KOTOR III teaser????

KOTOR:3 is not currently in development.

Now that may not be accurate. KotOR II was in developement right before KotOR I was released. It was announced around 6 months later. So KotOR III could very well be under developement now.

Wasn't it also true that Lucasarts fired all the people working on it?

Now that may not be accurate. KotOR II was in developement right before KotOR I was released. It was announced around 6 months later. So KotOR III could very well be under developement now.

No. Obsidian has been making KotOR II the whole time, Bioware suggested them. Bioware didn't want to do the sequel so they can focus on creating their own IPs.

No, LucasArts had a team doing preproduction work on KOTOR:3 a while back. LucasArts laid off a good chunk of their staff. When that happened, production on KOTOR:3 stopped.

Atari outright said that no one is currently working on KOTOR:3. It's not a matter of it being secret, or unannounced. It's not currently in development.

But keep in mind Lucas Arts Still plans to have Star Wars Games made. They will just no longer be doing much in house work. Which means they will find someone else to make KOTOR III for them.

Before making the Decision to stop in house production they were going to do KOTOR III as an in house title. There was some work done on it but it was stopped when the staff was laid off.

I find it very doubtful they will just leave the work done to die. I think it's just a matter of finding a company to do it using the already done work. Obsidian may or may not want to for some reason or another. Or they may not beable to say anything until contracts are signed. LA may also be waiting to see how sales of KOTOR II are before signing Obisidian for the 3rd one.

Lots of things are up in the air but I think it's a safe bet someone will be making a KOTOR III at some point.

I'm sure LucasArts will try and have a KOTOR:3 made. However, LucasArts bombed with Gladius. They canceled Sam and Max 2. Several of their titles have really bombed over the past few years.

(Super Bom-Bad Racing, Episode 1, Rouge Squadron III, Racer's Revenge, Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, etc. etc.)

I don't think Jedi Academy did very well.

It's possible that they don't have money. I'm sure LucasBooks, LucasFilm and the like has money. But why pump money into a division that isn't turning a profit?

If Battlefront, KOTOR:2 and Republic Commando sell well, KOTOR:3 is far more likely to happen.

It's also possible that Obsidian doesn't have the full staff to do NWN:2 and KOTOR:3 at the same time. LucasArts may shop around for another house, or see if Obsidian can hire on another 20 staff-members.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm sure LucasArts will try and have a KOTOR:3 made.  However, LucasArts bombed with Gladius.  They canceled Sam and Max 2.  Several of their titles have really bombed over the past few years.

(Super Bom-Bad Racing, Episode 1, Rouge Squadron III, Racer's Revenge, Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, etc. etc.)

It's possible that they don't have money.  I'm sure LucasBooks, LucasFilm and the like has money.  But why pump money into a division that isn't turning a profit?

If Battlefront, KOTOR:2 and Republic Commando sell well, KOTOR:3 is far more likely to happen.

It's also possible that Obsidian doesn't have the full staff to do NWN:2 and KOTOR:3 at the same time.  LucasArts may shop around for another house, or see if Obsidian can hire on another 20 staff-members.

who profits from that movie coming out in march? i am just wondering that new star wars movie who gets all that cash?

I'm sure LucasArts will try and have a KOTOR:3 made.  However, LucasArts bombed with Gladius.  They canceled Sam and Max 2.  Several of their titles have really bombed over the past few years.

It's possible that they don't have money.  I'm sure LucasBooks, LucasFilm and the like has money.  But why pump money into a division that isn't turning a profit?

It's also possible that Obsidian doesn't have the full staff to do NWN:2 and KOTOR:3 at the same time.  LucasArts may shop around for another house, or see if Obsidian can hire on another 20 staff-members.

who profits from that movie coming out in march? i am just wondering that new star wars movie who gets all that cash?

That would be George Lucas.

As far as I can remember, he's personally financed the prequels and I believe the latter two of the original trilogy. So he will get the overwhelming majority of money that is made from "Revenge of the Sith".

Um...I don't think you do.

I don't think there's a teaser at the end. I watched the credits fully and didn't see any trailers. But there's a demo for Republic Commando though.

how do you get the demo for Republic Commando?

You go to options and it is in the options section of the start up screen

It is really cool by the way

As far as I know it was never confirmed.

No, LucasArts had a team doing preproduction work on KOTOR:3 a while back.  LucasArts laid off a good chunk of their staff.  When that happened, production on KOTOR:3 stopped.

Atari outright said that no one is currently working on KOTOR:3.  It's not a matter of it being secret, or unannounced.  It's not currently in development.

Hey can I get a link to that, because I have yet to see anything offical about them stopping production, everything I have seen is un-offical and rumors. Also not to sound too stupid here but what would Atari have to do with KOTOR? I thought they were a seporate company from LA and didn't have any rights to the KOTOR series?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

That would be George Lucas.

As far as I can remember, he's personally financed the prequels and I believe the latter two of the original trilogy.  So he will get the overwhelming majority of money that is made from "Revenge of the Sith".

didn't he finance all of the movies out of his own pocket? or company coffers after the first of the OT was so successful?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png