Kotor VS TSL

After playing both, which is ur fav?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. After playing both, which is ur fav?

• Knights Of The Old Republic
    • Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    • I can't decide ........ yet
    • I like them the same

I dont think you can really compare the two honestly other then say both excellent for different reasons.

KotOR story flowed very smooth and had a Climatic ending complete with cut screen movie.

KotOR2 has the more indepth (adult orinated) storyline which is a huge plus in my books, but doesnt seem to run as smoothly, and its ending is rather a let down to be honest.

I think alot of issues in KotOR2 could have been solved with having all the areas they originally planned on in game (sub level of military base on talos and the HK story line fully ingame).

Both games fall short tho in the fact the are just to small. I love both games like nothing else but the world size for each of them is just puny! Imagine the enjoyment if the world was 3 times as large for each game! Thats my biggest complaint about the franchise!

I dont think you can really compare the two honestly other then say both excellent for different reasons.

KotOR story flowed very smooth and had a Climatic ending complete with cut screen movie.

KotOR2 has the more indepth (adult orinated) storyline which is a huge plus in my books, but doesnt seem to run as smoothly, and its ending is rather a let down to be honest.

i think this quote explains how i viewed both games, pertaining to their respective stories. kotor1's was more fluid, but a bit less indepth, whereas kotor2's story was a bit more jumbled, but had more depth in what it was trying to say.

I liked the first one better but I still like the second one.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Um, would anybody mind saying something about the replayability value of the second one? I think the first one doesn't have much replay value after the second or third time through, as there isn't really any difference in character development or story development whatsoever, except for going light or dark. The same for items, fights, etc.

Um, would anybody mind saying something about the replayability value of the second one?  I think the first one doesn't have much replay value after the second or third time through, as there isn't really any difference in character development or story development whatsoever, except for going light or dark.  The same for items, fights, etc.

I found K1 to be replayable to my 10th game.

K2, however, after I was done I felt full. like the Taco Bell commercials.

So it would probably be the opposite instance for you.

I actually think the second one had more. Mostly becaues of the enhanced work bench. I really liked messing around with my armor and lightsaber. I beat the first one more times than I can count, but I think I will end up beating the second one just as many. Even though I don't like it as much, all the extra features really make the second one worth the replay a little more. The story is slightly more replayable too with the different options of converting people to dark or light side, or the two different characters you can get for darkside and lightside, and for male or female.

Yes I replayed the firstone pretty much nonstop since it came out until the second one came out. I can barely bring myself to replay this one a fourth time...

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think TSL, but playing Kotor brings back a lot of really good, lazy, summer memories. The same goes for the music, I managed to get the music on to my MP3 player and many a night did the Bastila theme lull me to a peaceful night's sleep :huh: . Speaking of Bastila, I know some people didn't like her, but... :p

I am still in the midst of tmy second time through on the DS.

I cannot begin to count how many time I played K1, so let us say a lot. K1's endings were better, the story was coherent and flowed nicely. The game just felt short. Sure the endings were cliche but it was fun. I still like the DS ending better., just because it has a sense of accomplishment to it and all those sith bowing to their master and chanting your name. It was very gratifying.

TSL to me is so much better on so many dirrerent levels. No - it doesn't have that end finality, but does it need it? The environments are highly varied, but a tad small. The dialogue was hugely expanded and I really likesd the whole influence system, even though in some cases it appeared to be broken. It gave the game an interesting feel as it made you think about what you were doing and made you chose your words carefully, this is a very good thing. The lab/workbench system is good, I personally would have liked the ability to make combinations of stuff that would result in unique items. It added a good element to the game. The story is good and there; but you must look for it, via interaction. I am still undecided about that point.

In the end I feel that neither should be compared as they both stand well on their own merits. K2 is an echo of K1 as I expected it to be, by being done by a different developer., you have different perspectives. Does that make it a bad game? I vote no, I still ike it as much as the first for entirely different reasons.

I do hope K3 comes out and my suggestion would be from a totally different perspective yet. Allow both the results of K1&2 to influence the history of K3. - much like K1 to K2 did. Let us see the galaxy in another 5 - 10 years and see how it all turns out in the wake of K2.

