TO THE DEVS : Blunderous Game Mechanic Bug!

Sorry!  How do you black-out spoilers?

put [spoiler in front of your spoiler and [/spoiler at the end. Close with ]

And bear in mind that my spoiler may not be the same as yours!

I know, but lately a lot of people don't take us poor PC or Int. gamers in consideration when posting. It's just that people get the general idea of blacking out your spoilers when you post.

Instead of ranting and raving and otherwise wasting yours and our time, try and make constructive comments.

What exactly is a constructive comment for a game with no possibility of patching or refund? What can a gypped x-boxer do but blow off steam at this point? Oh, and before some feral 11 year olds attack me and try to chew though my various tendons and ligaments, I've not played it yet, being a pc gamer and make no such claim.

Instead of ranting and raving and otherwise wasting yours and our time, try and make constructive comments.

What exactly is a constructive comment for a game with no possibility of patching or refund? What can a gypped x-boxer do but blow off steam at this point? Oh, and before some feral 11 year olds attack me and try to chew though my various tendons and ligaments, I've not played it yet, being a pc gamer and make no such claim.

Good point. Furthermore, since K2 for the Xbox is not Live Enabled, anyone with the Xbox copy of the game are just screwed...big time. Not that being Live Enabled would necessarily eliminate those bugs, but atleast having added content would alleviate some of the 'bug' tension.

- dr cloak

Instead of arguing about who is entitled to an opinion, I'm curious as to how he's convinced that he's not received any defense bonus.

Is he using any item that gives him an ARMOR bonus?  Two bonuses of the same category don't stack in the D20 rules.  That's why you can't use those powers while wearing armor.

Can we some actual hard numbers and research on whether these powers are working or not?

It's pretty simple to find. The game has combat message logs that detail the actual attack rolls, just like the first KotOR. All you have to do is analyze the combat logs to notice that when enemies attack someone with a Speed or Armor power on, the defense bonus is not being added to the Jedi's defense numbers for the ToHit calculations. Same way players found the double-bladed weapon bug in KotOR 1, I imagine.

Oh, and besides the big defense bug for Force powers, the Power Attack series has no knockback calculations, and the Master Flurry still gives you a -1 penalty to attack like the KotOR 1 version. Both of those are, again, disagreements with the power descriptions.

And for all those that are gloating because the PC version will likely have less bugs, think: if Obisidian had managed to finish the Xbox version with no bugs, perhaps they would have had time to add new content or features to the later versions, rather than spending time tracking down bugs. A buggy game helps no one.

Another bug that is very annoying.

Visas has Master Flurry. Yet in combat, she uses Improved Flurry, exclusively. LOL!! WTF??

Very pissed about crap like this. Whats the sense in getting the higher Feats when the NPCs are just going to use the weaker ones? rofl

- dr cloak

Maybe these bugs are a blessing considering how easy people seem to find the game. Most of these bugs hold back the already uber-powerful player. I mean, if it were all actually working who knows how easy it'd be. Personally, I'm already expecting the thing to be more along the lines of an interactive movie than a game, sorta like a choose your own adventure thing, if it's anything like significantly easier than KotOR 1. It's not exactly fair to make a basketball game or something close by bashing a leading team player's knees in, but it does work.

Maybe these bugs are a blessing considering how easy people seem to find the game.  Most of these bugs hold back the already uber-powerful player.  I mean, if it were all actually working who knows how easy it'd be.  Personally, I'm already expecting the thing to be more along the lines of an interactive movie than a game, sorta like a choose your own adventure thing, if it's anything like significantly easier than KotOR 1.  It's not exactly fair to make a basketball game or something close by bashing a leading team player's knees in, but it does work.

But the thing is, I already handicap myself. My first two play throughs I handicapped myself the entire way.

I always play on 'Difficult' setting. Secondly, I either go solo (no party in my group) or I take one person with me.

I don't use cheese tactics like Master Speed + Master Flurry combos. You won't see my Jedi running around with a Saber in each hand.

So for someone like me, having these types of bugs aren't a blessing.

- dr cloak

The story in this game is so good that I'm not minding the bugs.

Are people taking the time to really get to know the characters in the game?

If all you're looking for is combat, then this game probably isn't for you.

Same here, Ender! I'm allzabout talking to my party members, getting to know them, trying to influence all. But I'm really enjoying the combat as well, playing on Difficult, and see no reason I need to 'handicap' myself. If I wanted an action-packed challenge, I wouldn't play an RPG -- I'd play NINJA GAIDEN on Very Hard or something similar. ;)

Yes, that moment I had last night was...incredible. Just ask Ender, I was practically jumping up and down when it happened.

When I was playing KOTOR, I didn't really take the time to complete every single side quest or get to know my party members.

This time around in KOTOR2, I'm putting more effort into the little things. I really like gaining/losing influence and how it effects the play of the game.

I'm still having issues with freezing during loads and actual game play, but I can deal with that. Just save often and alternate between two or three save slots. Simple as that.

And I agree with a lot of other people. If you want a game for nothing but hardcore combat, play something else. I'm playing this game for the cinematic experiance; the chance to create my own Star Wars movie. I don't watch Star Wars for the combat, I watch it for the story.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

I think Jad'en is becoming my new favorite person on this forum...

How's EnderWiggin going to react to that ?

remember, domestic violence is a bad thing.

Oh...heh. Whoops! I still love you baby!

If Ender ever tried anything, he'd be sleeping on the couch. And he'd lose his WonderTwins rights.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins