Haven't we done this before? Uthar in KOTOR 1...

No...maybe...strange how the mind fails you after a while...

Indeed :D. Anyway, nothing wrong about polite villains that make you trust them. It at laast give us a good variation from the oh-so-many Sith whose first action will be to try and chop you in two with his/her lightsaber :wub:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Indeed :D. Anyway, nothing wrong about polite villains that make you trust them. It at laast give us a good variation from the oh-so-many Sith whose first action will be to try and chop you in two with his/her lightsaber :wub:

Exactly my point, and the villain could be established as such, or they could just be enigmatic. :-