I am curious to understand why they took the perspective they did on the outcome from K1. Yet another idea would to have three totally different endings, One for the LS route, 1 for the DS route and one for the grey route.

Oh I almost forgot it would be nice if the devs on the next one would poll the players to see which ending was preferred to get a consensus as to the real outcome of the previous game. Just a thought.

I am replaying kotor for the 53rd time. It does bring back alot of good memorries. It is a better game then the second in my opinion, but I still enjoyed the second one...

Honestly, to all those who are debating getting it, i'd reccomend it. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. Sure, it may not be perfect, and maybe not quite up to par with the classic one, as people have mentioned, but it was a good game nonetheless. Even if you don't like the ending, it'll still provide 30-40 some hours of good entertainment. As far as bugs, well, I haven't enountered any yet. *shrugs and pats can or RAID* ;)

I think TSL, but playing Kotor brings back a lot of really good, lazy, summer memories.  The same goes for the music, I managed to get the music on to my MP3 player and many a night did the Bastila theme lull me to a peaceful night's sleep -_-  . Speaking of Bastila, I know some people didn't like her, but... ;)

I also have KOTOR soundtracks on my MP3 player, including the Bastila one, though I don't let it lull me to sleep...

KotOR story flowed very smooth and had a Climatic ending complete with cut

So seeing people standing around, and doing nothing constitutes a solid cut scene movie? KOTOR:1 had no real ending to speak of.

Once the bad guy was defeated, you don't discover anything new. There is no epilogue. And the dark side movie shows Bastilla there after you kill her. Some ending.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I seriously don't understand what is good about the KOTOR ending.

I prefer Bastila over Handmaiden/Visas anytime  :"> 

Though my special BBIAVG Award

(Best Butt in a Video Game)

now goes to Shahdee from PoP2 :thumbsup:

ACK! Bastila over Visas??????????????????? NO CHANCE!

Visas > Mira > Bastila > Handmaiden > Jurari > Mission!!!!!

hehehe, no doubt about it :blink:

KotOR story flowed very smooth and had a Climatic ending complete with cut

So seeing people standing around, and doing nothing constitutes a solid cut scene movie? KOTOR:1 had no real ending to speak of.

Once the bad guy was defeated, you don't discover anything new. There is no epilogue. And the dark side movie shows Bastilla there after you kill her. Some ending.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I seriously don't understand what is good about the KOTOR ending.

Agreed!!

I like Kotor and K2 the same. Both have their pros and cons but they are equal in my regards.

Exactly. Even with the original Trilogy, I couldn't say which I like best -- I like watching them and taking them in as a whole. And with KOTOR2, it's impact is greater if you experienced the first, and vice versa, imho.

I like Kotor and K2 the same. Both have their pros and cons but they are equal in my regards.

I'll admit that both have their pros & cons, but for most of time I feel they tend to be the same pros & cons. That is, the weaknesses of the KotOR were multiplied and magnified for the second, while what was good in the first really isn't that much better in TSL.

And besides, TSL in it's current bug infested state can never be equal to KotOR.

manthing2.jpg

I thought KotOR 2 was much better than the first. It's obvious a lot of thought went into the game creation process. One of the aspects of the game I liked best was how you can do various things and get added bonuses to your stats. Such as how you can have a talk with Kreia and she gives you new insight on how the force works and you get extra stat points. It really makes the player feel that they are a Jedi instead of just opening new powers once you reach a certain level. And same goes for touching the

darkside energy spots in the sith temple on dxun, letting you learn new powers

Another aspect I liked was the workbench. It was cool how you can tear down stuff to make items that you actually needed. I wish they would've left that as PC-controlled only because I could make anything I needed and the items gave you major buffs, add that in with the lvl 50 cap (which I wish they would've left at 20) and you have an overpowered character midway into the game.

I thought the influence system was well thought out. Even at the sacrifice of some lightside points (which were insignificant) it made me really want to work to get to know my teammates. It would've been better if the NPC's dialogue choices were made to match their alignment, but maybe in the next installment.

I wish they would've had more time to do something with the graphics since it really does hurt the game. But I still think this game was better than the first.