Gauntlet Name Revealed: Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

funcroc

Guest Surlent

If I remember right, Harvey Smith also recently accepted a job in Midway.

He was the lead designer of Deus Ex and project leader of DX: Invisible War.

But too many chefs can spoil the soup.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Are they all working on the same project?

No. Tom Hall works on third party titles out of San Diego. John Romero is the Creative Director for San Diego and is working as a designer on a map for Gauntlet. Harvey Smith is at Midway Austin and I don't know anything about Warren Spector. Dave Maldonado and Terry Spier (Slyle) are also working on Gauntlet.

It's gotta be tough living down in Sunny San Diego.

Why, cost of living? I commute from San Marcos. 30min to an hour drive. Moving to Oceanside in Feb though.

Oceanslime?

Not my favorite part of San Diego. I was being sarcastic about it being tough. San Diego is probably my favorite city in the country.

Are they all working on the same project?

No. Tom Hall works on third party titles out of San Diego. John Romero is the Creative Director for San Diego and is working as a designer on a map for Gauntlet. Harvey Smith is at Midway Austin and I don't know anything about Warren Spector. Dave Maldonado and Terry Spier (Slyle) are also working on Gauntlet.

That is sad. [fanboi mode]So when is your next CRPG. (w00t) [/fanboi mode]

Oceanslime?

Not my favorite part of San Diego.  I was being sarcastic about it being tough.  San Diego is probably my favorite city in the country.

I'm not too thrilled over moving to Oceanside ethier but thats where the cheapest condo is. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a basis for comparison since I lived in San Diego/North County my entire life. In other words I've never lived in the real world. (i.e everything outside of California) I hear we have great weather. To this I must concur. :)

Wow. A California admits there is a real world outside of California. I knew a bunch of people that simply referred to the Midwest as the "dirt states".

One guy in San Diego though Omaha was Africa. No joke. He saw Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with lions and tigers. So he thought that's what Omaha was like.

Wow.  A California admits there is a real world outside of California.  I knew a bunch of people that simply referred to the Midwest as the "dirt states".

One guy in San Diego though Omaha was Africa.  No joke.  He saw Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with lions and tigers.  So he thought that's what Omaha was like.

They aren't, and Omaha isn't? (Last part I was just kidding, please don't rock my world with the first though. )

Anyhow, the Southern Californians call us up North Cow People....so we probably don't count anyway. :p