influince woes

HK50

Okay, someone tell me how the heck you please these people. I mean, all they do is BMC all the time, OH you killed someone :), or I disagree with this plan, their out to get them. Who here sides me thinks all these people were cloned from Juhani or Carth and stuck in BMC mode?

I really do hate this influence system, I really think obsidian needs to make it so that if your party members are used around you alot and you kill people and do wrong it rubs off on them and they sink slower into darkness. Not you have to impress them with niceness and gain ls points when your ds and crap. I mean I spent time with kreia and I be my ds self and threaten her and stuff saying I'd slice her up if she challenged me and I lose influence with her, It's stupid, to get influence with the character you have to be nice to them which nets you LS points. I don't like it, If I keep doing this it's gonna be awhile before Im full Ds mastery.

I have no idea how you gain influence on them either. Most of the time I try every dialogue option there is and nothing will happen. You have to use them in the right time and do the right thing when you have no idea when that time is or what you need to do. This part of the game is very frustrating.

Yes, this part of the game can be irritating but I find it fun to experiment with. First off, you'll probably never get everyone to LS or DS, especially Kreia, crazy a$$ woman, Visas apparently follows you no matter what, at least as far as I can tell (can anyone confirm this?). It's much easier to get the neutral chars. Atton, Bao-Dur to go LS. Talking to Kreia about some of the people, Atton, Handmaiden, and Visas, as far as I know, opens up some new dialogue branches. And last.... anyone know how to make HK-47 LS? That would be interesting.

Yes, this part of the game can be irritating but I find it fun to experiment with. First off, you'll probably never get everyone to LS or DS, especially Kreia, crazy a$$ woman, Visas apparently follows you no matter what, at least as far as I can tell (can anyone confirm this?). It's much easier to get the neutral chars. Atton, Bao-Dur to go LS. Talking to Kreia about some of the people, Atton, Handmaiden, and Visas, as far as I know, opens up some new dialogue branches. And last.... anyone know how to make HK-47 LS? That would be interesting.

there is sometype of emotion processor you can get to put in HK where he feels remorse for killing then when you take it out of him he begs you to never do that again... though I never found it, though I am only on my second play through though. Maybe this would have something to do with turning HK LS? or the other option would be I guess the more obvious way of doing evil things with him in the party to gain influence but also allowing you to remain LS... though I am not sure if it is even possible... also has anyone got "Mandalore" to be LS? or GO-TO?

There should have been sometype on influence meter which would have let you know where you stood with them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The only way to check your influence over any given character is to check their alignment meter. The closer they are to your alignment, the more influence you have over them. If you're evil, their alignment might even be more evil than yours if you have a high enough influence. The same is true for good.

You can make DS character LS, or LS characters DS. To do this, you have to gain a great deal of influence over, say, Handmaiden or Mandalore by doing things they would approve of. In Handmaiden's case, usually acts of generosity or kindness. In Mandalore's case, eliminating the weak or supporting General Vaklu. Once you have done those things (which may be counter to your PC's alignment causing you to sacrifice a few DS/LS points) and gotten a good deal of Influence over the character, they drift to your alignment. So in that way, you can make 'good' characters such as Disciple or Handmaiden 'fall', and 'bad' characters such as Mandalore and HK can be 'redeemed'.

im finding it very frustrating and difficult to get influence over certain characters. it seems like you have to spend a lot of time with each in your party and the problem is that you can only bring along 2 at a time. ive played through 2 times now and so far i have only been able to get attons backstory and some of visas and handmaidens. handmaiden still wont tell me her real name even though ive convinced her to become a jedi and be my padawan. mira wont open up to me and ive put her in my party pretty much the entire time ive had her.

im finding it very frustrating and difficult to get influence over certain characters.  it seems like you have to spend a lot of time with each in your party and the problem is that you can only bring along 2 at a time.  ive played through 2 times now and so far i have only been able to get attons backstory and some of visas and handmaidens.  handmaiden still wont tell me her real name even though ive convinced her to become a jedi and be my padawan.  mira wont open up to me and ive put her in my party pretty much the entire time ive had her.

handmaiden tells you her name after the events of the second telos trip,before you leave.

It really isnt that hard to make Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and Atton dark jedi. You can counter most LS point gains by agreeing with Kreia on whatever to gain DS points. Also there are many things you can do to people during dialogue which wont result in killing them, but still a DS point gain. Handmaiden you just have to be sure to ignore Visas, and dont befriend her at all, and agree with the Handmaiden about Visas. I was able to turn Handmaiden on Dxun, and Bao-Dur on Onderon (3rd planet I visited). Atton is probably the easiest character to turn, because he can go either way. Simply justify any innocent killings, and he can usually be turned on Nar Shaddaa. On my last game I was able to make Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, and Atton all dark jedi, and still stay about 80% DS the whole game.