How do you get the romance with Atton?

I beat the game and my jedi chick never got any lovin'. I wanted to open up the romance with Atton, and now I want to know what happens if you get it. Did you have to make him your apprentice in order to get the romance story? I never had enough influence with him to finish his backstory, either.

The closest thing I got to romance was

before Malacor V I got a cut scene where Atton said something stupid about the ship(I forget) and then it cut to the Diciple and I told him I was a wound in the force and he said he didn't believe it and praised my character for who she was, and said he was loyal to her, blah blah.

I was playing light side.

I didn't take Visas out enough I don't think so I didn't get the romance plot with her, either.

I did get to see some cut scenes with Atton and Disciple fighting over my character. Those were funny.

Anyway, feel free to spoil away for me if you know or saw what happens in the "romance" with Atton. I'm going to play the game again dark side and I haven't decided who I want to influence yet.

Thanks!

The romances in KOTOR 2 are only shadows of what they were in KOTOR; echos, if you will. ;) It's mostly hints, innuendo, and more of your NPCs talking about you than to you. Atton will hit on you several times towards the beginning, but that stops later on in the game. You build up influence with him so you can ask him about touchy subjects (mainly, his past). Talking about the touchy subjects will lead to his wanting to become a Jedi and that's about it.

First, to gain influence:

-agree with his plans (Peragus on the Harbinger)

-On Telos in the Irrigation Center/Secret Jedi Academy you can talk to the Handmaidens. Ask any one of them about your friends/allies and she'll mention that the male one--Atton--could have potentially given them some trouble if he wanted to, due to his knowledge of Echani training. Later, you can ask him about it. Do not call him a liar and do not Force Persuade him. Say that you didn't mean any harm and that you think his skills could be an asset to the group.

-On Nar Shadaa in the Refugee Center in the Serocco territory - there'll be an airspeeder. If you get at least one part to fix it, you'll come up with the option to say "I'll let the expert handle this". Atton will reply, "Expert. I like the sound of that" and you'll gain influence.

-there are instances in the game where it's a clear LS/DS choice situation. You can engage in benevolent behavior (give a man some credits) or take the psychotic DS route (kill a person for looking at you twice). Atton is extremely easy in that he has no particular LS or DS inclination; so you can go about your merry way leaving either a path strewn with butterflies and rose petals or carnage and destruction in your wake. If you do a benevolent act, you'll gain influence. If you kill a random schmuck, he'll be shaken, but as long as you reassure him you'll gain influence anyway. I could go into this in greater detail if anyone asks.

His past (spoilers):

He has a not too squeaky-clean past that has made him who he is. The only way to find out about it is to hit a certain trigger spot in the Refugee Center of Nar Shadaa. Two twi'leks labeled only as "Twi'lek"'s will approach the party. If Atton is in the party, they will say something to the effect of "He (Atton) has returned. Will he recognize us? No, he's never seen us before. But the one he travels with deserves to know." If he's not in the party, "He (Atton) has returned. Does the one he travels with know about him? No, of course not." If you have done numerous good deeds around the Refugee Center and Nar Shadaa, they will say, "You've done much good for the Refugee Sector, so we'll tell you about your companion." If you haven't done anything (or have done DS things), they will say they know some information about Atton and charge you a small fee.

After you have talked to the twi'leks, you can ask Atton about them. This is the first conversation. If you have enough influence, you can ask him immediately after more about his past, which is the second conversation. After that, again, if you have enough influence, you can start the third and final conversation. Depending on how you respond to what he tells you, you can make him a Dark Jedi or a LS Jedi. Once you've shown him the force and made him a Jedi, that concludes the dialogue about his past.

NPC Interactions on the Ebon Hawk:

-Bao-Dur and Atton discuss Atton's odds of hooking up with "the General"

-Disciple and Atton argue over your PC

-Disciple and your PC are meditating together. Atton is watching them, and Mira says, "Meditation envy?"

Other:

-if you talk to Mira and are more than 75% LS, she'll comment on your 'glow'. She'll compare it to being hooked up to a power coupling and then ask if you and Atton have ever hooked up a power coupling, wink wink. If you have more Influence with Disciple, she'll ask if you and Disciple hooked up a power coupling.

