does it matter what Revan was in KOTOR 1?

i did a search and couldnt find this topic, so if there is one i apologize. my question is does the answers you give atton rand at the beginning have any significance to the story? the four different options you can answer (through 2 strings of dialogue) are: revan was 1)ds male 2)ds female 3)ls male 4)ls female.

has anyone played through all four variations to see whether revans gender actually makes a difference (other than people referring to revan as 'he' or 'she') and whether revans alignment makes any difference (other than dialogue discussing whether revan saved/turned on the republic)? in other words, are the play throughs much different because of these questions at the beginning? or, like kotor 1, the only difference in play through is your actions in the current game, rather than the answers to attons questions having an impact?

I've played through 3 combinations. They mostly affect the cameos that appear in the game. Some of the dialogue is altered slightly based on Revan's alignment/gender, but nothing that really impacts gameplay in a significant way. I could go into further detail about the cameos if someone asks.

My fiance played where Reven was a ds male and on Korriban if you blow open a door you get a holocron of Bastilla talking about how Reven left the Star Forge and those who had tried to control it died.

I played where Reven was ds female and in talking to T3M4 saw a recording of Carth talking about Reven leaving as well, saying that he still had faith in what she used to be and some other stuff. I probably should have paid more attention.

Should I be putting that in spoiler tags? It's the spoiler board, so I don't know. If I do let me know & I'll edit. Thanks.

thats a bit of a disappointment. when i heard that wed be asked about revan i thought maybe it would have a significant impact on the story depending on what you answered. but if all it does is give a few extra dialogue options or adds a couple of brief cameos or holocron appearances by former party members, then it seems like it was a feature added just to placate those who wanted revan to return.

I got T3 to show that toward the end of the game. There is a dialogue option that says something like "T3, how did you get here?" It happens after T3 zaps HK47 for looking into why the navicomputer was voice locked. It was through that dialogue that I saw the recording of Carth. I hope that helped, I really don't remember the specific conversation.

I do remember after it plays, you can say "Friend of yours?" but T3 doesn't remember how that recording got there, just that it's there. Poor T3!

I got T3 to show that toward the end of the game. There is a dialogue option that says something like "T3, how did you get here?" It happens after T3 zaps HK47 for looking into why the navicomputer was voice locked. It was through that dialogue that I saw the recording of Carth. I hope that helped, I really don't remember the specific conversation.

I do remember after it plays, you can say "Friend of yours?" but T3 doesn't remember how that recording got there, just that it's there. Poor T3!

What else does T3 say about Revan? I'll probably never find out because I never influence or use T3, except maybe as a workbench.

I repaired T3 so much on my second time through the game until I could do some form of meditation to heal T3, never understood the point of that, other than it is there to fill his life again.

If you do that on him a couple of times, does something special happen? Also, I don't remember being able to ask T3 "How did you get here" or similar, but I'll try again now that I'm on my third character.

LSF R -> Carth is an Admiral of the Republic & you get multiple cutscenes with him throughout the game (this is true of all variants where Carth is alive)

--Carth also has a special cutscene in which he asks whether you (the Exile) know of Revan's whereabouts

--only one minor Bastila appearance on Korriban (cave)

LSM R -> Carth is an Admiral of the Republic

--Bastila on Korriban (cave)

--Carth asks you whether you (the Exile) know of Revan's whereabouts, and Bastila appears later in the cutscene

If you have enough influence with T3, you can also get a special recorded message of Bastila or Carth near the end of the game, after you've finished all the planets. You do not need to repair him all the way for this to happen as far as I know, but I believe you do need an Intelligence stat of at least 14.

DSF R -> Carth is NOT an Admiral of the Republic (it is assumed he is dead after the DSF romance ending). Instead, you get some random 'Admiral Cede' who has all the same lines with none of the same panache. Puh. There is a bug in that you see a holorecording of Carth when you encounter the Disciple.

--Bastila on Korriban (cave) & on Korriban (holocron)

DSM R -> Carth is dead?

Those are the main changes I've noted in my games. I haven't played a DSM R game yet, so I might have missed something in that.

DSM R -> Carth is an Admiral of the Republic?

Those are the main changes I've noted in my games.  I haven't played a DSM R game yet, so I might have missed something in that.

i played through as a ds male (although the influence system had me a bit confused so i ended up playing 'neutral' through much of it) and i never encountered carth. also, i never got in to that cave because you have to be either extremely ls or extremely ds to enter (thats the message i got when i tried) so i never got to see bastila either.

atleast now i know i have stuff to look forward to on my next play through.