Kotor VS TSL

After playing both, which is ur fav?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. After playing both, which is ur fav?

• Knights Of The Old Republic
    • Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    • I can't decide ........ yet
    • I like them the same

I'm really digging it.

Gameplay is better.

Dialogue is better.

The new workbench system is better.

Skills are vastly more important.

Having a variation of 2 or 3 questions to ask an NPC for the majority of the game...and then after certain events occur, not having an update to those options really doesn't constitute better dialogue.

How pathetic was it that

Handmaiden's & Visas' conversation options didn't update after the defeat of Atris & Nihilus respectively.

It's like the whole thing didn't happen.

The fact that Handamaden tells you her name after that cutscene, and then via convo option says she can't tell you is just poor. Or the fact that Visas keeps rattling about her the coming battle with her master even though you already defeated him.

Very unsettling. But then again, the whole latter portion of the game (post

return to Dantooine

), fell apart. All that build up means nothing if you end up with an rushed & unfinished product. <_<

You probably haven't reaced that stage Ender, but when you fail to achieve any closure or

party member resolution

, you'll know what I mean. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

In my opinion the ending was a good cliffhanger and it was really a begginging because it left a lot more open for the next game than KOTOR1 did.

It does give you closure on most of the characters if you ask Kreia about every planet and the party members she answers the questions going into the future. It seems to me none of them appeared at Malachor because the main chracter went by himself. It gives you a lot more than the last game in telling what happened to the characters that didn't die.

In my opinion the ending was a good cliffhanger and it was really a begginging because it left a lot more open for the next game than KOTOR1 did.

It does give you closure on most of the characters if you ask Kreia about every planet and the party members she answers the questions going into the future. It seems to me none of them appeared at Malachor because the main chracter went by himself. It gives you a lot more than the last game in telling what happened to the characters that didn't die.

Wrong. There was no closure - more questions were raised than answered. And to buy a third game in order to gain closure on it's predecessor its simply farcical!

Also, to say that "it gives you a lot more than the last game" is laughable. The first KotOR allowed you to bask in your victory. Here one is left unsatisfied with a very broken conclusion. <_<

manthing2.jpg

How is he wrong?

He said cliffhanger. You said he's wrong because there is no closure.

Last time I checked a cliffhanger lacks closure, but sets you up for the next installment.

You can disagree and say that you would prefer closure, but I don't think he's WRONG in saying it's a cliffhanger.

I voted for KOTOR, but I'm actually a bit pleased that TSL is in the lead.

What does this say about my personality?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

How is he wrong?

He said cliffhanger.  You said he's wrong because there is no closure.

Last time I checked a cliffhanger lacks closure, but sets you up for the next installment.

You can disagree and say that you would prefer closure, but I don't think he's WRONG in saying it's a cliffhanger.

It's not really a cliffhanger either - it's just weak and unfinished.

Something like Half-Life 2, HALO 2 & Matrix Reloaded would constitute 'cliffhangers'. This was simply broken and ambiguous.

manthing2.jpg

KOTOR2 improves greatly from the original. Better looking jedi robes, prestige classes, the use of skills, the workbench, darker atmosphere. All great improvements. With that said, there are a ton of annoying problems with KOTOR2. The story is ok, but it doesn't flow very coherently. The framerate is a complete nightmare at certain points in the game. There is a lot of good stuff here but there are also a ton of problems. In the end, I prefer KOTOR2.

Good and valid opinions by all.

I prefer K1 over K2. In my opinion, adding new features, powers, increasing the importance of skills doesn't equate to a better game.

It just equates to something different. K2 has far more bugs across the board than K1. Not to mention, some of these bugs affect game mechanics which is a big disappointment for me.

I won't even get into the farce concerning the difficulty/challenge of K2. Talk about the pinnacle of powergaming.

- dr cloak

You say that KOTOR was better in almost every way. How so?

KOTOR:2 has more replay value.

KOTOR:2 has prestige classes.

KOTOR:2 has better NPCs. They all have a special talent. In KOTOR:1, only the Jedi were worth anything in your party. And two of the characters basically had no personality or story in KOTOR:1 whatsoever.

Gameplay is better.

Graphics are better.

There are boatloads of new features.

The story is better.

So, how is KOTOR better?

In KOTOR, if you played hardcore LS or hardcore DS, the only thing you got out of it was to become a goody goody or a big bully.

In TSL, if you go hardcore LS or hardcore DS, it has an actual meaning and effect on the gameplay. If you take the time to listen to your party members, you gain influence which you can later use to manipulate them to your heart's content!

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins