TO THE DEVS : Blunderous Game Mechanic Bug!

This is not my imagination, this de facto, as description for KotOR II : TSL:

forceaura.jpg

forceshield.jpg

forcearmor.jpg

knightspeed.jpg

masterspeed.jpg

The defenses bonuses derived from the above Force Powers DO NOT WORK - They add NOTHING to your defense!

Sorry Obsidian, but as a KotOR vet I find this inexcusable. <_<

How can you release a game without feasible patch support via XBox Live, claim it's been Beta tested despite containing numerous GAME MECHANIC FLAWS, and then have a clear conscience? mad2.gif

manthing2.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that KotOR 2 is a buggy POS and not worth playing.  Jag, you heard all the bugs this game has and yet you stilll got the game.  Too bad for you.

By your conclusion I wonder why you lack absence in this forum. It is rather obvious you are against the whole KOTOR thing, so just space yourself back to wherever you came from, we don't want any off-worlders talking Bantha poodoo about KOTOR.

It's not that big of a deal about the speed thing, but it's one of many ridiculous bugs that were never solved.

The penalty for an early December release is the bugs, the reward for waiting two more months than that is a lesser buggy international version of KOTOR 2. The developers of KOTOR 2 have confirmed this.

One of the few things that irritates me on this forum is the incessant flaming of the game from the Xbox players.

Instead of ranting and raving and otherwise wasting yours and our time, try and make constructive comments.

As Ostkant said, this is the price you pay for an earlier release. If you really cannot contain your dislike of the game, then cease to frequent its forums.

Is it just me or does this seem logical (and far more mature).

Have to say i agree with catalyst's post. Anyone ever read Maria's posts on Storyline forum? I think she is a great writer and inspires me to play kotor 2 not matter it's faults, making the best of what you got. And she plays the x-box version to :(

I have come to the conclusion that KotOR 2 is a buggy POS and not worth playing.  Jag, you heard all the bugs this game has and yet you stilll got the game.  Too bad for you.

By your conclusion I wonder why you lack absence in this forum. It is rather obvious you are against the whole KOTOR thing, so just space yourself back to wherever you came from, we don't want any off-worlders talking Bantha poodoo about KOTOR.

Its obvious he probaly has no social life whatsoever.

Sorry Obsidian, but as a KotOR vet I find this inexcusable.

Arf

A veteran of an entire 40 hour game, wow that takes some doing i bet?

/sarcasim off

Think most people reading this would qualify for that title :lol:

Dam i am bored... can somene hook-up there x-box to there PC and make a fraps

video of K2 :)

Sorry Obsidian, but as a KotOR vet I find this inexcusable.

Arf

/sarcasim off

Think most people reading this would qualify for that title :p

Dam i am bored... can somene hook-up there x-box to there PC and make a fraps

video of K2 :p

Roflmao, pwned by a newbie to the forum :D

Adan i salute you :D

The newbies are on the rise! Defend the borders! Lookout for the torches and pitchforks! :ph34r:

Lol. Nice shot Adan.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

I think you have been exposed to too much Star Wars. Turn off the screen and walk away or the next thing we will hear you say will be "pusha shaka laka" or something like that. :blink:

Is it just me or does this seem logical (and far more mature).

You trying to use logic? In these boards? I would think you know better... :-"

Arf

/sarcasim off

He probably meant that he's seen the same problems in K1. I don't think his comment had anything to do with beating the game but with being a veteran of the KotOR community. I might be wrong but that's how I understood it.

Anyway, if you're feeling witty, then don't let me stop you. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Instead of arguing about who is entitled to an opinion, I'm curious as to how he's convinced that he's not received any defense bonus.

Is he using any item that gives him an ARMOR bonus? Two bonuses of the same category don't stack in the D20 rules. That's why you can't use those powers while wearing armor.

Can we some actual hard numbers and research on whether these powers are working or not?

Is he using any item that gives him an ARMOR bonus?  Two bonuses of the same category don't stack in the D20 rules.  That's why you can't use those powers while wearing armor.

Yeah, however I don't recall any items outside armor which provided armor defense bonus. Defense bonuses were usually 'dodge' defense, not armor. Perhaps if an item adds armor defense bonus by mistake, the other bonuses aren't stacking. Am I making any sense here? :blink:

I found a similar bug in K1 in which defense would not go past a certain number. I can't seem to remember the exact number but it was pretty high. I encountered this bug only playing with some mods so I assumed that had been the cause.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In SW:D20 Defence rating is how hard it is for your opponent to hit you... so figuratively speaking with defence of 1, you are always goingn to get hit, and a defence of 1000 (not possible with game mechanics but for arguements sake) you are untouchable:)

First of all, makes sure you unequip any force restrictive armor - just robes/clothes for now.

Now look up your 'Defense' on the 'body' or 'character' screen.

You see, the force armor powers and force speed powers never even stacked properly even in the first KotOR. :)

That is precisley why during the closely watched development process, I made sure Akari was aware of this problem during one the 'weekend programmer'/'question to the devs' threads. Akari himself said that he then personally tested these bonuses so that everything was on the up & up.

The trouble is that it's become even worse now. Not only do these bonuses not stack, but the INDIVIDUAL defense bonuses per power are not received. <_<

E.g. Activate a force armor power. Check the defense value on the 'body' or 'character' screem. NO UPDATE. Engage in combat (whilst power is activated), & check the 'combat feedback messages' dice rolls. NO UPDATE.

Oh, & what's this? Another thread, golly I'm reeling in shock, <_< :

force armor and speed

manthing2.jpg

I think you have been exposed to too much Star Wars. Turn off the screen and walk away or the next thing we will hear you say will be "pusha shaka laka" or something like that. :)

That's hilarious. Especially your 5000 posts, just goes to show who has been exposed to what too much, not to mention the fact that you got all those postcounts under a year.

just under 40 hours in, and still loving every minute. I am now a Jedi Master, and

***SPOILERS***

the Handmaiden is my padawan! She makes a great Jedi Guardian. :)

***END SPOILERS

Also, even though I'm a lightsider, I don't use those "shielding" force powers -- well, except for Speed, but that's neutral to force alignment. Never used them in the last game (both playthroughs), and don't plan on it this game -- I prefer Force Valor and Battle Meditation buffs, or stims.

just under 40 hours in, and still loving every minute.  I am now a Jedi Master, and

the Handmaiden is my padawan!  She makes a great Jedi Guardian.  :)

Also, even though I'm a lightsider, I don't use those "shielding" force powers -- well, except for Speed, but that's neutral to force alignment.  Never used them in the last game (both playthroughs), and don't plan on it this game -- I prefer Force Valor and Battle Meditation buffs, or stims.

Thank you! :)

just under 40 hours in, and still loving every minute.  I am now a Jedi Master, and

the Handmaiden is my padawan!  She makes a great Jedi Guardian.  :)

Also, even though I'm a lightsider, I don't use those "shielding" force powers -- well, except for Speed, but that's neutral to force alignment.  Never used them in the last game (both playthroughs), and don't plan on it this game -- I prefer Force Valor and Battle Meditation buffs, or stims.

Thank you! :)

Sorry! How do you black-out spoilers? And bear in mind that my spoiler may not be the same as yours!

again, all apologies.... :ph34r: