Kotor VS TSL

After playing both, which is ur fav?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. After playing both, which is ur fav?

• Knights Of The Old Republic
    • Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    • I can't decide ........ yet
    • I like them the same

Just because it isnt better than kotor doesnt automatically mean it sucked, which is what your post implied (otherwise, why should obsidian be embarrassed).  even if kotor is better, that still doesnt imply tsl sucked.  there is such a thing as being a good game without actually surpassing the previous installment.  its not quite as cut and dried as you make it out to be, where either it surpasses the first game or it was a complete bust.

The bugs and glitches alone make it suck. You can't ignore them.

a)as ive stated in other threads, i never experienced any bugs or glitches. the only thing i encountered where things that were removed from the game, such as the

droid factory

, so why i would add that as a negative to my gaming experience is beyond me and b)my comment is about how tyrell insists that just because votes are close that indicates tsl is a disappointment. as with fallout, if there was a poll and most people chose fallout 1, does that automatically mean fallout 2 sucked? because thats the assumption tyrell is using as "proof".

The last time I heard the Halo fanbase is buzzing crazy over Halo 2. The ONLY downside they say there is to Halo 2 is the ending, it leaves you in a cliff hanger. Other then that graphics, sound, gameplay, options, soundtrack, online etc....are ALL better in Halo 2.

Then we're talking to vastly different groups of people. On every board I've posted on, the words 'disappointing' and Halo 2 seem to always be used together.

Not that I care. I haven't played either of 'em.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

a)as ive stated in other threads, i never experienced any bugs or glitches.  the only thing i encountered where things that were removed from the game, such as the

droid factory

, so why i would add that as a negative to my gaming experience is beyond me and b)my comment is about how tyrell insists that just because votes are close that indicates tsl is a disappointment.  as with fallout, if there was a poll and most people chose fallout 1, does that automatically mean fallout 2 sucked?  because thats the assumption tyrell is using as "proof".

Just going to give two quick examples, cause I really don't want to get into some long debate about the issue...

Are you telling me you're the only person on the planet were master speed and the maurader damage resistance weren't bugged? Unless you didn't use them you encountered a bug.

Just going to give two quick examples, cause I really don't want to get into some long debate about the issue...

Are you telling me you're the only person on the planet were master speed and the maurader damage resistance weren't bugged?  Unless you didn't use them you encountered a bug.

you may be correct about those two. youre right, ive never used either of them. when i say i didnt run in to any "bugs", im talking about those game stoppers that people are posting about in the tech forum, such as blackscreens or unable to load the game or freezing up, or even slowdowns in crowded areas.

but as far as why im disagreeing with tyrell's post is concerned, as i stated, his "proof" isnt proof at all. his assumption that just because a game is equal in votes to its predecessor is a sign that it FAILED is flawed at the very least. my examples of how voting would go for fallout1 vs. fallout 2, or baldurs gate 1 vs. baldurs gate 2 are a perfect example of why tyrell's conclusion is flawed. unless, of course he wants to conclude that fallout 2 and baldurs gate 2 are an embarrassment and a failure as well. :(

It puts me down when people criticize KOTOR2 to death... everyone acts like they're a critic. Enjoy the game! have some fun.... sheesh :devil: If a lot of you think you're better then the people at obsidian, then your wrong, because they are in the company and you are not. :lol:" When someone in this forum makes they're own game from scratch thats better then maybe I'll listen. Go play!!

In my experience with the game, I NEVER had any problems with bugs, and i lagged ONCE, in the shyrack caves. I have no idea what everone else is whining about. The only thing i can complain about is the end, which just wasn't my cuip of tea. In fact, it left a big, gaping whole in me that will take some time to recover from. That's pretty much why Kotor is better IMO. Better ending. Period.

It puts me down when people criticize KOTOR2 to death... everyone acts like they're a critic. Enjoy the game! have some fun.... sheesh  :p If a lot of you think you're better then the people at obsidian, then your wrong, because they are in the company and you are not.  :-" When someone in this forum makes they're own game from scratch thats better then maybe I'll listen. Go play!!

I agree, but a lot of criticism was going to come along with this game, since it came behind one of the best Star Wars games ever.

I think there shouldn't be any 'KotOR vs. TSL,' for an optimal gaming experience (and the best 60 hours you'll ever spend on a RPG, probably save for Xenogears

:) ) I say pick up both titles if your funds permit it. You shall not be disappointed.

well, there's nothing wrong with nit-pickin, but seriously, if the game was "bad", I sure as hell wouldn't be here to cry about it -- I'd move on.

