Ridiculously easy even on Diffucult.

I don't get it, this game is too too easy. I don't recall dying once through the entire playthrough(Jedi Sentinel/Sith Lord). I might have died at the end but only because there were like 4-5 dark jedi and their attacks all came at once. Force Lightning is cheap as hell, 3 or 4 of those will wipe out an entire room filled with enemies in seconds, most of the time before they even touch you. The only challenging thing in this game was maintaining influence and dark side points on a BROKEN influence system. If KOTOR was a 10 out of 10 this game is a 6. It feels rushed, they used too many settings from the first game, and even worse is that the areas are smaller. I know its been said before but this game IS like an expansion. Whoevers fault it is for the premature release of this game needs to really get it together. Maybe when all the excitement dies down people will finally this game for what is it. A rushed piece of **** that is no where near as enjoyable as the first Knights of the Old Republic.

yes you replied... this is just what ive been waiting for... you've just made a paradox of your own comments :D

You say that he should not handicap himself even though he ahs the strongest players there are with him. However you contradict you Uber Munchkinism theory as, even if the levels were lower you are suggesting that the levels of the enemies should in turn be higher...

Either that or alchol and foruming isnt mixed >.<

I am not saying higher level enemies. I am saying they need to put in smarter enemies. Also I am a role player, and I role play my characters on how they would act in a given situation. In a given situation that I am going to storm the enemy base and I can only take a few people with me it would be stupid not to take the most capable people with you.

The problem here is the uber munchkinism is already built into the game mechanics so the only way to make the game a challenge is to role play your character stupidly and I do not role play stupidly.

"You will find that the influence system works exactly as it was designed to"

Really? The Influence System was designed purposely to have npcs influence the PC and not the other way around? I originally heard differently. R00fles!

Or that someone who fell to the Dark Side would actually care that a DS character would refuse to help someone because they were in need?

Hahahaha!!

I tells ya one thing; if the system was designed for those purposes and the deisgn isn't broken; perhaps the deisgn is just bad.

O.. Touche.

And, as for difficulty, 'the going solo to make it ahrder' is silly. One of the bigest things about both KOTOR and KOTOR2 are the npcs - afterall, the FABLED Influence System is useless if you go solo. Not to mention, the game is rumoured to be balanced for a party not solo.

Hmm.. Your suggestions suck tm.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wheres the fun in going solo?? I like the interaction within the party and continuously equipping them with better items. Like in the first game with Canderous and Carth always going at it, you never really got that in this game. IMO your teammates suck in this game. Visas was cool because I maxed out every darkside killing force power and she was a murdering machine. Mandolore was great because I gave him a huge rifle and he could open up a can melee style if he needed to(no dex bonus but he just looks awesome with a big gun and his suit). Handmaiden was decent, I put the best armor on her, two handed lightsaber swinging action, and force powers that werent restricted by armor. My party was overkill with me and Visas both unleashing hell and Handmaiden or Mandalore slicing everyone to shreds.

I didnt get Atton to become a Jedi, and I got the gay wookie instead of Mira. How do they compare to the people I just mentioned?? Compared to those three everyone else sucked hardcore.

it ain't hard, as I have never been completely decimated, but I'll lose a PC on occasion. However, not if I unleash my combos of death (insanity/stasis + force storm/force wave) -- but that can get boring, imho.

The combat system hasn't changed from the last -- it would not be hard at all for those who mastered the last game. However, I want to fully-utilize all my party-members, try new force combos, etc.

I don't get it, this game is too too easy. I don't recall dying once through the entire playthrough(Jedi Sentinel/Sith Lord). I might have died at the end but only because there were like 4-5 dark jedi and their attacks all came at once. Force Lightning is cheap as hell, 3 or 4 of those will wipe out an entire room filled with enemies in seconds, most of the time before they even touch you.  The only challenging thing in this game was maintaining influence and dark side points on a BROKEN influence system.  If KOTOR was a 10 out of 10 this game is a 6.  It feels rushed, they used too many settings from the first game, and even worse is that the areas are smaller. I know its been said before but this game IS like an expansion. Whoevers fault it is for the premature release of this game needs to really get it together.  Maybe when all the excitement dies down people will finally this game for what is it. A rushed piece of **** that is no where near as enjoyable as the first Knights of the Old Republic.

