Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gauntlet Name Revealed: Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

roguefrog

roguefrog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Steam:roguefrog
  • PSN Portable ID:roguefrog
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ellester: I was born in San Diego but my parents are both from the midwest. (Illinois)

San Marcos (which is still within the county of San Diego) is about 30 minutes north of Mira Mesa (which is in San Diego proper) where in lies a few game company locations. (SCEA, SOE, and Midway)

EnderAndrew

EnderAndrew

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9241 posts
  • Steam:enderandrew
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
And there's a big naval base down there as well.

Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts

So?  Its not a CRPG.  I am more interested in J.E.'s work in CRPGs than anything else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too. Josh Sawyer needs to find a dev team that will let him remake Darklands. I'd purchase that sight-unseen if Sawyer's name was on it.

Whitemithrandir

Whitemithrandir

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1075 posts
J.E. Sawyer (Icewind Dale 2, Jefferson, and Van Buren)
Dave Maldonado (Fallout 2, PS:T, Icewind Dale 2)
Tom Hall (Anachronox)
Warren Spector (Ultima Underworlds, System Shock, Deus Ex)

Falltima Dale Shock: Invisible Underworlds

GOGOGOGOOG

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer
I lived in San Diego for a while, on Emerald Beach.

TBH, it was rather dull. The weather's great, but that's about it. I much prefer San Francisco. Full of Volvo-driving communists, of course, but hey.

Cheers
MC

Kelverin

Kelverin

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 913 posts

TBH, it was rather dull. The weather's great, but that's about it. I much prefer San Francisco. Full of Volvo-driving communists, of course, but hey.

Cheers
MC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emerald Beach???? Being born and raised in SD I have never heard of this Beach. Anyway San Diego is far from boring if you know where to go and what to do. Not only that but if you are board with the city - You have mountains, deserts, oceans, mexico and L.A. all less then 2 hours away. And F San Francisco anyway.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts

Cheers
MC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emerald Beach???? Being born and raised in SD I have never heard of this Beach. Anyway San Diego is far from boring if you know where to go and what to do. Not only that but if you are board with the city - You have mountains, deserts, oceans, mexico and L.A. all less then 2 hours away. And F San Francisco anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, and piss poor Grammar teachers.

1. 'Emerald Beach????' - should be 'Emerald Beach?!!' or 'Emerald Beach?' (a question mark with two exclamation points intensifies, one question mark indicates a question, four question marks are just freakin' annoying.
2. 'board' - should be 'bored'
3. 'mexico' - should be 'Mexico' (it's a place dear, capitals are important).
4. 'And F San Francisco anyway.' - Not sure where the hell you were going with this one, but it was so bad I had to make a fuss about it; besides, I noticed when I highlighted to copy it that you didn't space at the end.

ZING!

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer
Emerald Beach is a short distance (south-ish) from La Jolla. It was a long time ago, perhaps it's a bit less dull now. Everybody was driving beat-up VWs with those strange vinyl things strapped to the front of the bonnet.

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
this is why i live in colorado...

taks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users