That always seems to be the fallback defense for people.

For every fanboy, there needs to be someone to equal it out, unless the game is truely good, then there's not nearly enough to equal.

It puts me down when people criticize KOTOR2 to death... everyone acts like they're a critic. Enjoy the game! have some fun.... sheesh  :thumbsup: If a lot of you think you're better then the people at obsidian, then your wrong, because they are in the company and you are not.  :-" When someone in this forum makes they're own game from scratch thats better then maybe I'll listen. Go play!!

I agree, but a lot of criticism was going to come along with this game, since it came behind one of the best Star Wars games ever.

I think there shouldn't be any 'KotOR vs. TSL,' for an optimal gaming experience (and the best 60 hours you'll ever spend on a RPG, probably save for Xenogears

:p ) I say pick up both titles if your funds permit it. You shall not be disappointed.

hehe Exar and Hutt, yas both totally on the money here :p

But really, if yas look at the negative posts you will only see 2 catagories. 1) Those that missed important messages, and 2) those that just bash the game!

Of the first catagory there seems to be alot that just were not paying attention to what was said in game. Definately not Obsidians fault there and for the most part, once you reply and explain it those negatives become positive reviews once they understand.

Of the second group, I have seriously only seen like 4 posters (who post a ton mind you but still they only 4 people) on these boards, that simply bash the game on every aspect. Its sad they need to make themselves feel important or grand by trying to tear down something made by someone else but they hardly being original by doing so. Just ignore their comments and posts (thats what I have decided to do to be honest). Again, not Obsidians fault! Woukd be nice if they moderated the boards and removed the people just out to bash for bashing sake but same can be said on any game board across the net honestly.

In the end, KotOR1 and 2 are awsome games, neither is with out faults but both are the top end of the current RPG genre. No true fan of computer RPGs will be disappointed in purchasing either or both games :) The people that like and enjoy the game out number those that dont by such a huge margin its not even funny. The shear amount of people that like the games tell the true story better then any single one person could! Computer games and customers are a very love / hate relationship. When you have such a one sided situation (as you do in the KotOR series and those that like the games), no amount of bashing and story telling will ever overcome the real truth. The numbers really do say it all :)

Sadly, no matter how good a game (or anything really) is, there will always be a minority (of a minority) that wish to tear down and destroy! They hide their motives behind false pretenses like balance and critisim. Only people they fooling are themselves tho. No one with any mental capacity at all are fooled by what they say or claim. At least we can be happy and take solice about that :)

Its like the old saying "either the glass is half full or half empty", it all comes down to how a person wishs to veiw things in the world around them, from as minor as a computer game to as major as foriegn policy. How you approach a topic is half the battle and sets the tone for the validity of your arguement/opinion.

There will be a part 3, and if sales stay at the level they are there will be a part 4,5,6 as well until the MARKET dictates other wise.

I guess everyone wanted that space-orgy ending they cut at the last minute -- too bad 

ROFLMAO!, Bodrock, thats great! Altho getting mental picture of Visas, Mira, Handmaiden! Heh, who could blame them for that wanting! hehehehehe (joking of course).

well, there's nothing wrong with nit-pickin, but seriously, if the game was "bad", I sure as hell wouldn't be here to cry about it -- I'd move on.

That always seems to be the fallback defense for people.

For every fanboy, there needs to be someone to equal it out, unless the game is truely good, then there's not nearly enough to equal.

fallback defense?

I'm just saying why hate when you could appreciate something else. But it sounds like you feel it's your duty to balance things out, so go right ahead.

By now I forgot the question, but if it was which game to you like better, I'd have to say it's still a jump ball.

If it was which game IS better, I'd have to say 2 is the better game. But that's kinda unfair cuz 2 is really built on the shoulders of 1. Smoothing out rough patches, expanding on dialogs and relationships, equipment and workbenches. You wouldn't have 2 without 1.

I think 2's story is better in a lot of ways. NPC backstories and motivations are more complex, the overall tone is much more nuanced and darker. It asks more questions than 1 and doesn't give up many answers.

And that might be part a why I think I might "like" 1's story better. It's a more straightforward Star Wars morality play (played LS anyway). The good guys are really good and the bad guys are really bad and the neutral guy, he's really just a kinda antisocial good guy. I'm not saying it's better -- I'm still torn -- but it's definitely more "likeable."