Heh

When I discovered there was Korriban and Dantooine, I rolled my eyes. They simply took two areas and plastered some new artwork on it. Pretty lame IMO

- dr cloak

"When I discovered there was Korriban and Dantooine, I rolled my eyes. They simply took two areas and plastered some new artwork on it. Pretty lame IMO"

That's not lame. That's continuation. You sound like the people who compained about IWD2 because it "reused" maps. I'm sorry; but sequels should "reuse" things from previous games. Geez.

"When I discovered there was Korriban and Dantooine, I rolled my eyes. They simply took two areas and plastered some new artwork on it. Pretty lame IMO"

That's not lame. That's continuation. You sound like the people who compained about IWD2 because it "reused" maps. I'm sorry; but sequels should "reuse" things from previous games. Geez.

I agree, some things should be re-used. But a whopping two planets from the original? I want to see new content, not a rehash of old stuff I've seen before, with different artwork.

- dr cloak

I don't get it, this game is too too easy. I don't recall dying once through the entire playthrough(Jedi Sentinel/Sith Lord). I might have died at the end but only because there were like 4-5 dark jedi and their attacks all came at once. Force Lightning is cheap as hell, 3 or 4 of those will wipe out an entire room filled with enemies in seconds, most of the time before they even touch you.  The only challenging thing in this game was maintaining influence and dark side points on a BROKEN influence system.  If KOTOR was a 10 out of 10 this game is a 6.  It feels rushed, they used too many settings from the first game, and even worse is that the areas are smaller. I know its been said before but this game IS like an expansion. Whoevers fault it is for the premature release of this game needs to really get it together.  Maybe when all the excitement dies down people will finally this game for what is it. A rushed piece of **** that is no where near as enjoyable as the first Knights of the Old Republic.

Heh

When I discovered there was Korriban and Dantooine, I rolled my eyes. They simply took two areas and plastered some new artwork on it. Pretty lame IMO

- dr cloak

Surely I must not be the only one to enjoy visiting old places in sequels? Seeing the changes is fantastic in my eyes. Also looking at places to think "Here is where I wandered before as Revan, and that's where I killed Lashowe" or something like that. Sequels always do this for me, I almost always get to visit the good old places, and it makes me just faint because it is so cool.

You can only make a game so hard when the main character is a jedi, potential jedi, you go with the leader of the mandalorians who in his own right should be one of the greatest warriors in the game world, you have a crime boss, and a prototype assassin droid as party members. Even the only lowliest party members would be above average in any normal party. With all that in mind even if the only high profile member was your jedi character just him alone would make it so you can only have so much difficulty before you tarnish the reputation of jedi as the greatest warriors in the galaxy when required. The reason kotor was harder is because you fought far more force users who used force powers more prominently, the non force fights were easy save the star forge because of sheer volume, and because the weapons and armor were not quite as good.

Combine that with a raise level cap which is the same as not having one for our purposes because of how high it is and it is easy to see why the game is easier. Still there are some times I died from over confidence. The areas which could use improvement are toning down of weapon power, a level cap, more force users (story doesn't permit), and better usage of the force versus people who do use the force. The only one that would work game wide is the toning down of equipment. One that would work but is not feasible because of the level cap removal would be to weaken force powers, doing so would make alot of powers worthless at higher levels so you would basically be a non-force user with a lightsaber instead of a normal weapon. In short you play a jedi, what did you expect?

Keep in mind that you are all professional KotOR gamers. When you play KotOR1 again is this really a challenge anymore to anybody here?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

"Keep in mind that you are all professional KotOR gamers."

WOW! The lucky bums. They get paid to play KOTOR2 while I'll have to pay $70 for the privelege.

R00fles!

Keep in mind that you are all professional KotOR gamers. When you play KotOR1 again is this really a challenge anymore to anybody here?

Hehe

I actually one-hit killed the Master on Nar Shadda with a 15/5 Guardian/Maurader on 'Difficult' setting. Was the funniest thing ever. Evidence that one of the main reasons this game is 'easy' is due to how powerful you can become. When I was 15/2 I two-hit killed Vrook.

But comparing K1 and K2...I would say K2 is easier overall. Even on 'Difficult' setting.

- dr cloak