-if you pursue the line of dialogue with Kreia regarding hearing the thoughts of your companions, you'll hear Atton's--which consist of him playing a game of Pazaak. You can go ask him about it. This is probably one of the sweeter lines of dialogue in the romance with him when he says at the end, "So if you're ever in battle with a Jedi--light or dark--that's trying to get into your head, they won't be able to touch you. Because you'll be far away with me, playing Pazaak" (paraphrase)

-when you fight the final battle you'll have a chance to ask about the fate of your companions. You can ask, "Did Atton love me?" You can also ask about Disciple, who "will always love you in a pure, idealized way".

The closest thing I got to romance was before Malacor V I got a cut scene where Atton said something stupid about the ship(I forget) and then it cut to the Diciple and I told him I was a wound in the force and he said he didn't believe it and praised my character for who she was, and said he was loyal to her, blah blah. I was playing light side.

I didn't take Visas out enough I don't think so I didn't get the romance plot with her, either.

I've played both Male and Female. The conversation you had with Disciple (as a female) is the same one that you have with Visas if you're male. You get a little more closure with the Visas romance, however.

I'd guess that since Visas is said to be a viable romance option for Female PCs, that if you don't have enough/any influence with Disciple (and some with Visas), you'll get the speech with Visas instead of Disciple. That's probably easier with a DS Female character. I am mildly curious about whether Atton will step up to fill that conversation if you don't have enough influence with Visas OR Disciple. That is speculation on my part, however.

Hope I helped. I can also post what I know about Disciple, though his romance is even skimpier than Atton's.

Hey thanks for the info!

I got most of that stuff with Atton, so I feel better now. About the only thing I didn't get was to finish his backstory. Mira asked me about the Disciple, not Atton, and the Disciple is sort of creepy to me so I denied the whole thing. Disciple was a good fighter so I took him out a lot, which is probably why I had higher influence with him. He was very easy to turn into a LS Jedi. I had both him and Visas at 100% light with me by the end of the game.

It's too bad the romances weren't as developed as the first game, but at least they give you an option of who to pick, sort of.

Thanks again! :p

NPC Interactions on the Ebon Hawk:

-Bao-Dur and Atton discuss Atton's odds of hooking up with "the General"

-Disciple and Atton argue over your PC

-Disciple and your PC are meditating together. Atton is watching them, and Mira says, "Meditation envy?"

Well it's nice to know some of the dialogue that can take place... <_<

I've played through three times as a female now and have NEVER got any of the fight/advice scenes despite having maxed out influence with both of them. However, considering some of the glitches that I've encountered, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I've also heard of a few more scenes: One where desperate Atton seeks out advice from Bao-Dur yet again, and another following Atton and Disciple first fight, where Atton apologizes, and though the Disciple admits to having an "interest" in the female PC they both pledge to protect the her.

But still this is all hypothetical to me; the game gives me NOTHING

I've played through three times as a female now and have NEVER got any of the fight/advice scenes despite having maxed out influence with both of them. However, considering some of the glitches that I've encountered, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

:( That is unfortunate. I've personally gotten a lot more framerate drops and random freezes than story glitches.

I've also heard of a few more scenes: One where desperate Atton seeks out advice from Bao-Dur yet again, and another following Atton and Disciple first fight, where Atton apologizes, and though the Disciple admits to having an "interest" in the female PC they both pledge to protect the her.

I've also heard rumours along similar lines. I played LSF twice with max influence on Atton & Disciple and have not personally encountered those scenes. Maybe fourth time as DSF will be the charm...

Okay, I haven't gotten very far with my femal character (yeah, yeah, I played KOTOR 2 first and am going back to play KOTOR after I've beaten the sequal, sue me)

Is disciple the same as visas? Because Visas is so cool, she should be the main character. I gave her a double-bladed lightsaber (silver at first, and then red!), made her a light side master. Okay, it's really cool if you look at it, because she's got this glow, and she looks like your typical darth-maul meets darth-vader. Very cool.

I got shivers when she used force storm on her old master. Oh, man, that was so cool!