TO THE DEVS : Blunderous Game Mechanic Bug!

Planescape Torment didn't have very good combat, and it is perhaps the greatest RPG of all time.

Temple of Elemental Evil had great combat, and is a horrid, horrid game.

I rest my case.

Edit: Bugs should still be reported, and fixed if possible however.

Planescape Torment didn't have very good combat, and it is perhaps the greatest RPG of all time.

Whoa! I got bored with PS:T real soon. As soon as I entered underground city or whatever. I still think FO/FO2 is the most versatile combat system up to date. There's a lot of ways of winning/surviving combat that AFAIK no other game has ever been able to match. Story-wise and gameplay-wise, FO2 is *THE* RPG.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I was just bested at drinking by the scottish branch o' my family. I'm such a wuss... :">

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I was just bested at drinking by the scottish branch o' my family. I'm such a wuss... :">

Sorry for a weird question, but does that scottish branche happen to live in Ayr, Scotland?

I wish I knew. After so many drinks I barely could understand whatever comments directed at me, let alone their 'internal' conversation. I have just been pwned alright.

Call me a sucker for this but i loved Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Combat... its kinda a RPG :)

Yeah, I've heard it's a pretty good action game. Anyone care to tell me why is it being bashed so hard?

In Halo 2 you play a role of the Master Chief.

Nominate Halo 2 for RPG of the year.

Yeah. If I were to RP a character, that would be 'Master Chief' alright. There's no other character with such a strong personality and custom traits like him. If there's a epitome of personality and uniqueness, that's Master Chief.

I agree with Ender 100%. Just take into consideration that I'm drunk now. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Call me a sucker for this but i loved Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Combat... its kinda a RPG :)

Yeah, I've heard it's a pretty good action game. Anyone care to tell me why is it being bashed so hard?

Yeah. If I were to RP a character, that would be 'Master Chief' alright. There's no other character with such a strong personality and custom traits like him. If there's a epitome of personality and uniqueness, that's Master Chief.

I agree with Ender 100%. Just take into consideration that I'm drunk now. :)

Well its alot like the Legacy of Kain series games, personally i prefer it.

its being bashed because of the length of time you can complete it in... still a good 10 hours but not much nowadays.

Its also being bashed because of the music.. once again i personally much prefer the darker theme.

its also being bashed because the reviewers dont have enough time to complete the game properly... there are 2 endings in the game only 1 of them you are required to complete the game 100% :)

(ps second ending on it is excellent :D)

its being bashed because of the length of time you can complete it in... still a good 10 hours but not much nowadays.

its also being bashed because the reviewers dont have enough time to complete the game properly... there are 2 endings in the game only 1 of them you are required to complete the game 100% :o

(ps second ending on it is excellent :D)

Huh? Man that's stupid. On the reviewers' part I mean. It took me about 6 hours to beat MGS on the ol' PSX and it still rocks. There have been other games that have tried to copy MGS's game dynamics (Splinter Cell, even MGS2) but I still haven't found another game which provided quite the same intensity as MGS.

I haven't played Prince of Persia 2 yet but judging a game for its shortness seems rather idiotic to me, since a lot of longer games are boring to the point of unplayability.

And that's as far as I'm willing to go to derail this thread. :ermm:"

Because the statement that this topic was formed around is kind of lame...

Not to be argumentative my friend, but have you already invalidated the authenticity of the aforementioned game mechanics errors? If so, then I'm happy for you, as that's one less XBoxer with a bug(s). :)

If not, then perhaps with more constructive participation, we can at least prevent the PC users from suffering from such dissatisfaction. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

Lol i am a British Pc user, my friend imported it for X-Box.

What i was saying by that sentance is... of course the game has been Beta Tested, and suprisingly my friend has not encountered 1 bug yet and he is onto

Malachor V

If that is the case, then I'm happy for him. :)

However, due to the nature of these errors, one does not simply "encounter" them. You have to actually know what you're looking for via the combat feedback calculations. Sadly, this is why your friend may not have noticed. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

Look, regardless of how important you consider combat as part of the game, the fact remains that combat (and skills, and Force powers, for that matter) is buggy for the implemented system. These aren't just spelling errors or anything; these are bugs that have major effects on a number of feats and powers in the game. No one should get a pass just because the bugginess doesn't totally ruin the game as a whole. They're still glaring flaws, and they're still something that should easily have been caught during the testing of the game.

nothing like a great message baord(s) to make ya paranoid.....I thought I had run into a game-breaker on Nar Shaddaa (after hearing so much about it), when all I had to do was raise my rep s'more with the Exchange. The internet -- a blessing and a curse. :(

Look, regardless of how important you consider combat as part of the game, the fact remains that combat (and skills, and Force powers, for that matter) is buggy for the implemented system.  These aren't just spelling errors or anything; these are bugs that have major effects on a number of feats and powers in the game.  No one should get a pass just because the bugginess doesn't totally ruin the game as a whole.  They're still glaring flaws, and they're still something that should easily have been caught during the testing of the game.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head, Mongoose. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

To my horror, I've just discovered yet another shocking game mechanics flaw -

Unlike the labstation (where breaking down chemicals utilizes the skill of the NPC using it), the workbench always utilizes the repair skill of the PC regardless when breaking down components, NOT THE SKILL OF THE NPC, AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO! :angry:

manthing2.jpg

To my horror, I've just discovered yet another shocking game mechanics flaw -

Unlike the labstation (where breaking down chemicals utilizes the skill of the NPC using it), the workbench always utilizes the repair skill of the PC regardless when breaking down components, NOT THE SKILL OF THE NPC, AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO!  :angry:

Yeah, discovered that one to my dismay a while back. All those skill points as a Sentinel, and what happens when I don't put points into one of my few cross-class skills? Can't regularly use item creation at all.